Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2012, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
Targeted link? If not care to share?
Also anyone know of any easy low mileage transfers I can do to united from other programs to put some in my account? I did the topguest/foursquare but no airports nearby to check in to
Do you have any miles in other programs? I would use the points.com site to transfer a few miles into a MileagePlus account. Worst case scenario, you just buy 1000 miles from United. I transferred 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points into my MileagePlus account and I was able to access the offer page instantly.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:02 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Targeted link? If not care to share?
Also anyone know of any easy low mileage transfers I can do to united from other programs to put some in my account? I did the topguest/foursquare but no airports nearby to check in to
Looks targeted. I clicked on it just now and all it took me to was a sign in page...
Old May 21, 2012, 4:57 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA, USAir
Originally Posted by glu800
I've been searching for an answer to this question with no avail. Hopefully someone here can help. My friend has an old United MileagePlus card from at least 5 years ago. In addition, he has a Continental OnePass card from 2 years ago. Unfortunately, he wasn't aware of the merger and the OP card was automatically converted into the MileagePlus Explorer card last month. So basically, he has 2 MileagePlus cards now, one old, one new.

Now he's wondering if it's still possible to cancel this Explorer card and apply for a new one with the 65K bonus offer. I told him I kind of doubt he would receive the bonus since records will show he's already had one (even though it was converted from his old OP card).

Has anyone had a similar experience and was able to get the bonus by applying for a new Explorer card even after conversion?

Thanks.
I did, and many other people here did as well. The rule is you get the bonus is your continental card was opened b4 July 2011, which seems to be your case. I have United Mileage Plus, United Plus Gold, CO One Pass (opened last May) converted automatically to Explorer, and then applied for the new explorer. So yes, two old united M+ cards, and two explorer cards for me, bonus posted for both.
Old May 21, 2012, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by Maykita
Looks targeted. I clicked on it just now and all it took me to was a sign in page...
For most of these offers, I find I have to click through it twice to get to the offer. The first time, it just takes me to a catalog page of some sort. Close it, click the link again, and it takes me to the offer.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by dshargorodsky
Do you have any miles in other programs? I would use the points.com site to transfer a few miles into a MileagePlus account. Worst case scenario, you just buy 1000 miles from United. I transferred 1,000 Ultimate Rewards points into my MileagePlus account and I was able to access the offer page instantly.
I do have UR points so that would work. You have to call to transfer correct? And how long did it take for yours to complete? Thanks
Old May 21, 2012, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
I do have UR points so that would work. You have to call to transfer correct? And how long did it take for yours to complete? Thanks
No - you do the transfer online and it is almost instantaneous.
You must create a MP account first so you know where to transfer your UR points.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
nice...applied 5/4...not instant approved..but noticed that the card was avail at chase.com on 5/6 before i even spoke to anyone...

got the card on 5/11..made first purchase on 5/12..noticed the statement credit on 5/18 and just got the miles on 5/21
Old May 22, 2012, 10:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
which number do you call if your application is pending review?
also i applied for the British Airways Visa and United Explorer at the same time.
is that the reason why one got approved and the other is pending review?
can i call and ask them to approve the United Explorer instead of the British Airways Visa?
Old May 22, 2012, 11:46 pm
In memoriam

Cool Denied on 1st App, 2nd App card just arrived-weird

Friend applied for the UAL Explorer a couple of months ago. Denied for too many Chase accts (apparently, I didn't see the letter).

Friend called for reconsideration on my advice. Told: no can do as more than 30 days from date of app have passed (isn't it 30 days from date of turndown?). But, you can re-apply.

Friend re-applies ten days ago. Card arrives in mail today.

As far as I know, nothing has changed, no Chase cards cancelled, no change in job, credit score.

Why did friend get 2nd Explorer card, but not 1st?

Any thoughts?
Old May 23, 2012, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by spsawant
which number do you call if your application is pending review?
also i applied for the British Airways Visa and United Explorer at the same time.
is that the reason why one got approved and the other is pending review?
can i call and ask them to approve the United Explorer instead of the British Airways Visa?
The reconsideration number you should call is 888-245-0625. Although you can't ask them to approve one card instead of the other, it's possible to request one card to be closed (the new card you got approved for) in return for another approval (the card currently pending review).

Originally Posted by biggestbopper
Friend applied for the UAL Explorer a couple of months ago. Denied for too many Chase accts (apparently, I didn't see the letter).

Friend called for reconsideration on my advice. Told: no can do as more than 30 days from date of app have passed (isn't it 30 days from date of turndown?). But, you can re-apply.

Friend re-applies ten days ago. Card arrives in mail today.

As far as I know, nothing has changed, no Chase cards cancelled, no change in job, credit score.

Why did friend get 2nd Explorer card, but not 1st?

Any thoughts?
Is it possible that the previous rejection letter stated "too many recent inquiries"? What was the last card that your friend opened prior to applying for the Explorer card? The date of the first Explorer card application may have too close to a previous application.
Old May 24, 2012, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Fevsi
I did, and many other people here did as well. The rule is you get the bonus is your continental card was opened b4 July 2011, which seems to be your case. I have United Mileage Plus, United Plus Gold, CO One Pass (opened last May) converted automatically to Explorer, and then applied for the new explorer. So yes, two old united M+ cards, and two explorer cards for me, bonus posted for both.

Just making sure I'm understanding this right: I have an old UA mileage plus card from June 2010. If I cancel this card, I can apply for a new Explorer card and get the 65k bonus miles? Or can I just apply separately?

Thanks!
Old May 24, 2012, 7:21 am

deleted

Last edited by chauming; May 24, 2012 at 7:36 am
Old May 26, 2012, 1:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by bitachu
nice...applied 5/4...not instant approved..but noticed that the card was avail at chase.com on 5/6 before i even spoke to anyone...

got the card on 5/11..made first purchase on 5/12..noticed the statement credit on 5/18 and just got the miles on 5/21
So you received the miles before your first statement closed? I just asked about posting times (via SM) and was told the miles would post 4-6 days after the statement closes.
Old May 26, 2012, 5:14 pm

Smile

I applied and got approved Chase Continental OnePass MasterCard in February this year. I got 40K miles bonus in March, and additional 5K miles and $50 statement credit after I contacted Chase CS and asked them to match United 50K offer. my question is: when should I cancel the card and re-apply for United MileagePlus card from Chase? or just keep the Continental Card until the annual fee is due in Feb 2013?

Currently I have 5 Chase CC, Chase Continenal, Sapphire Preferred, Chase Amazon, Chase Southwest, and Chase Freedom.

Thanks
Old May 26, 2012, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by liw5215
I applied and got approved Chase Continental OnePass MasterCard in February this year. I got 40K miles bonus in March, and additional 5K miles and $50 statement credit after I contacted Chase CS and asked them to match United 50K offer. my question is: when should I cancel the card and re-apply for United MileagePlus card from Chase? or just keep the Continental Card until the annual fee is due in Feb 2013?

Currently I have 5 Chase CC, Chase Continenal, Sapphire Preferred, Chase Amazon, Chase Southwest, and Chase Freedom.

Thanks
Your CO card should have been automatically converted to a UA Explorer card already.

You will not get bonus for UA card because the cut off date was July 14 2011 - i.e. anyone who applied CO card after that date is deemed to have earned the CO/UA bonus and not eligible for a 2nd one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.