Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:35 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Achilles
Doesnt work. Chase bonuses are usually once per lifetime
This one does. I got this card twice.

Same with BA chase card.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
This one does. I got this card twice.

Same with BA chase card.
That's interesting. Can you confirm if you got the same version of the card with 80k bonus the second time? Or were there any differences in how the card was called (eg. Chase Southwest premier vs. plus)
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
That's interesting. Can you confirm if you got the same version of the card with 80k bonus the second time? Or were there any differences in how the card was called (eg. Chase Southwest premier vs. plus)
He probably got a new version of the card. They give you points if you get a new version of the same credit card. For example, if you got the old United Card, you could still get the bonus miles for the new United Card.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: Too many to list
Both priority Club cards. I wasn't aware of different kinds of priority club cards. Same black card and pretty sure I used same application link in op.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 8:27 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
My father signed up for this card and was approved 2 weeks ago. He has been spending on the card to reach the $1k spend within 3 months.

My question: When will the Platinum status reflect on his priority club account? As of now it still says club.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:33 pm

I got 80,000 points deposited in less than one month. I didn't even spend anywhere near $1000.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by alrvd83
My father signed up for this card and was approved 2 weeks ago. He has been spending on the card to reach the $1k spend within 3 months.

My question: When will the Platinum status reflect on his priority club account? As of now it still says club.
There is no minimum spend for this card. The first statement after first use should deposit 80k points to the priority club account. At that time if the status doesnt change to platinum call chase and/or priority club. If you're in a hurry to get platinum status now (since eligibility is just holding the card) you can call them now.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
There is no minimum spend for this card. The first statement after first use should deposit 80k points to the priority club account. At that time if the status doesnt change to platinum call chase and/or priority club. If you're in a hurry to get platinum status now (since eligibility is just holding the card) you can call them now.
Ok great. I thought It was a min spend...I stand corrected!
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:15 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
I have a feeling..although the reps told me that its 1k spending within 3 months..that its probably just after first purchased...i did about 700$ in spending and got the points after my statement closed..
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:52 pm

Hi, first timer here.

I am about to get started in this world of free points. Is this a good card to start with? Any reason NOT to start with this card? Anything I should know before jumping in on this specific deal?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:27 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by mattywatty
Hi, first timer here.

I am about to get started in this world of free points. Is this a good card to start with? Any reason NOT to start with this card? Anything I should know before jumping in on this specific deal?
1. Yes.
2. No
3. $49 annual fee but will offset because of a free night per year you are getting
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Hi, first timer here.

This is a good card but generally not the best.

I'd recommend you start a brand new thread in the Credit Card Programs forum about your own personal goals. You'll receive great recommendations that way. The more details the better.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:31 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Hi, first timer here.

It's not the greatest signup bonus, per se, but if you are just starting out with cards, this is card I would keep for a long time (which would help your average age of accounts). Sure there's $49 fee, but that is balanced by the free night (worth much more than $49 if you do it right).
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:16 pm

Thanks y'all ^
Old Jan 2, 2013, 9:40 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
There is no annual fee in the FIRST year. This is THE card to get started imho.
As far as keeping it...makes sense BUT you need to see what else you are keeping around with Chase. Keepers for me are at least 1 Ink card, Freedom, Amtrak (have had since the 1st year it came out & have not used it in years!) and Fairmont. Not sure I want to add another one as a keeper, I need a few at least for "trading" with the nice Reconsideration folks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.