Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:11 am

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Looks like my account is getting the 'nickle & dime' approach

Got the card in Oct, statement closed Nov 1 ... nothing has posted. I finally got PLAT upgrade today. Wish it happened before my stay last week, oh well.

Still no 80k. I am going to wait until the second statement closes. I already sent a SM and they told me 6-8 weeks.

Kinda jealous everyone is getting their points so quick. FWIW my Citi HH cards have also closed and no points have posted.

might just be dumb bad luck on my end.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by penner42
I'm already Platinum, but also just had my first statement close and normal points posted, but no bonus points. Nothing mentioned on the statement about the bonus points, either.

I applied through the link I got after watching the video at http://visa1000.priorityclub.com/. With my login/PIN there, it brought up the 80k offer so I know that's the one I applied for. (I think if you don't have status, that brings up the 60k offer. You can Google for a code to let you watch the video, but you won't get any points for it since they're one time use codes.)
What is the promo code to put in the link above? I tried DLPX that I saw in an earlier post but it didn't work. The link only shows 60,000 points.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by fishdance
BTW: I think this card is churnable. At least it worked for me to get bonus twice.
Originally Posted by goldenbear
Can you give more details? How long did you wait after getting approved for the first card before cancelling the card,

and then how long after that did you apply the 2nd time?
Id' be interested in this as well.

In a related vein, I've had a Priority Club Select Visa for several years. If I cancel it now, how long would I need to wait before reapplying and being eligible (if at all) for whatever bonus offer is available at the time? A year? Two years?

(By the way, not concerned about a credit hit as my scores are very good and I don't churn very often.)

Thanks for any help!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 4:23 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
I didn't find any phone number in this thread, what number can we call to get it expedited... regular Chase recon/CS??
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Originally Posted by Bohemiana
What is the promo code to put in the link above? I tried DLPX that I saw in an earlier post but it didn't work. The link only shows 60,000 points.
You actually don't need the promo code if you go to priorityclub.com/visa instead. It is the same website just no promo code which is irrelevant since you won't get 1K bonus for watching the video anyway. However, if you are targeted for the 80K promo you will still see it.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:25 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I was given the extra 20k by sending a private message from my account asking them to match the offer that was available.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, most hotel programs
Originally Posted by Joe1690
You actually don't need the promo code if you go to priorityclub.com/visa instead. It is the same website just no promo code which is irrelevant since you won't get 1K bonus for watching the video anyway. However, if you are targeted for the 80K promo you will still see it.
I wasn't targeted--I just used the link in FT. It wouldn't start the video without the code and the only offer on that page was for 60k. I was hoping that if I watched the video the 80k offer would be at the end of the video.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 7:49 am

I have the worst luck. First I applied only for the 60K, couldn't get that bumped up, now the cycle has closed, the points were sent over to the wrong account. Actually they were sent over missing the last digit of my account so they aren't in any account anywhere.... 7-14 business days before Chase is able to fix the problem I'm told... figures..... has anyone else had this happen? How long did it take to fix?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 2:32 pm

Applied and was pending. Called and was approved. Per the representative, the offer is 80,000 points after first purchase as detailed in the original post. Can't believe this still works. That's just over 5 free nights, or over $600 of free hotel stays where I plan to go next year (a small town where the only decent place to stay is an - expensive - Holiday Inn Express). Plus I can probably get the room upgraded by being Platinum again like I did last year (was Platinum last year but status expired). Thanks to the OP and all who posted in this thread!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 2:16 pm

Programs: Work in progress.
Originally Posted by Nack
Thanks to the OP and all who posted in this thread!
Welcome to FlyerTalk!
Old Nov 16, 2012, 3:28 pm

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter
Originally Posted by Nack
Applied and was pending. Called and was approved. Per the representative, the offer is 80,000 points after first purchase as detailed in the original post. Can't believe this still works. That's just over 5 free nights, or over $600 of free hotel stays where I plan to go next year (a small town where the only decent place to stay is an - expensive - Holiday Inn Express). Plus I can probably get the room upgraded by being Platinum again like I did last year (was Platinum last year but status expired). Thanks to the OP and all who posted in this thread!
Welcome to Flyertalk!
Don't be surprised - PC and Chase have been offering 80,000 points for two years now. Don't forget that when you use your points for your stay, you will get a 10% rebate about a month later.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 12:55 pm

Just want to follow up, my points did not come through after my closing cycle because the number was off by one. I made 2 calls and 1 message. Turns out the rep. who sent the number over to the marketing department was the one that got my situation resolved. Both the message and first rep that sent it for research said the same thing, it would not deposit until the next cycle. Makes me wonder if I should have asked the rep to ask the marketing department if they would give me the extra 20K points (since I applied through the 60K link).

Having said that I just used the 60K points for a cash/points award that saved me over a thousand dollars.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 7:47 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by chris1gill
Just want to follow up, my points did not come through after my closing cycle because the number was off by one. I made 2 calls and 1 message. Turns out the rep. who sent the number over to the marketing department was the one that got my situation resolved. Both the message and first rep that sent it for research said the same thing, it would not deposit until the next cycle. Makes me wonder if I should have asked the rep to ask the marketing department if they would give me the extra 20K points (since I applied through the 60K link).

Having said that I just used the 60K points for a cash/points award that saved me over a thousand dollars.
How do you do that?
Old Nov 17, 2012, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
How do you do that?
$70.00 USD Cash and points for prime summer Darwin and Perth nights..... The advance payment price is 335 AU/nt for the three nights in the 2 bedroom in Perth and Darwin was 270 for 1 night... On an aside and not counted in the original savings, I transferred in 10K points from Chase Saphire for 2 Jabiru nights which are 260/nt but 5K points and 70.00 USD cash.

London Mayfair would likely yield the same result I imagine....
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
How do you do that?
Ditto that. My 80K went towards 2 nights at the IC Westminster (when it was "discounted") & 1 night at the HI Paris Notre Dame. Think I bought some points at very little cost and saved about $1K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.