Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:45 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by steveben53
I read on seat guru that seats 14 and 15 A/K have a restricted view. Can someone confirm this or otherwise please
Originally Posted by lcpteck
Okay, saw some youtube videos that shows the 2 seats nearest to the exit row has the flight attendant jumpseats right in front. Also saw row 60 window seat, looks like a good one for unrestricted legroom.
If any of you guys get answers to the window questions, please let us know - we're keeping track here

Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:48 pm

2nd AKL flight with A350 launches March 1

From Wednesday (Mar 1), both CX117 and CX197 will be operated by A359. A few changes:

CX117 is going down to 3x weekly (from daily) and remains 35G
CX197 will stay daily, and switch from 77G to 35G

The freed-up daily 77G will go to the MEL rotation as CX163/178

(all of this has been previously reported & posted)

Details of these changes as we find out about them are contained in the link, posted above
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Was on B-LRA last Saturday, it really looks old and tired. Barely 9 months into service just look at that sink...then they finally decided to put back the wooden laminates that were pealing off but they clearly botched up the job thoroughly. 😒😒😒
Attached Images    
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Was on B-LRA last Saturday, it really looks old and tired. Barely 9 months into service just look at that sink...then they finally decided to put back the wooden laminates that were pealing off but they clearly botched up the job thoroughly. 😒😒😒
Unfortunately I remember similar things happening to the first batch of 77Ws barely 1-2 years into service.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
Unfortunately I remember similar things happening to the first batch of 77Ws barely 1-2 years into service.
The first batch of 77Ws were fitted with Coffin seats? or older?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
The first batch of 77Ws were fitted with Coffin seats? or older?
yea, there were weird fabric issues with the first batch of coffin seats. I recall it in the early 77Ws (new), A340s (reburbs) and B744s (refurbs), but I suspect it was also on the A330s and I just can't remember. I do remember flying the coffin on an A330 to Sydney back in 2007, that must've been one of the original batches so I bet they had the fabric issues too. Eventually CX swapped out all the fabric to that newer, more durable material which ended up being a very nice improvement. We also got the awesome J duvets around the time the fabric was upgraded.

Even though different problem, it smells like a similar situation. I'm reasonably confident it will be fixed in the next few years. The real answer will be when CX starts taking delivery of the A350-1000s next year. If those don't have the issues then we'll know they sorted them out, and I bet eventually the A350-900s will get fixes. Now, if the A350-1000s start being delivered with problems too...sigh. I'm optimistic they won't.

Airbus is still publicly putting the heat on Zodiac post merger. I know I'm not the only person on this board who meets with Airbus...they'll happily put all the blame in Zodiac's corner. I don't really know how much of this is true or not, and if CX owns any of the blame as well. But to give CX credit where it's due they did face new teething issues with the coffins (and even a little with Cirrus), and they were ironed out over subsequent years. CX deserves heat for some things, but over the years I've been a customer (a decade) they have indeed been pretty good about the hard products, both in the plane and in the lounge. Catering, I have my gripes particularly in J class. But hard product CX is pretty darn good and I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:09 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by QRC3288
yea, there were weird fabric issues with the first batch of coffin seats. I recall it in the early 77Ws (new), A340s (reburbs) and B744s (refurbs), but I suspect it was also on the A330s and I just can't remember. I do remember flying the coffin on an A330 to Sydney back in 2007, that must've been one of the original batches so I bet they had the fabric issues too. .
I didn't recall there were any quality problems with the coffin seat fabric version 1 aside from the fact it was just a horrible grippy heat inducing fabric (in addition to being ugly)?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
I didn't recall there were any quality problems with the coffin seat fabric version 1 aside from the fact it was just a horrible grippy heat inducing fabric (in addition to being ugly)?
ha, no mate remember it started balling up, wearing through and peeling off very, very quickly?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:53 pm

1st generation fabric on a 74A. Photo taken in 2010.
Name:  IMG_0385.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  540.3 KB
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:54 pm

2nd generation fabric on a 77A. Taken in 2011.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:13 pm

But upholstery is one thing, they would normally bunch up and looking worn and tired, but wood laminates on a counter tops are a different matter IMO. They aren't supposed to peel off specially on your first month of flying.

**I was on LRA the first day, flew it again after a month and the laminates on 21K was starting to peel.

My friend was on B-LRI which was delivered last November...he has similar issues, plus his seat wasn't functioning properly and the overhead bin was tapped shut.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:48 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
I was on LRB and LRA on Friday.

At the gate for LRB I was told my chosen seat 15K had a problem and I had been reassigned to 12K. I refused this due to its proximity to the toilet. Finally I was put in 18K. There the arm rest was very difficult to raise and once it had been raised it flopped around like a gear lever in neutral on an old car - the sort of engineering that would have driven Dr. Ferdinand crazy.

On LRA the carpet was broken/torn right the way across next to 12A. It only had to have someone catch their toe in it to risk measuring their length in the aisle.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by TomYoung
I was on LRB and LRA on Friday.

At the gate for LRB I was told my chosen seat 15K had a problem and I had been reassigned to 12K. I refused this due to its proximity to the toilet. Finally I was put in 18K. There the arm rest was very difficult to raise and once it had been raised it flopped around like a gear lever in neutral on an old car - the sort of engineering that would have driven Dr. Ferdinand crazy.

On LRA the carpet was broken/torn right the way across next to 12A. It only had to have someone catch their toe in it to risk measuring their length in the aisle.
Did they do the live safety Demo on LRA last Friday? Ours videos weren't working so the crew had to do the live demo.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
CX117 Is discontinued at the end of March
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by TomYoung
CX117 Is discontinued at the end of March
thanks, I didn't realize that. updated the sheet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.