Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 11:14 am

How frequently can you churn these cards?
Old Jun 28, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
Originally Posted by deadmeat
How frequently can you churn these cards?
these are chase cards so the conventional wisdom is virtually never
Old Jun 29, 2012, 5:54 pm

Originally Posted by apk123
Yes it's true, your friend will have to get some miles into his account and then he will see the offer.
Can I just transfer 1000 UR points to my United account?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Originally Posted by JCary
Can I just transfer 1000 UR points to my United account?
Yes - to your or anybody else's UA account, for that matter.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 7:10 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
I was able to see the offer with a 0 balance, BUT I do have 3 award reservations with United currently on the books for the upcoming 11 months worth a total of ~300k miles. So FWIW, it doesn't seem like you need to have an actual balance, just some account activity.

Not sure if that had been reported mid-thread (too long to read all of it) but a data point that some may find useful.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 10:13 pm

Up to 65K miles & $50 statement credit

wow. Thanks.

The first time I clicked on the link (after logging in to my UA account), I got something that said "call this number"...

Then I clicked on the link from the first post of this thread, and voila, I got the offer for up to 65k.

Then got approved immediately. I have a Chase MP card, but I have had it for years. They even gave me a credit limit and I can use is right away at united.com. Never saw that before.

That will give me some nice extra mileage on top of what I have now.

I added my S.O. to get a card when I applied. Is that good enough for the extra 5K miles, or do you have to have another?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:14 am

I just applied but was not approved immediately, "We need to review your application". I have 4 Chase cards and I got my last one 55 days ago.
Should I call them or just wait? Does anyone know the phone number to call?
Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
call the reconsideration line on Monday.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 12:06 am

Programs: UA/AA
Originally Posted by driftings
Just applied for the 65k/$50 offer here:

https://www.theexplorercard.com/MPCo...5k50AFWIC.aspx
Something's up!!

This link will no longer get you to an application page. The same is true of the 65K offer that UA makes when I log into my United account.

Further, Dan's Deals is reporting the following...

"Update: Chase has let me know that sometime on Monday my link for the United card below will no longer work. I have no idea what’s up" Dan has the 30K offer on his website.

Here's a link to the post on Dan's Deals....

http://www.dansdeals.com/archives/21566
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:45 pm

The links are still working. If not, clear your cookies, close your browser, re-open your browser, login to your united account again and click on the link. Was able to get to the 65K / $50 offer tonight and applied.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 8:54 pm

just got the united explorer card in February with a high credit limit and I want to churn it now. I did not close the card though and was wondering if I can still churn it with a new ff number or not.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by awardticket
just got the united explorer card in February with a high credit limit and I want to churn it now. I did not close the card though and was wondering if I can still churn it with a new ff number or not.
You can't usually churn ANY Chase cards...this is a Chase card. You certainly can't churn it after just 5 months.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 4:18 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by HikerT
The links are still working. If not, clear your cookies, close your browser, re-open your browser, login to your united account again and click on the link. Was able to get to the 65K / $50 offer tonight and applied.
At this point I'm getting an offer unavailable link
for the 65k offer via a browser in incognito mode through an IP across the country.

There is also (to the right of the very box I am typing this in) a United 40k ad which actually works.

So it looks like 65k is dead right now.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by oziman
At this point I'm getting an offer unavailable link
for the 65k offer via a browser in incognito mode through an IP across the country.

There is also (to the right of the very box I am typing this in) a United 40k ad which actually works.

So it looks like 65k is dead right now.
I can still get the 65k offer. Open an incognito window in Chrome, log into your United account, then paste that link above twice. The first time it takes you do a catalog page, and then the second time to the 65k offer. Sadly, not ready for any new applications for me.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by penner42
I can still get the 65k offer. Open an incognito window in Chrome, log into your United account, then paste that link above twice. The first time it takes you do a catalog page, and then the second time to the 65k offer. Sadly, not ready for any new applications for me.
Thanks! Got it to work using this method.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.