Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2014, 2:40 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Time limit for reconsideration call?

I applied for an ink plus 3 weeks ago can i still do a reconsideration call?
Old Nov 18, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA PLAT, TK GLD, Hilton Diamond, IC PLAT, SPG GLD, Marriott GLD
Afaik an app is good for 30 calendar days from when you submit

So yes
Old Nov 18, 2014, 7:31 pm
In memoriam

IME, thirty days with Chase.

And, they are really rigid on this. It doesn't mean thirty days and one minute.

So, best to call right away.

I usually call within 48 hours of my app and speak to an underwriter who mostly approves the app on the spot.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:07 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Never costs another inquiry right?
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:44 am

0/2 on chase BA. Too many cards and inquiries in the last year. Same BS both times. They wouldn't let me reduce or reallocate credit limit.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:55 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by ibleed0range
0/2 on chase BA. Too many cards and inquiries in the last year. Same BS both times. They wouldn't let me reduce or reallocate credit limit.
Did they explicitly say the "last year"? Or just too many cards and inquiries? I've never had a CSR mention "year", but I have been told "6 months".

I've gotten my 6 month accounts and HPs within reason, but my last year count
Old Nov 20, 2014, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
Did they explicitly say the "last year"? Or just too many cards and inquiries? I've never had a CSR mention "year", but I have been told "6 months".

On the first call they said within the last year. On the second call it was just too many opened recently. Same end story and result. I have only applied (and approved after shifting credit) for one other chase card in the last 9 months. I was also approved for 2 SW cards early in the year but not in the last 9 months. All the Experian hits for 5 CITI 100K Exec's. I've got 13 inquiries in the last year including the chase denial but only 4 in the past 6 months. One of which was a mortgage application.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:00 pm

Waited more than a month to call US Bank bank on a rejected Club Carlson app., and was told by rep that after a month the app is removed from the system. I would have to apply again.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:01 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

What about if i am calling because i am satisfied with the credit limit?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
On the first call they said within the last year. On the second call it was just too many opened recently. Same end story and result. I have only applied (and approved after shifting credit) for one other chase card in the last 9 months. I was also approved for 2 SW cards early in the year but not in the last 9 months. All the Experian hits for 5 CITI 100K Exec's. I've got 13 inquiries in the last year including the chase denial but only 4 in the past 6 months. One of which was a mortgage application.
Really? I got denied by Citi for as many HPs in 6 months as you had in a year. I waited 3 months for some of those to fall off the 6 month list, and got 2 instant approvals from Citi 2 weeks apart. 4 ccs is just one AoR for me. Really can't understand why Chase is so skittish in your case.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 9:16 am

I currently have a total of 4 Chase cards, 3 personal cards that are all at least 2 years old, and the Ink Plus which I got a little over 2 months ago. I had Ink Bold prior to that for a couple of years and closed it when I got he Plus. I now want to apply for 2 SWA cards to get a companion pass. Is it better to apply for 2 personal cards or 1 personal and 1 business?

When I played for the Ink Plus, my application had to be reviewed, which is strange because I had a great score and 0 applications for almost 2 years. And should I call to have my credit limit lowered on some of my personal cards? My total CL for Chase personal is about $60k.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:12 pm

How much spend are you putting on the Chase cards? Did you meet the min spend on the SW cards and then stopped using them?
Old Nov 21, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by Brugge

Just a data point on this question - when I called recon on my sw biz premier app the rep noted my number of recent inquiries as 10 which she only would have known if looking back 12 months and looking at both EXP and TRU. 6 month view on just EXP which is all they usually pull for me, would have shown only 2.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
How much spend are you putting on the Chase cards? Did you meet the min spend on the SW cards and then stopped using them?
I spent over 25K on one and almost 10K on the other (SW). I also spent over 25K each on two other chase cards and like 20K on another one.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
I got a targeted application for the chase ink plus business card 70K for 5K spend. I have the chase ink business card applied for that one about 12 months ago.
T&C says if I had this card and got the bonus in the last 24 months I am inelligible.
I called two times to CS since I have the ink not ink plus and they said if I apply and am approved I will definately get the bonus.

Was CS wrong?
I have double checked, any way to triple check?

I have been approved and the card is about 24 hours away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.