Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
That is the key. I remember I had churned the Marriott card a couple of years ago because I had got an email from them but when I applied the bonus night or points didn't come through.

Originally Posted by ddallas
Yep, sometimes with Chase if you apply for a card a second time you get approved but then when your first statement cuts instead of getting bonus points you get a letter telling you that you already got the bonus for that card and can't get a second. So please let us know if she gets the points.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
She may have been approved for the card again but that does not necessarily mean that she will get the signing bonus again! If she does please post here the proof
Will do. She didn't apply again for points as she really wanted the card for her numerous CP stays and Platinum status...so, I don't think she will be too disappointed if she doesn't get the bonus again. Fwiw, she did get an email from PC to apply for the card to get 80K points, but I'm sure that's irrelevant in Chase issuing the bonus again. I'll have her call Chase and see if they have the offer attached to her app....the statement closes later this month.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 5:42 am
Suspended

Got approved on phone but the rep couldn't confirm the bonus points offer. She took lot of time to find that out. She than says it is 60k for which I replied 80k. She says she saw this on chase website. I applied for it only over 2 hours ago so maybe this is why they can't tell me the bonus points offer?
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:18 pm

My mother applied using the 80k link about a week ago. She called in after approval and the CSR told her the 80k offer had expired and that she would be receiving 60K.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Dvike
My mother applied using the 80k link about a week ago. She called in after approval and the CSR told her the 80k offer had expired and that she would be receiving 60K.
Why did she call if her app. had been approved? It's possible that she still might get the 80K.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Why did she call if her app. had been approved? It's possible that she still might get the 80K.
Sounded like she wanted to confirm the actual number of points she would receive. I got the impression that either her application redirected to a 60,000 offer or it gave no indication at all as to how many she would receive. In any event, she called, they told her 60,000 points, she told the CSR her application was from a link advertising 80,000 (she even referenced Flyertalk, I think). The CSR said that the 80,000 was no longer available. My mother is not the type to argue so she accepted this as fact and ended the conversation.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:33 am
Suspended

Sounded like she wanted to confirm the actual number of points she would receive. I got the impression that either her application redirected to a 60,000 offer or it gave no indication at all as to how many she would receive. In any event, she called, they told her 60,000 points, she told the CSR her application was from a link advertising 80,000 (she even referenced Flyertalk, I think). The CSR said that the 80,000 was no longer available. My mother is not the type to argue so she accepted this as fact and ended the conversation.
I can confirm it is 80k. I found that out today when I called about it.

I still haven't received it though. During my first approval call, rep took couple of minutes to check and than told me he can't see any bonus points offer other than base points earned on purchases and says it shows 60k but told me she saw it on chase's site and she can't see the 80k offer yet because the application is still new.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tsmith12
Will do. She didn't apply again for points as she really wanted the card for her numerous CP stays and Platinum status...so, I don't think she will be too disappointed if she doesn't get the bonus again. Fwiw, she did get an email from PC to apply for the card to get 80K points, but I'm sure that's irrelevant in Chase issuing the bonus again. I'll have her call Chase and see if they have the offer attached to her app....the statement closes later this month.
The offer will always attached to the app if she applied thru the link - but as others have already mentioned - the award of the bonus is a different process which in Chase practice, goes thru another screening to determine the applicant has gotten the bonus before or not, regardless the offer is attached to the application.

This card is a bit lenient than the Marriott / United card in the past for such matter.

So she may well get the bonus again but it has nothing to do with what the CSR would confirm - they always would confirm positive if you applied thru the link but they would not know how the "screening" would process until after the fact - either you get it or you dont, and when you dont, Chase has very good reason to tell so why.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This should be a No No.

Dont do that in the future.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by sametoyou
I can confirm it is 80k. I found that out today when I called about it.

I still haven't received it though. During my first approval call, rep took couple of minutes to check and than told me he can't see any bonus points offer other than base points earned on purchases and says it shows 60k but told me she saw it on chase's site and she can't see the 80k offer yet because the application is still new.
I fear she may have clicked the wrong link on the first page. I told her to click the 80,000 link but there are three or four various other links in the first post and some of them direct to different pages. She says she watched a video and and then it directed her to a page mentioning 60,000 miles. That is why she called. In the end I think she is happy to get 60,000 points, let alone 80,000.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Happy
This should be a No No.

Dont do that in the future.
The same thought ran through my head when she told me that. I never bothered to mention to her proper protocol considering she is not wise in the ways of Flyertalk. I just forwarded her the link and let her do her worst. The CSR did admit to knowing all about Flyertalk, interestingly enough.
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:34 am

@ CDA322 Can you confirm the link used?

Originally Posted by cda322
Just FYI, for anyone considering this, I used the link from this thread, was approved instantly, and when activating the card, was told by the rep that I would earn 80,000 PC points after a $1000/3 month spend.
Congrats CDA.
Did you use the actual link in the very first post #1 of this thread going back to 2011?

Or did you use a different link?

If it was the very first one, he lists a URL address but then says that takes you the the "Application Page" which is also a live link. Which did you click on? Thanks so much
Old Feb 21, 2013, 2:50 pm

Are people getting 80K or 60K out of the link in post # 1 now. Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:10 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, US; IHG Plat, SPG, HH Gold
Used the link on post #1 for mum's application last week, was told 80k bonus points after 1k spend upon activation.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:20 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I had applied using the link in post #1 in Dec. My 80k points just posted after $1000 min spend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.