Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by canesfan
Yes the card give you 5 points per $. So staying for 15 nights at IC can very easily get you 20K points or more depending on how much room rate is. The annual free night is easily with keeping it. I'm using my free night for NYC in June and saving over $350.
FYI,

We’re changing how you earn at InterContinental. Starting on February 15, 2012, you will earn 10 Priority Club points or for every US$1 you spend at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by vulgarboatman
FYI,

We’re changing how you earn at InterContinental. Starting on February 15, 2012, you will earn 10 Priority Club points or for every US$1 you spend at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts property in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean.
oh...i spent a night on 14th..i guess i would receive only 5 points...
Old Feb 19, 2012, 12:15 pm

Can points from two accounts be combined when making a reservation, a la Marriott Rewards? My girlfriend and I both have 80k (so 160k total) points from this card, but need 175k for 7 nights we're planning at a 25k HI in Paris. I'm wondering if I can just top-up ONE of our accounts with 15k points transferred from Amex MR (175-160=15) or if I'll need to transfer a full 25k to one of our accounts, and then we'll have some leftover points.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA, JetBlue, Hilton, Marriott
You can't combine accounts and the transfer page seems to be down. You could buy the 15K points. But at the current rate, it's going to set you back $187.50. Unless you have some Amex Membership Rewards points you can transfer, it's a tad cheaper to chose the points + cash option two of the nights you are there.

If you haven't already done this, start your search here: http://www.priorityclub.com/hotels/us/en/reservation

Select a stay for two of the seven nights. Choose the "Reward Nights" Rate Preference. On the results page, you will choose 15,000 Points + $60.00 option. Book two more nights with the remaining 50,000 points in your account. Your girlfriend books the remaining three nights with 75K of the 80K in her account. Voilà. Your seven nights in Paris will cost you $120. Follow up with Priority Club to merge the reservations.
Old Feb 21, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: PC Plat RA, SPG Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by kuniawrx
i also applied using the link on the first post, got instant approval last week, got the card today, and confirmed on the phone that it's 80k bonus after first use.
I got the "requires further processing/review".

what's the number to call and ask about this?
regular Chase number? (in the US)
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:31 pm

Programs: Lotz
Platinum Status for 5 Days

I timed my application so that the first closing date would be January 7 so my Platinum status would go for at least a year. However, today I got a letter saying I didn't qualify for any elite status for this year, evidently they went from application date December 26.

I've messaged PC.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by tassojunior
I timed my application so that the first closing date would be January 7 so my Platinum status would go for at least a year. However, today I got a letter saying I didn't qualify for any elite status for this year, evidently they went from application date December 26.

I've messaged PC.
When did you receive the 80000 bonus points? I guess the bonus posting date would determine the qualification year, right?
Old Mar 6, 2012, 6:28 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Thumbs up

I've had the PC Visa for a year. The $49 annual fee is certainly worth it, considering the free anniversary night. However, that did not stop me from calling to see what they would offer to keep me from cancelling. I got 5,000 points for a 5 minute phone call. Thank you, FlyerTalk. I'm waiting for another Crack-the-Case type promo to get my wife a card.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I've had the PC Visa for a year. The $49 annual fee is certainly worth it, considering the free anniversary night. However, that did not stop me from calling to see what they would offer to keep me from cancelling. I got 5,000 points for a 5 minute phone call. Thank you, FlyerTalk. I'm waiting for another Crack-the-Case type promo to get my wife a card.
Did you tell them you were going to cancel the card?
Old Mar 7, 2012, 10:42 pm

My gf applied for the card via the op's link for 80K on 2/28. Today she called to activate the card and they only told her it was 60K. They then probed her how she got the application or link and asked for a code to get 80K. She wasn't even a PC member, so maybe that had something to do with it? Just a heads up for people who are trying to apply today.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 4:38 pm

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by JCary
Did you tell them you were going to cancel the card?
Yes, I did tell them I was "probably" going to cancel the card & the rep offered me the retention bonus. Today I got a letter from Chase retracting the offer. They said, in effect, that they can't give 5,000 points to every Tom, Dick & Harry that asks. Well, I didn't ask. They offered.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 7:40 am

Yes, I did tell them I was "probably" going to cancel the card & the rep offered me the retention bonus. Today I got a letter from Chase retracting the offer. They said, in effect, that they can't give 5,000 points to every Tom, Dick & Harry that asks. Well, I didn't ask. They offered.
RX did you get the free night after the $49 fee was billed to your card? I am wondering if you can get the free night before the annual fee is due? some cards have a 60 day window after is billed.

Sorry to hear about the 5K being retracted. I always call and ask to speak the retention center. Maybe they did not like the tone of your conversation. What I say is that there are many better offers being sent to me and that I am consolidating my credit. Then I ask for any promotion offers for continuing to use the card. Possible the rep you talked to was having a bad hair day??!!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVPG; WN A-List; Marriott Plat; IHG Plat; HH Diamond; all the rest
+1

My wife and I each have the card = 2 nights at the Intercontinental Times Square in April. Using points for the first part of our week in Manhattan, at the Staybridge in Midtown.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The offer may have gone thru some sort of review and it is determined that since you get a free night at anniversary, that is more than offset the $49 annual fee, hence Chase retracted the offer. Personally I do not want to push envelope too far with Chase as it can become notated in your account - you really want to stay at the good side of Chase if you want the possible goodies coming from the pipeline in the future.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:53 pm

This is still active and working fine. Applied with link last week. Got the pending approval message. When I called Chase I forgot that I had an open BA card from the 100,000 mile deal last year. On the same day I applied for this card, I also applied for the 60k United explorer card which was approved instantly. When I called about this one, they offered to cancel my BA card and then give me this one with 14k limit. I also found out that I was approved for the United explorer card at 20k.

Anyways, both cards came in the mail today. When calling to confirm the awards, they confirmed the 80k bonus.... On the United one they said it was only for 50k, but were putting in a ticket for me to get the extra 10k. The link I used for that one was directly off of my United log in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.