Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:32 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by civico
Thanks for the data point, CrashDavis! This is exactly what I was looking for!
You are welcome. I had not found anyone replying in the thread with a similar fact pattern, so wanted to post in case others were in the same situation. I knew there had to be at least one other person
Old Jun 20, 2012, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by barefootist
Did you get the Chase Continental Card before or after 7/19/2011?
Post 7/19/11
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Gold
update

Originally Posted by susiesan
I put in an app for this card for my husband with the 50K first use, $50 statement credit offer page used while logged into his UA account. I did not get card instantly approved with an annual income above $100K and a high credit score. Got the message they will consider and notify by mail. Chase has been taking 2-3 weeks on other cards I've applied for to get approvals.

Is there a phone number to call for talking to Chase to ask for an expedited consideration?
I got a letter from Chase saying there was already an account under the ssn I used. I knew there wasn't so I looked at the print I made of the app. I inadvertently used my Mom's ssn number. She has the same mailing address as us. My bad, brain fart. So I went back online to the offer page from the link in post 1, applied for my husband while his MP account was open, and he was instantly approved and given a temp credit limit. When the card shows up I'll confirm it's for the 65K and $50 statement credit before activating. The offer is still good as of June 19.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So did you Mom's credit report show a pull on this application?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Data point: I applied to this card more than 2 but less than 3 months after applying to sapphire preferred. Got approved but not instantly, didn't have to call reconsideration. I also have freedom from chase and that's it.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
So did you Mom's credit report show a pull on this application?
Don't know. I haven't looked at Mom's credit report as I don't pay for any of the services. Last time I checked her score with creditkarma it was still high.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by susiesan
Don't know. I haven't looked at Mom's credit report as I don't pay for any of the services. Last time I checked her score with creditkarma it was still high.
Not credit score, but the credit report which shows all the accounts you ever owned and the hard / soft inquiries the creditors made on your SSN. Your addresses / employment etc.

You dont need to pay anyone to get your credit report - you are entitled to a free copy each year from each of the reporting agency.

On top of that, each time you apply a credit, you can call the reporting agency to get a copy if you know which agency the inquiry likely goes. You just need to tell it you suffer "adverse" action. No approval of a card is an adverse action.

It is a good practice to check one's credit report periodically to make sure if there is any discrepancy etc.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

delete duplicate post.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 26, 2012 at 3:02 pm
Old Jun 23, 2012, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by CrashDavis
Posted on here previously, originally applied and received the Continental Card in 3rd/4th quarter of 2011. I received the bonus points (think it was 50,000). Applied for United Card for 65,000 points (50,000 bonus +10,000 after X amount of spend +5,000 for adding authorizer user +50 statement credit). I was not instantly approved, but called a couple days later. I was approved and card sent out to me. They transferred my credit line from the CO Card to the United Card and closed the CO Card account.

I received my $50 credit on my statement and the 50,000 United points just posted to my account today. It took about 4 weeks from original approval date. Girlfriend did the same on the same date and hers posted today too.
Did you receive the 50K united points before the 1st statement closed?
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Did you receive the 50K united points before the 1st statement closed?
The points posted for me after the statement closed.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 9:09 am

65k+statement credit upgrade offer is still going can't wait to get my first miles
Old Jun 27, 2012, 5:54 pm

Just applied for the 65k/$50 offer here:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPCo...5k50AFWIC.aspx
Old Jun 28, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I tried searching, but couldn't find the answer ... is there an expiration for this 65K offer? I want to get some relatives in on it, but won't be until early July.
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:03 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
I had seen somewhere that there is a requirement to have miles in your United account for one to be eligible for the 65K offer. is that true ? My friend wants to get on the 65K offer but it is not working for him using the links above.

Can somebody help?

Thank you,

naroowal
Old Jun 28, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by naroowal
I had seen somewhere that there is a requirement to have miles in your United account for one to be eligible for the 65K offer. is that true ? My friend wants to get on the 65K offer but it is not working for him using the links above.

Can somebody help?

Thank you,

naroowal
Yes it's true, your friend will have to get some miles into his account and then he will see the offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.