Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 6, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For the current version of this thread & related wiki, see

IHG Rewards MasterCard (2016).
Print Wikipost

IHG Rewards Visa/MC, currently 60K, possibly 80K, pts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer1624
Is the Visa version still available? Sounds like this is the best route to go if I want to churn?
No, it isn't. The card is now issued as a MasterCard only. It was issued some time in the past only as a Visa.
Old Apr 9, 2015, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
No, it isn't. The card is now issued as a MasterCard only. It was issued some time in the past only as a Visa.
why its MasterCard? I though Chase issue only VISA card.......
Old Apr 9, 2015, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by cubachao
why its MasterCard? I though Chase issue only VISA card.......
IHG was undoubtedly involved in the decision to switch to MasterCard, which happened just about a year ago. The IHG card was definitely an exception, as most (if not all) other Chase cards are Visa, especially the ones that aren't co-brand cards.

Last edited by MarkMColo; Apr 9, 2015 at 9:05 pm
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:37 am
RNE

Originally Posted by valuetactics
UPDATE: After the card showed up in my Chase online account, and before getting it in the mail, I sent a SM to Chase requesting the 80k bonus.

36 hours later they replied and will add the additional 10k to my bonus

Superorb, I should have tried for the $50 credit as well. I hadn't seen any reports of it being granted for a while, so I didn't even try for it.
I just got the 70k offer upped to 80k. I requested the $50 credit but didn't get it.
Didn't expect to, but it was worth a try.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
I got an email offering me 80k for $1,000 spend. First year free. Approved in seconds. Already have 2 cards and a mortgage with Chase.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:31 am

I just got approved for this card. Should be coming in the next couple days. Its already been added to my chase account online.. the statement due date shows 6/23. Does anyone know if i can move up my due date to end of may and get my 1,000 spending done before then to get my 70k in ihg points? I am needing to use the points for rooms rather quickly. Thanks!
Old May 4, 2015, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by bmms8
I just got approved for this card. Should be coming in the next couple days. Its already been added to my chase account online.. the statement due date shows 6/23. Does anyone know if i can move up my due date to end of may and get my 1,000 spending done before then to get my 70k in ihg points? I am needing to use the points for rooms rather quickly. Thanks!
You can move it up, but often times Chase will not give you points till the next month if your spend posts within a week or so of your closing date. You can change your payment due date online, and it will update this month provided it's not too close to today. You could do the 22nd and then complete spend ASAP and you should be good to go.
Old May 4, 2015, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
You can move it up, but often times Chase will not give you points till the next month if your spend posts within a week or so of your closing date. You can change your payment due date online, and it will update this month provided it's not too close to today. You could do the 22nd and then complete spend ASAP and you should be good to go.
Thank you so much for your quick response! I will look into changing the dates as you stated
Old May 4, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Apparently not.

Just got approved for another UA card, 50K + 5k + $50. The first due date is June 19. That's 7 weeks after my approval, so I wanted to move it up. Clicked on "change due date", and got 2 messages:

Please consider the following factors before changing your due date:
•Your current payment will be due on the original due date you see on your latest statement.
•Your new due date will take effect the next billing cycle and will appear on your next statement.

Then without even trying to change anything:

We were unable to complete your request at this time. You are not eligible to change your bill due date at this time. Possible reasons for this include: you have a new card or you have changed your bill due date within the past 180 days.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:23 pm

I know it says that, but I was able to change the date, and that also moved up my statement date almost an entire month. I did this for both my wife and my accounts and our statements both closed last week and we both got the bonus points. Maybe you tried to pick a date that was too close to the then current date?
Old May 4, 2015, 2:32 pm

I know it says that, but I was able to change the date, and that also moved up my statement date almost an entire month. I did this for both my wife and my accounts and our statements both closed last week and we both got the bonus points. Maybe you tried to pick a date that was too close to the then current date?
Hey did you call and change or do it online? Thanks!
Old May 4, 2015, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by bmms8
Hey did you call and change or do it online? Thanks!
I did it online.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:56 pm

I tried to apply to this deal, I found the 80K page, but when I clicked it, it said it was expired and then would take me to a page with 60k points. I SM'ed Chase with a screenshot to see what their response will be......
Old May 5, 2015, 11:37 am

They replied to my SM saying that if there is a better offer within 90 days they will match it.

Has anyone been able to have them match the 80K points via SM after applying for the 60K points + $50 credit?
Old May 5, 2015, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by mtrsprt56
They replied to my SM saying that if there is a better offer within 90 days they will match it.

Has anyone been able to have them match the 80K points via SM after applying for the 60K points + $50 credit?
Yes, I was just able to. I got confirmation from CSR via SM that the additional 20K points will be deposited after the next billing statement (I have completed the $1000 min spend). They did however revert the $50 statement credit. Said I could not get both the credit and the 20K additional - I had to pick one. I picked the points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.