Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Old Jun 5, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
I totally agree! I rarely use the card, but gladly pay the annual fee for the free night each year.
I wasn't aware of a free night with the card? ! maybe i missed it ...do i get that after annual fee? or do you get it once you also sign up for the card...

thanks
Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by jordandawg05
I wasn't aware of a free night with the card? ! maybe i missed it ...do i get that after annual fee? or do you get it once you also sign up for the card...

thanks
Not when you first sign up - on your anniversary date.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by nlkm9
ok, we just applied for hubby and he got the 60 K offer. Hmmm....
The redirect link (2nd link) on the first post is not working now. Maybe the 80k offer is no longer valid.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:35 am
Suspended

Just got my card. Called to activate, rep confirmed 80k offer.

Question: do IHG points never expire, regardless of whether or not you hold a Priority Club card? Phrased differently, is IHG to Delta of hotels w/ regard to point retention?

Confused on the wording, because I've had a few people tell me IHG points never expire so long as you have the Visa...

and I've read other places that IGH points never expire, period, credit card or no credit card.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Just got my card. Called to activate, rep confirmed 80k offer.

Question: do IHG points never expire, regardless of whether or not you hold a Priority Club card? Phrased differently, is IHG to Delta of hotels w/ regard to point retention?

Confused on the wording, because I've had a few people tell me IHG points never expire so long as you have the Visa...

and I've read other places that IGH points never expire, period, credit card or no credit card.
Points don't expire - but status does (if you don't have the CC card) unless you maintain a certain level
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bj2757
Points don't expire - but status does (if you don't have the CC card) unless you maintain a certain level
Great, thanks. Are DL for airlines and IGH for hotels the only two co's with points that never expire?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by pricesquire
Great, thanks. Are DL for airlines and IGH for hotels the only two co's with points that never expire?
Marriott points do not expire.

ADD: My sister has an acct with a small amt of points that has not been touched for at least 6-7 years, and it is still active. T&C's may say subject to closure, to cover their butts if they decide to close accts in the future, but as for now they do not, in my experience.

Last edited by Chuckles; Jun 6, 2013 at 7:37 pm
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by Chuckles
Marriott points do not expire.
Actually, that's not really right. (Accounts are subject to closure, and points forfeitable, after 24 months of inactivity.) But this thread really isn't the right place to discuss programs besides IHG.

[Mods, please consider relocating this OT discussion.]
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:45 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
churn this card?

Any definite answers? How long before Chase will give you the signing bonus?

Never?
3 years?
4 years?
5 years?

Will the answer be different if you got a different PC number?

Any idea if the rebranding will mean a brand new credit card "product"?

Step up and tell us your experience!

Full Disclosure: I tried to get the 100k BA Visa signing bonus. I even got a new BA number. Chase gave me the card with my old BA number (!!!!) and told me no 2nd signing bonus for you. These guys are no Barclays
Old Jun 7, 2013, 6:47 pm

Bonus confirmed but not posted after meeting spending

Just wondering if anyone had this experience. I applied for the card using the first link. Received card on 5/9 and confirmed the 80K bonus during activation. Met the $1000 spending by statement date 5/20. I got the points for my spending but not the 80K bonus points. Called and was told that it may take 6-8 weeks, but did confirm the 80K sign-up bonus. From reading here, seems like it should post next day from statement date. Did this happen to anyone?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltraveller
Just wondering if anyone had this experience. I applied for the card using the first link. Received card on 5/9 and confirmed the 80K bonus during activation. Met the $1000 spending by statement date 5/20. I got the points for my spending but not the 80K bonus points. Called and was told that it may take 6-8 weeks, but did confirm the 80K sign-up bonus. From reading here, seems like it should post next day from statement date. Did this happen to anyone?
It could be that you met the spending date too close to the date the statement closed. That frequently happens with UR cards where charges the final few days don't get you points. So it should show up on your next statement.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 3:13 pm

Also, keep in mind that the points need to POST to your statement and be reflected in it in order to qualify in time. So just making charges by the close date doesn't necessarily mean you met the requirements.

In my case, my first statement actually closed about a week after I got the card, and I only managed to put about $800 on it. I thought I would have had more time. By the next close date, I had over $1000 (cummulatively) and received the bonus points (plus my normal point earnings) the next day.
Old Jun 9, 2013, 12:51 am

So is this dead? The first link still works, although it has no mention of the offer details at all...
Old Jun 10, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by magic168
So is this dead? The first link still works, although it has no mention of the offer details at all...
The link should work. Applied 2 weeks ago and received card last Sat. call up Chase CSR to activate card and match the bonus of 80K after 1K spend w/in 3 months.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:26 am

Programs: US, AA, UA, LH, VX
80k points, no fee 1st yr, Priority Club Select Visa

I applied a week ago (June 4) and was instantly approved. Received the card today and confirmed with rep for the 80k points for 1k spend.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.