Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:53 am

Originally Posted by HmmDonuts
See this thread about the devaluation:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ry-2012-a.html

It's not massive, but annoying still.

I think I'll keep the card, even if only to buy a cup of coffee every once in a while. The annual free night cert. makes the $49 annual fee worth it IMO.
I look at it as the free night voids out the cost of the card. Then the foreign transaction fee....makes the card a win. The potential upgrades/status are also nice because I get to feel important at IHG properties now.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
Time for points to post

Originally Posted by lowspeed
How long does it take to post from the time of approval?
I applied/was approved on 26-Oct-11 and the points posted on 9-Dec-11.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:10 pm

Hi, I have a chase PC card since 2002, when I signed on that card, I did not get any kind of bonus points or free night stuff. No fee either. Right now, I am interested in upgrade to this card and get 80k points ... etc. But since I still have the card, I don't know if they will give bonus to me. What number I should call to talk to chase about this new offer? I tried the # on my current cc but they are not helping at all.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by exyeh
Hi, I have a chase PC card since 2002, when I signed on that card, I did not get any kind of bonus points or free night stuff. No fee either. Right now, I am interested in upgrade to this card and get 80k points ... etc. But since I still have the card, I don't know if they will give bonus to me. What number I should call to talk to chase about this new offer? I tried the # on my current cc but they are not helping at all.
Dont bother to call.

You would need to apply a new card to get the bonus.

Chase would give it to you because : 1) this is a new version of the PC card, 2) you have not gotten any before.

However I dont think you even need to ask for it - just apply the card and if you are approved, make a purchase, the bonus should post after your 1st statement date if the purchase is made early in the statement cycle.

However the only way to get the bonus is to apply for a new card through the link of 80K. The 60K link is a public one if you could not find the 80K link.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:27 pm

Happy, thank you so much for the help!
Old Jan 8, 2012, 10:34 pm

Do you get a free night after signing up, or do you have to wait an entire year before getting a free night?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 1:03 am

Programs: MR, SPG, IHG, HH, CC, AA, UA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by salvag
Do you get a free night after signing up, or do you have to wait an entire year before getting a free night?
You need to wait a full year to get the free night cert.
You can however use the bonus points, once they post after your first statement, and redeem for free nights.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Gold,WN CP, UAL Premier,HH Diamond, ChoicePriv Dmnd
Originally Posted by salvag
I just hit 1 year on the PC Visa, pretty sure I got it before the current 80K offer. Called to cancel because the annual fee was due and they ended up waiving it. He said I would still get the free night. Haven't seen any sign of it on my PC account or in the mail yet.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:21 am

Programs: Lotz
Used link in the OP and my 80K points posted today.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stlgriff
I just hit 1 year on the PC Visa, pretty sure I got it before the current 80K offer. Called to cancel because the annual fee was due and they ended up waiving it. He said I would still get the free night. Haven't seen any sign of it on my PC account or in the mail yet.
There is a discussion thread in the PC forum on the free night subject. It may be to your benefit to spend some time reading the data points there.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 2:59 pm

My wife got targetted today for the 80K PC card but she just got the 70K Marriott card a 2 weeks ago. The offer is good until 2/20 but that may be too quick for another Chase app. I need to have a high degree of certainty for her to get approved since she will not call the reconsideration line.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Gold,WN CP, UAL Premier,HH Diamond, ChoicePriv Dmnd
Originally Posted by Happy
There is a discussion thread in the PC forum on the free night subject. It may be to your benefit to spend some time reading the data points there.

Thanks. Just found it and got what I needed.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by mileshound
My wife got targetted today for the 80K PC card but she just got the 70K Marriott card a 2 weeks ago. The offer is good until 2/20 but that may be too quick for another Chase app. I need to have a high degree of certainty for her to get approved since she will not call the reconsideration line.
Your best bet is probably to wait until 2/19 or 2/20. Just don't apply until more than 30 days after the Marriott application. Chase once approved me for two cards about 5-6 weeks apart (my very first Chase applications), and I have heard of others getting them closer. But I wouldn't push it.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:25 pm

Just got the 80k bonus points and now have plat status through 2013. Too bad I won't be able to use them before the devaluation takes effect.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:22 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by onthego15
Your best bet is probably to wait until 2/19 or 2/20. Just don't apply until more than 30 days after the Marriott application. Chase once approved me for two cards about 5-6 weeks apart (my very first Chase applications), and I have heard of others getting them closer. But I wouldn't push it.
so whats the most time we need to wait before applying for another chase card in which we don't get the reconsideration letter..i personally rather not get the letter and deal with that at all..i rather just wait it out...anyone got a good number?i've heard 30 days and i've heard 91 days...some say 6 months

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.