Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
didnt know that was possible. what happened
A person can choose to freeze their own bureau(s) to guard against fraud, amongst other reasons.
So bummed, trying to book a hotel in Barcelona for next summer and there are no rooms available for points.
Edit: changed the number of people in the room and availability appeared

Last edited by TTnC4me; Dec 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:21 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, HA, CC, IHC, HH, SPG, PC, TY, AARP, Partridge in a pear tree...
Okay, applied... got the card... made first purchase

Now will someone tell me their best guess at the magic words I need to use when calling into Customer Service... that will most likely get me the 80k?

Oddly, and only because I couldn't re-apply for their card so soon again, my first charge on this IHC card is for an extra night at a Hilton... in Istanbul no less.

Love that no-foreign-transaction-fee deal!

Thanks in advance,

– Cheapie Mac Cheapster
Old Dec 30, 2012, 7:47 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cheapster
Now will someone tell me their best guess at the magic words I need to use when calling into Customer Service... that will most likely get me the 80k?
Better to send a secure message. Search in this thread for "secure message".

Probably all you need to say is that a friend recently applied and received 80k, and you were hoping they could also offer that to you.

(Do you KNOW you didn't get 80k? If you used the link here you probably did.)

Last edited by MDtR-Chicago; Dec 30, 2012 at 7:52 pm
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, US, HA, CC, IHC, HH, SPG, PC, TY, AARP, Partridge in a pear tree...
Hmm...

I thought I'd read (somewhere in the long spool of this thread) that it was better to call.

I certainly did use the link here and can easily claim a friend's advice (if that benefits anyone else... first reply will be "the" friend - but I don't think it does).

While I have the microphone, I'll also see if I can get a confirmation that the best use of these points is for actual room nights... but the second best use would be...?

Thank for all!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 10:55 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Cheapster
I certainly did use the link here and can easily claim a friend's advice (if that benefits anyone else... first reply will be "the" friend - but I don't think it does).
If you used the link here, why do you think you aren't getting 80k?

While I have the microphone, I'll also see if I can get a confirmation that the best use of these points is for actual room nights... but the second best use would be...?
Anything else is much, much worse. In the neighborhood of $200 in gift cards or 16k airline miles.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:57 am

1. Why? Just a pessimistic nature I guess. Too many deals have proven to have a comma that I've missed and turned out to be pointless. I'm working on it.

2. Got it. Room nights it is - and gratefully so.

Thanks for setting me straight.

- Cheapie
Old Dec 31, 2012, 8:48 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Approved on 12/22 and still no card!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:31 am

Wife got card yesterday. CSR confirmed 80k points after first purchase. So no spend requirement for her. The no spend makes this card a no-brainer.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Approved on 12/22 and still no card!
DW's approval was on 12/20. Received card 12/29 (Saturday), so it takes a bit if you don't ask for expedited mail. First purchase = 80k offer like everyone in the thread.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:46 am

I would love to get this CC for this offer, but I don't think another Chase card is what I need. I only have a few, but they are all Chase cards, except 1 (my oldest one).
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: Who cares... status is a Red Herring.
Originally Posted by shoreline
I would love to get this CC for this offer, but I don't think another Chase card is what I need. I only have a few, but they are all Chase cards, except 1 (my oldest one).
I have 7 Chase cards... but I also have old accounts with Citi and Amex. But I won't stop at 7.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by travelisfree
I have 7 Chase cards... but I also have old accounts with Citi and Amex. But I won't stop at 7.

Holy bejeezel. you sound to be One Brave Soul.^

I have a few cards only, and never done an app o rama yet. just considering diverisifying with a few cards with a 'New Beginning'.^
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Question

I applied for this CR in july/august of 2012 and closed it about a week ago, can I apply again to get the 80K bonus?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by HansDKNY
I applied for this CR in july/august of 2012 and closed it about a week ago, can I apply again to get the 80K bonus?
Doesnt work. Chase bonuses are usually once per lifetime
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:21 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Originally Posted by Achilles
Doesnt work. Chase bonuses are usually once per lifetime
I have applied to the Amtrak CR 2x, United and Continental cards more than 3x and have received the bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.