Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Does this card give any referrals? My girlfriend wants to sign up for this card tonight.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC, A*A, SW RR
Originally Posted by alrvd83
Does this card give any referrals? My girlfriend wants to sign up for this card tonight.

Thanks in advance
Generally Chase cards do not
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:35 pm

You can refer her to sign up for priority club if she isn't already a member.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
ok thanks to you both for the info. Is there a link so i can refer her for a PC membership?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:12 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Good to know.. I'll stop spending on the card until the statement. IF no min spend is needed then I'd rather earn points elsewhere.

Originally Posted by ferrari_fan
Dec 19 approval, 1st purchase = 80k posted for DW.

Old Jan 18, 2013, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
The link is working! My husband had tried twice last week and Chase said their system was down and today he got instant approval, plus it showed up in his Chase online account already.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:13 pm

First statement closed. Got points for $790 in spending. No sign of the 80k yet. Status hasn't been upgraded to Platinum either.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by Campath
First statement closed. Got points for $790 in spending. No sign of the 80k yet. Status hasn't been upgraded to Platinum either.
My fathers 1st statement should be posting tomorrow. I was under the impression that it was 80k pts after $1000 spend in 3 month, but who knows.

I would have hoped the Platinum status would post automatically, since having the card gets you that regardless It hasn't posted on my fathers account either...
Old Jan 18, 2013, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hope readers of this thread know about the major devaluation that is announced Jan 18th.

The details is in IHG forum.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 12:35 am

Originally Posted by Happy
I hope readers of this thread know about the major devaluation that is announced Jan 18th.
Yes, the recent devaluation sucks. Despite that, the card is still a good value for the annual free night certificate and no foreign exchange fees. Just booked a free night at the Intercontinental ANA Tokyo, a $300 value.

Use the points for Pointbreaks, if and when available.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
The devaluation blows, my favorite ICs went from 40k -> 50k and local HIX went from 25k -> 30k which is absurd for a motel. However I suppose this makes the annual free night cert more valuable.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Nope no minimum spending on this one.

Originally Posted by alrvd83
My fathers 1st statement should be posting tomorrow. I was under the impression that it was 80k pts after $1000 spend in 3 month, but who knows.

I would have hoped the Platinum status would post automatically, since having the card gets you that regardless It hasn't posted on my fathers account either...
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:03 pm

I had this happen on one card. Called in and they assured me that it would show up - I was cynical and wasn't expecting it. But the next month when the statement closed the 80K points were right there.

On another account (a family member) the points showed up right on the 1st statement.
Originally Posted by Campath
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat
To reiterate what others have said, the T&C I received via email on Jan 11, 2013 stated:

"Receive 80,000 bonus points. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Chase may close your credit card account or suspend your right to use your credit card account, at any time for any reason, including account inactivity."

*Boldface font added
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:48 pm

Very interesting. Did you use the link in this thread or did you go through another link?
Originally Posted by DL0620
To reiterate what others have said, the T&C I received via email on Jan 11, 2013 stated:

"Receive 80,000 bonus points. To qualify and receive your bonus, you must make purchases totaling $1,000 or more during the first 3 months from account opening. Purchases do not include using your account for balance transfers or cash advances, or using any checks that access your account. After qualifying, please allow 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your account. To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment. Chase may close your credit card account or suspend your right to use your credit card account, at any time for any reason, including account inactivity."

*Boldface font added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.