Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 1:57 pm

Another data point.

Applied on 1/13 with instant approval.

Rec'd an email today saying

Receive 80,000 bonus points. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Chase may close your credit card account or suspend your right to use your credit card account, at any time for any reason, including account inactivity.

Originally Posted by DL0620
To reiterate what others have said, the T&C I received via email on Jan 11, 2013 stated:

"Receive 80,000 bonus points. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Chase may close your credit card account or suspend your right to use your credit card account, at any time for any reason, including account inactivity."

*Boldface font added
Old Jan 22, 2013, 2:54 pm

The wife applied 2 weeks ago, got the card last week. She called the CSR and verified 80,000 after $1k spend.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
I think the thread title needs to be changed because I got my latest IHG card and confirmed the same. Still a great card to get 80K pts on 1K spend and free annual night @ 49. Of course the devaluation is painful but...
Originally Posted by twopennies
The wife applied 2 weeks ago, got the card last week. She called the CSR and verified 80,000 after $1k spend.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:06 am

I just booked three nights with ihg points. 75K points for a room that would have cost$690
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:11 am

Hi all.
Does anyone could tell me that if I apply PC card through this 80K link, can I get platinum club status? When? I find out that the old card is gold status instead of platinum. I think if I use this card to pay my auto insurance, $1K isn't a big problem. thank you.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:27 am

Yes you get platinum after the first statement. If you need it sooner, might want to try Secure Message or call to rep.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:27 am

spouse applied yesterday, further review.

called recon today, they confirmed some numbers did some adjusting and approved. spouses first CC^---other than AU.
(darned 'ole student loans )-- no deliquents, just that silly balance.

did not ask for bonus confirmation after having 15 minutes of drilling. think we will just wait for the card to arrive.

Great CSR , btwn. !! Chase is our favorite.

Last edited by shoreline; Jan 28, 2013 at 12:48 pm
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Yes you get platinum after the first statement. If you need it sooner, might want to try Secure Message or call to rep.
So does the platinum elite status show up within a day or so of the statement closing?

EDIT: Both platinum elite and the bonus points show up the day after my account statement closed.

Last edited by terpfan101; Jan 30, 2013 at 2:26 pm
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
I applied (and was approved) using the first link. Activated it automatically and did not hear about 80k bonus, and it was not emailed to me. Completed 1k spend today, should I reach out with a SM already or just assume it will post in the month after this stmt closes?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:37 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by ycrimi
I applied (and was approved) using the first link. Activated it automatically and did not hear about 80k bonus, and it was not emailed to me. Completed 1k spend today, should I reach out with a SM already or just assume it will post in the month after this stmt closes?
80K points should post a day or two after your next statement. If it doesn't, then you should contact them.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Sounds good. I try to minimize my contact with the golden goose unless its urgent
Old Jan 30, 2013, 2:24 pm

Latest data point. Applied on 01/28. Used the link on the first post and got one week review.

Called the re-consideration line and verified with the CSR 80k points after $1k spend in 90 days.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 12:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Platinum Status

I got the card early Jan with the 80k 1k spend confirmed by CSR. I have not met the 1k spend yet and it's been a week since the statement closed.

My status is still showing as Club. Do I need to meet the 1k spend to reach Platinum?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by blackmamba
He probably got a new version of the card. They give you points if you get a new version of the same credit card. For example, if you got the old United Card, you could still get the bonus miles for the new United Card.
So if I got the old 60K version and closed the account over a year ago, is it possible to get the card again for the 80k sign up bonus?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:41 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by alohastephen
So if I got the old 60K version and closed the account over a year ago, is it possible to get the card again for the 80k sign up bonus?
I have the Chase PC churn status noted as "Maybe, 1 yr aft. Cancel"

I would add it to the next AOR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.