Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Fleet Information Doc Updated

Thanks to djsflynn and Tom Young in particular for their frequent scheduling updates.

If you see anything wrong or we should add, please advise!

Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Details
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
LRL was delivered arch 14, although I believe that it is not yet in service. LRN will probably be delivered in the coming week.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by manymany
I've just done CX712 BKK-HKG in 14A and then connected on to CX293 HKG-FCO in 15A. I wouldn't say there were any obstructions in either seat. With 15A you only get one window to look out of and you need to lean forward a bit. That was all.
Does CX deplane from door A or B at HKG? Family of four, flying in J, debating between 14/15/16/17 window seats or sitting 4 across in mini-cabin. SGNHKG. No way we'd book mini-cabin if everyone has to deplane door A. Need to hustle to F pier, after all

Jamie
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by TomYoung
LRL was delivered arch 14, although I believe that it is not yet in service. LRN will probably be delivered in the coming week.
As of last Saturday, RL was still parked at M21 beside the HAECO building
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Seems the first YVR 359 rotation just returned.
B-LRI CX856/855
https://www.flightradar24.com/flight/cx855

Last edited by jacobsleather; Mar 29, 2017 at 5:04 pm
Old Mar 29, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Got into HK yesterday on the "inaugural" CX855 YVR service and wanted to do quick write up, hopefully this is the best place for that.

I have to say I was impressed! This was also my first A350 flight and although I was in Y, the new product was very comfortable. For those wondering, there was a little pre flight ceremony at the gate with live music, food and a few speeches from BC government officials.

Just a few quick thoughts on the flight itself:

- The Y seat felt wider than the 77W despite being narrower
- New IFE is a step up from the previous system
- Unfortunately WiFI was disabled the entire flight (Does anybody know if thats a frequent thing)
- Very quiet cabin, until meal service when you can hear everybody talking though I suspect that isn't a problem up in J
- For those wondering meal services times: Breakfast was served about and hour after departure from YVR and "diner" was served about 4 hours before descent into HKG

Overall from an economy perspective I think the product is leagues ahead of the previous generation and CX do deserve some credit for that, I can definitely see myself transitioning my YVR-HKG travel to this flight exclusively in the future as the timings are also very nice.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
Got into HK yesterday on the "inaugural" CX855 YVR service and wanted to do quick write up, hopefully this is the best place for that.

I have to say I was impressed! This was also my first A350 flight and although I was in Y, the new product was very comfortable. For those wondering, there was a little pre flight ceremony at the gate with live music, food and a few speeches from BC government officials.

Just a few quick thoughts on the flight itself:

- The Y seat felt wider than the 77W despite being narrower
- New IFE is a step up from the previous system
- Unfortunately WiFI was disabled the entire flight (Does anybody know if thats a frequent thing)
- Very quiet cabin, until meal service when you can hear everybody talking though I suspect that isn't a problem up in J
- For those wondering meal services times: Breakfast was served about and hour after departure from YVR and "diner" was served about 4 hours before descent into HKG

Overall from an economy perspective I think the product is leagues ahead of the previous generation and CX do deserve some credit for that, I can definitely see myself transitioning my YVR-HKG travel to this flight exclusively in the future as the timings are also very nice.
Did you catch what door J deplaned through?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Did you catch what door J deplaned through?
It used D64 in YVR which is a dual jet bridge gate, and HKG should always be both doors.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
It used D64 in YVR which is a dual jet bridge gate, and HKG should always be both doors.
Given this, would you select main or mini cabin for J? Family of four. SGNHKG, daylight flight, so thinking the landscapes might be interesting. So leaning towards windows in the main cabin.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Given this, would you select main or mini cabin for J? Family of four. SGNHKG, daylight flight, so thinking the landscapes might be interesting. So leaning towards windows in the main cabin.
My personal rule as a window as far forwards as possible. But depending on the age of your kids, 2x2 centre seats may be better to ensure "good behaviour" on the flight

If they're old enough I'd take 4x windows. It's a short flight, and disembarking door 1 or 2 behind some other J pax will make no material difference at all.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:25 am

Thought I test out the WiFi and so far so good! After a nice HK atc delay, currently cruising at 37,000 heading for BNE. I'm quite surprised at how quick the speeds are.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:33 am

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
Thought I test out the WiFi and so far so good! After a nice HK atc delay, currently cruising at 37,000 heading for BNE. I'm quite surprised at how quick the speeds are.
Is the wifi already accessible while the plane is still on the ground?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by boybi
Is the wifi already accessible while the plane is still on the ground?
No, wifi services are enabled above 10,000ft.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
My personal rule as a window as far forwards as possible. But depending on the age of your kids, 2x2 centre seats may be better to ensure "good behaviour" on the flight

If they're old enough I'd take 4x windows. It's a short flight, and disembarking door 1 or 2 behind some other J pax will make no material difference at all.
Very helpful, totally agree, we will stick with 4 window seats in the main cabin. Currently age 14/16, but in their younger years we definitely took flanking positions. BA 744s are great, four across in J. Kids face one direction, next to one each other, parents take up guard on the opposing aisle seats. Perfect!

Since 6/8 we've put them in row 11 of the minicabin on he 777 while parents sit row 2, just a curtain away. CX crews have always been gracious about looking after them and the kids have always preferred their independence. I think CX premium classes are great with little ones.

Excited for the A350!
Old Mar 31, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
FlightAware shows CX3334 flying east from TLS, now over the Czech Republic. LRN perhaps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.