Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup - might make sense to update the original post with the $1000 minimum spend. Chase told me that also. Not a huge number, but important to know since there's no landing page.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, BA, UA, HH Dia, CC Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by phantasmX
I got 80,000 points deposited in less than one month. I didn't even spend anywhere near $1000.
Your points posted before your statement closed?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by TTnC4me
Your points posted before your statement closed?
maybe it's because no min. spend required and bonus is awarded after the first purchase as stated in this thread.

I do not have this card, but have read this thread.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 8:57 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Finally got the card. Papers indicate first purchase BUT email clearly states $1,000 spend requirement! Hmm...interesting! I guess I 'll knock off the $1k shortly and we shall see what happens...
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Applied and received a pending decision. I called in immediately and was told nothing could be done as it was in processing. I proceeded to call a few more times the same day all getting the same response, as well as "sir you've already called several times today".

I guess they note the number of calls now? Anyone get an email whether being pending/denied/approved?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
80,004 points posted today after a $2 charge at a grocery store. Also got Platinum status, though not sure if via points or credit card.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
First post updated to show new $1000 spend requirement. This also shows on PC website: www.priorityclub.com

Last edited by philemer; Jan 5, 2013 at 9:14 pm
Old Jan 6, 2013, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
Finally got the card. Papers indicate first purchase BUT email clearly states $1,000 spend requirement! Hmm...interesting! I guess I 'll knock off the $1k shortly and we shall see what happens...
Man. Still waiting on mine. Two weeks now.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by amolkold
80,004 points posted today after a $2 charge at a grocery store. Also got Platinum status, though not sure if via points or credit card.
Awesome! Glad that you got in before the minimum spend requirement was attached to it.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 11:35 am

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by frudd38
Applied and received a pending decision. I called in immediately and was told nothing could be done as it was in processing. I proceeded to call a few more times the same day all getting the same response, as well as "sir you've already called several times today".

I guess they note the number of calls now? Anyone get an email whether being pending/denied/approved?
I got an email regarding your application and it is pending so you could be denied or approved while it is processing. Hope this helps.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38

lol
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:27 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
Does anyone know when the $1k min spend took effect?

amol: When did you apply for yours?

I think I can hold off for a few days & see if they post after wife used it a few times already. If not, she will have to stop at that friendly drug store down the street
Old Jan 6, 2013, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gpapadop
Does anyone know when the $1k min spend took effect?

amol: When did you apply for yours?

I think I can hold off for a few days & see if they post after wife used it a few times already. If not, she will have to stop at that friendly drug store down the street
I applied on November 19 (approved instantly), and didn't get the card for a while. When I made my purchase, it missed the December statement cut off by just a couple of hours, so I had to wait for the January statement.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 3:51 pm

Thanks Amol!

Anyone who applied the later part of December? Did you get the 80k after first purchase or had to do $1k?
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:50 pm

DW applied 12/19. Approved on 12/20. Received the card last week and confirmed 1st Purchase = 80k points during activation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.