Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa
Originally Posted by scwam
Someone mentioned they saw the 80k but was already at platinum status. Were you at platinum at the time of watching the video? I think it is getting information from the PC, and if so exactly what? Personally, I doubt it matters as all 80k data is embeded for the 80k offer code once you click on the link given here. I think once that's submitted with the app there is no further validation on Chase's part. I know that I tried 3 codes and cleared my cache/cookies/reset modem each time and had a different source code and not the "H57" & "57" (OVERRIDE_CELL & SUB_PARTNER_ID) that the 80k gives. I never once saw the 80k on 'my' entry or ending splash screens (only 60k).
Yes, I have platinum. I think they are choosing to show the 80k link to a subset of the accounts and changing codes isn't going to help you.

Originally Posted by nanirina
as long as you use the link in the OP which is redirected from "inhotel80", i don't think you will have a problem. Why bother to try all these codes to see if you can get the 80k offer yourself?
I think the point was that you could be absolutely sure that you would get 80k since you were shown the link.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:43 am

dup post

Last edited by scwam; Dec 2, 2011 at 9:45 am Reason: please delete
Old Dec 2, 2011, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by sun_aa
Yes, I have platinum. I think they are choosing to show the 80k link to a subset of the accounts and changing codes isn't going to help you.
I agree. I wouldn't know how to change the codes anyway, too technical and no need to since refering link already apends that data.

I think the point was that you could be absolutely sure that you would get 80k since you were shown the link.
So it seems that we all agree that simply using the referring link alone it is highly likely that we can get the 80k offer. I feel pretty confident of this, any reason not to?
Old Dec 2, 2011, 12:20 pm

anybody got an unused code to watch the video they do not need? i could use one - pm me please.
also something a little strange - i tryed some of the codes, put my number in and it offered me 80k ap (i already signed up for the 60k so i'm hoping for a bump) then i used my wife's # under the same code and it only offered her the 60k ap. i tryed hers first on some of the codes and then put mine in, same thing - she only gets the 60k ap while i get the 80k ap.
i'm waiting to apply for her card if i can get her a 80k ap. and i didn't get the 1000 pts. for watching the video.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by scwam
So it seems that we all agree that simply using the referring link alone it is highly likely that we can get the 80k offer. I feel pretty confident of this, any reason not to?
Worked like a charm for me, so I don't see why not. That said, considering this non-public offer seems to have become "public," Chase may yank this sooner rather than letter, so you should probably get it while the getting's good.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:04 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
confirmation emails

I applied using the link in post 1.

Just as it worked for Kdoughboy, I got confirmation emails for my husband's account and my own confirming that we'll get 80K upon first use.

If you're interested, I'd jump on this

Anita
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:26 pm

Good deal, too bad everyone has to partner with Chase.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:55 am

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by akp
I applied using the link in post 1.

Just as it worked for Kdoughboy, I got confirmation emails for my husband's account and my own confirming that we'll get 80K upon first use.

If you're interested, I'd jump on this

Anita
Thx. The card appeared on my CHASE account but no email yet. Did your email arrive after the cards appeared in Chase online account?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
as long as you use the link in the OP which is redirected from "inhotel80", i don't think you will have a problem. Why bother to try all these codes to see if you can get the 80k offer yourself?
The link in the OP appears to be working well for folks applying for the card for the first time and seeking the 80K bonus. The purpose of using the codes is for those of us who recently applied under the 60K bonus, already have the card, and are seeking a screenshot of an actual invitation to the 80K offer, with our name and account number on it, so we can more convincingly request a bump of 20K miles because of that offer.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 8:46 am

Thx. The card appeared on my CHASE account but no email yet. Did your email arrive after the cards appeared in Chase online account?
Did this way on my Marriott card.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
The link in the OP appears to be working well for folks applying for the card for the first time and seeking the 80K bonus. The purpose of using the codes is for those of us who recently applied under the 60K bonus, already have the card, and are seeking a screenshot of an actual invitation to the 80K offer, with our name and account number on it, so we can more convincingly request a bump of 20K miles because of that offer.
The marketing dept would be willing to bump the bonus if you give them the link. The best way to get to them seems to be via SM.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
The marketing dept would be willing to bump the bonus if you give them the link. The best way to get to them seems to be via SM.
I've already done that and am awaiting reply; the personalized screenshot is my backup, and probably a preferable route to seeking a bump. Also, there has been some suggestion that providing the link in a bump request might result in killing the link... (see posts # 80, 85 & 86) --hopefully not! The screen shot to the video 80K personalized invitation might be a better way to request a bump.

Last edited by BarbiJKM; Dec 3, 2011 at 10:05 am
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:02 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
yes!

The cards appeared in our Chase online accounts yesterday morning, and I got the emails last night around 6 pm.

I hope the cards come quickly as we're hosting a party for 20 soon at the local Intercontinental...would love to put that tab on my new card at 5pts per $!

Anita
Old Dec 3, 2011, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BarbiJKM
I've already done that and am awaiting reply; the personalized screenshot is my backup, and probably a preferable route to seeking a bump. Also, there has been some suggestion that providing the link in a bump request might result in killing the link... (see posts # 80, 85 & 86) --hopefully not! The screen shot to the video 80K personalized invitation might be a better way to request a bump.
Trying to get a screenshot of the 80k offer with your name on it is again hoping that PC/Chase has targeted you. What is someone supposed to do if he is shown the 60k offer from the video?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 6:43 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
Is this better than 70k Marriott card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.