Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For later discussion, see the threads starting at May 2015 (now also closed) and January 2017 (current, with updated wiki).
Print Wikipost

Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2014, 3:50 pm

Quick Question:

Listed Below Chase UA MP Card re 50K bonus
This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months.

I cancelled my card around 20 months ago because I did not want to pay the annual Fee.

What is likelihood of me getting the initial 50K bonus if I applied again.

The reason I am thinking of applying for the card again because I have Christmas Shopping, which will satisfy the initial charge needed to get the Bonus

Thank you
Old Nov 7, 2014, 4:39 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by Punjabi312
Quick Question:

This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months. I cancelled my card around 20 months ago because I did not want to pay the annual Fee. What is likelihood of me getting the initial 50K bonus if I applied again. The reason I am thinking of applying for the card again because I have Christmas Shopping, which will satisfy the initial charge needed to get the Bonus
No reason to wonder or chance it. Contact Chase, explain your situation and ask if you will qualify for the bonus should you reapply now and be accepted. It would be good to document their response.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Punjabi312
Quick Question:

This new cardmember bonus offer is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this business credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this business credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this business credit card within the last 24 months.

I cancelled my card around 20 months ago because I did not want to pay the annual Fee.

What is likelihood of me getting the initial 50K bonus if I applied again.

The reason I am thinking of applying for the card again because I have Christmas Shopping, which will satisfy the initial charge needed to get the Bonus

Thank you
Obviously you meet condition i), if you also meet condition iii) which is very clearly stated - then you WILL get the bonus. Chase does not care you have had a bonus before, as long as the previous bonus is received MORE THAN 24 months ago.

Dont know why there is still confusion and apprehension on this front when Chase now makes it very clear in writing - 2 conditions must be met, and once they are, no need to ask Chase. If you still feel the need, then go ahead but the answer would 100% hinged on the above conditons, so either you do or you dont meet both conditons, what is the need to ask?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Adding a data point re multiple apps w/ Chase. I applied for SW biz and personal on same day. The hard inquiries did not merge. Both are showing on Experian. YMMV.
Bummer... I am about to sign my wife up for both as well and was really hoping for only one HP for her.

Does the order in which I apply for the cards matter? She does have a legitimate business, however she is taking some time off since we have a new baby so the income is going to be quite low. I would like to avoid the reconsideration line if at all possible
Old Nov 9, 2014, 3:52 pm

Any new experiences with the Chase turn down with "prior unsatisfactory experience" which they refuse to explain ?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 7:45 am

if you get the "you will be notified of our decision in approximately two weeks" message and then it changes to “Application is being reviewed. We will notify you in 7-10 days”, assuming that means a declined app?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: Far too many
Originally Posted by RNE
Shouldn't matter. I'd go ahead and apply if I were you.
Would your answer be the same if the business card was applied for ten days ago?
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:05 pm
RNE

Originally Posted by travel light
Would your answer be the same if the business card was applied for ten days ago?
Yes.
Old Nov 14, 2014, 3:20 pm

Does anyone know that how far apart if I want to apply for more than one Chase credit card? In Citibank Wiki section, it lists the days to wait to apply for 2nd or 3rd, etc. How about Chase?
Old Nov 14, 2014, 8:26 pm

Denied for SW Business due to the amount of revolving credit lines opened up in the past year (11 overall, 9 are non-AU). Is that really that many? Had it reviewed over the phone. Any excuse I can use to get this reconsidered? I need the Biz before the end of the year...
Old Nov 15, 2014, 4:50 am
RNE

Originally Posted by mastermind85
Denied for SW Business due to the amount of revolving credit lines opened up in the past year (11 overall, 9 are non-AU). Is that really that many? Had it reviewed over the phone. Any excuse I can use to get this reconsidered? I need the Biz before the end of the year...
Yes, that's really a lot of newly opened cards. You can call every hour and ask for a reconsideration, but what you need is a convincing argument for why your business requires the SW card in particular! As a last resort, you could offer to close some of your cards.

RNE, wishing you luck; you'll need it.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by RNE
Yes, that's really a lot of newly opened cards. You can call every hour and ask for a reconsideration, but what you need is a convincing argument for why your business requires the SW card in particular! As a last resort, you could offer to close some of your cards.

RNE, wishing you luck; you'll need it.
How do other people larger aors then me then if I averaged about 4 per (citi execs were most of them) ? The 9 cards are not all chase (maybe 3 are chase) but they definitely looked at all my cards, not just chase.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by newbynewbynew
if you get the "you will be notified of our decision in approximately two weeks" message and then it changes to “Application is being reviewed. We will notify you in 7-10 days”, assuming that means a declined app?
Yes, you'll need to call.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 12:42 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by mastermind85
I was given this same denial reason (number of inquiries, number of new accounts) and was asked why I was seeking so much credit. I replied that I was not seeking credit as she could see that I had plenty of credit lines available and that my usage was very responsible. I explained that I had applied for various cards the previous year because I was interested in the useful benefits being offered like hotel status, free checked bags, no foreign transaction fees etc. Be sure to point out your perfect credit history and existing relationship with Chase (if you have one). I was approved for the biz and personal.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:45 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
data point on applications

5 current personal chase cards = 39k. 2 applied for this year
1 business (ink plus) 15k.

Last app 2 weeks ago for british avios.

applied for chase saph perf, got 'your app is being reviewed'. Immediately called, gave info, reviewed, more questions about old lines not being used and I offered to transfer some balance from old one to the new on (told them give me 10k on new card and you can take 7500k from old card).

Told hp in last 6 months= 8

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.