Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Just closed my account. I'm going to reapply for the MC in April and will let you guys know how it turns out.
Followup - Just applied and got approved for the MC with a $17k limit. Was told the 80k point bonus was included.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 3:41 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld
Followup - Just applied and got approved for the MC with a $17k limit. Was told the 80k point bonus was included.
Great news.. so you had to call recon since you say you were told the 80k bonus was included?
Old Apr 1, 2014, 6:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by duranza
Great news.. so you had to call recon since you say you were told the 80k bonus was included?
No, I got flagged under some Patriot Act ........ I think. I really have to figure out what's going on with that.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 10:01 pm

possibly 80k still alive

If you copy-and-paste the "new" 60k application URL from the post referenced in the wiki for the 80k, there are a few character deviations although they almost look identical.

In past experience (thinking Sapphire cards last year) using the old URLs with Chase would get you the bonus. So, I would bet heavily anyone using the direct URL still could get the 80k. Worst case, you'll get the 60k and can beg, but it's not like you'll get nothing.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA, DL, WN, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott, Hyatt
Just applied a few minutes ago and was approved using the wiki link.

Called Chase to confirm bonus and rep confirmed 80k points after $1000 spend.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 7:50 pm

taking forever for my 80k points to show up, I really need to book my rooms soon for my june trip
Old Apr 2, 2014, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Travel22
Just applied a few minutes ago and was approved using the wiki link.

Called Chase to confirm bonus and rep confirmed 80k points after $1000 spend.
Folks, we already have plenty of reports re what CSRs tell people after approval. IMO, we don't need any more.

What we do need are reports of posted 80K MC bonuses.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Folks, we already have plenty of reports re what CSRs tell people after approval. IMO, we don't need any more.

What we do need are reports of posted 80K MC bonuses.
My 80k points posted about 7-10 days after I hit the $1000. If you look in the my reward history on the IHG card itll show up there and a few days later itll be in your account. A few days after that, my status was updated to platinum as well
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by runningmiles
My 80k points posted about 7-10 days after I hit the $1000. If you look in the my reward history on the IHG card itll show up there and a few days later itll be in your account. A few days after that, my status was updated to platinum as well
damn I got platinum 6 days ago and still no points
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:38 pm

Did you receive the 80k before from the visa version?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Your statement has not even closed when the bonus posted? If it is the case, then it is a first of Chase cards which the bonus normally does not post mid cycle but after statement close and only when the spend needed is made at least a week before statement closes.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:49 am

A Tale of Two IHG Mastercard Offers

Using the same video link and promo codes per post #1615, an "active" IHG account received the 80K offer while an "inactive" IHG account received the 60K offer. Read on for more info.

I am an IHG Visa cardholder (soon to be MasterCard) with an IHG point balance of 37K+. My wife is an 'authorized user' on my IHG Visa, with her personal IHG point balance at -0- (since we always use my account). My wife wanted to apply for the new IHG Mastercard under her name and her IHG account. She used the video link per post #1615 using her account number and she received an offer to apply for the 60K point Mastercard. Then, just to be sure, I watched the video using my account number and I received an offer to apply for the 80K point Mastercard. My wife used the link to the 80K point Mastercard application that I received under my active account and her new card was approved and should provide the 80K point bonus. Time will tell.

Interesting that an "active" IHG account received the 80K offer. But what defines an "active" account? Is the criteria for receiving the 80K point offer based on points, or activity, or only for current credit card holders?

I hope this info helps someone else to receive the 80K point MasterCard offer!
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ninroot
Did you receive the 80k before from the visa version?
Will the first few people who canceled their Priority Visas after the announcement of the impending change to IHG MC, and then applied for the MC, report if/when the bonus miles post to your IHG account. TIA
Old Apr 9, 2014, 6:02 pm

Not sure about other people, but I still haven't received any letter nor is there any notice when I logon to chase.com my card being switched over to the MasterCard.

When I secure messaged chase, I was told:

We do not have an exact date when the account will
transition from Visa to Mastercard. However, you new card
will be mailed in April 2014 or May 2014.
So those who haven't been switched over already, you may have a chance to cancel still before everyone who is remaining is migrated over so as to preserve your eligibility for the IHG MasterCard bonus.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:07 pm
Suspended

Got my card in - its the MC. Confirmed on the 80k. Will report back once points and statements post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.