Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2016, 4:28 am

First 350 long haul in PEY, after a couple in Y. Didn't realize how bad the PEY experience without a dedicated toilet would be. Can't see how many ppl are in line because of the curtain, and there's just not enough of them altogether. Hm.

Both 30H and K were broken. One footrest wouldn't move at all, and the others backrest would keep pushing back up, i.e. not staying in the reclined position. Hm again.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:29 am
mzx

Surprised by wear and tear on Biz Seat in A350

Really surprised by wear and tear which is showing already on the Biz Seat in the A350. Peeling lamination, frayed edges and the mechanism on the seat to get it to lay flat was very glitchy (kept on stopping and reversing as it something was blocking - although nothing was). I actually had to move seats since the TV was locked up in my first seat... and it seems many of the seats are in the same condition.

Compared to the 777 herringbone, the a350 seat build quality feels very "lightweight" to put it nicely... while the 777 seats hitting 5/6 years old (if my calculations are right) appear to be built more like tanks despite their scratches.
Attached Images   

Last edited by mzx; Dec 20, 2016 at 7:38 am
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
Nope, I am just as disappointed with the 773ER wear-and-tear as well. It is simply cheaply built. That's one of many disappointments I have with Cathay premium products. So much wear and tear that just screams "cheap"
Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Y Cabin

Flew last week out of LGW in Y. First impressions was wow, but then that soon got replaced with By Zeus it's hot in here!! No individual airvents and I was regretting wearing a long sleeve top. After about 10 mins the seat belt sign came on and so did the air con. I guess they were refuelling and the APU was off or something.

I found the seat very comfortable and love the new storage options. The TV unit is much clearer. My only complaint about the seat was that I thought I could feed the knees of the person behind me at times.

The major nuisance of the flight was (apart from too many babies and toddlers on board, but hey its xmas I guess) was that one of the toilets on the RHS was out of action. This meant only one working on that side. To access the LHS you had to go down the back and cross the kitchen. Because of all the babies in baskets you couldn't cross in front of the bulkhead. After the meal service the crew put the curtains in place and I couldn't see a flap to go through. They had clipped it shut so I had to break through to go back to my side.

I didn't notice any drinks runs between meals on this flight, nor my connecting flight to BNE. Not sure if that's because people either called them to their seats or went to the back.

Overall felt good about the flight and look forward to the increase in frequency from LGW and the introduction of the A350 into BNE next March.

Ah. Forgot to mention that Wifi wasn't working. An apology was given, but they didn't explain that also affected the live tv channels. Ho hum.

Last edited by dddc; Dec 25, 2016 at 7:00 am
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by sscywong
Agree. Seems they force you to use the filter function to sort out what's showing...

I found no difference in content offering on 359 v 330 / 777... Which route you were on?
indeed i find the new system more confusing than the old one tbh and i hate the filter function... wonder why they can't just keep the old interface!
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by mzx
Really surprised by wear and tear which is showing already on the Biz Seat in the A350. Peeling lamination, frayed edges and the mechanism on the seat to get it to lay flat was very glitchy (kept on stopping and reversing as it something was blocking - although nothing was). I actually had to move seats since the TV was locked up in my first seat... and it seems many of the seats are in the same condition.

Compared to the 777 herringbone, the a350 seat build quality feels very "lightweight" to put it nicely... while the 777 seats hitting 5/6 years old (if my calculations are right) appear to be built more like tanks despite their scratches.
I concur, the A359 J seats have a "cheap" feel to it for some reason (maybe the laminate). I am always surprised how good the A330 J seats look
Old Dec 25, 2016, 6:59 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by dddc
Flew last week out of LGW in Y. First impressions was wow, but then that soon got replaced with By Zeus it's hot in here!! No individual airvents and I was regretting wearing a long sleeve top. After about 10 mins the seat belt sign came on and so did the air con. I guess they were refuelling and the APU was off or something.

I found the seat very comfortable and love the new storage options. The TV unit is much clearer. My only complaint about the seat was that I thought I could feed the knees of the person behind me at times.

The major nuisance of the flight was (apart from too many babies and toddlers on board, but hey its xmas I guess) was that one of the toilets on the RHS was out of action. This meant only one working on that side. To access the LHS you had to go down the back and cross the kitchen. Because of all the babies in baskets you couldn't cross in front of the bulkhead. After the meal service the crew put the curtains in place and I couldn't see a flap to go through. They had clipped it shut so I had to break through to go back to my side.

I didn't notice any drinks runs between meals on this flight, nor my connecting flight to BNE. Not sure if that's because people either called them to their seats or went to the back.

Overall felt good about the flight and look forward to the increase in frequency from LGW and the introduction of the A350 into BNE next March.
I believe drink run is not part of the standard service flow with the exception of drink+nuts before first meal and 'pre-pour' (aka juice/water right before 2nd meal, which all the crew actually hate doing)
Old Dec 25, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
I believe drink run is not part of the standard service flow with the exception of drink+nuts before first meal and 'pre-pour' (aka juice/water right before 2nd meal, which all the crew actually hate doing)
I thought on my previous flights (Dec 15, May/Jun 16) there were some runs. I'm not talking a full bar trolley, but just a tray with water or juice.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 3:49 pm

Just a reminder:

http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...t=cathay%20kix
Old Dec 28, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
I do see A359 used for my upcoming HKG-TPE and HKG-SIN flights as well. I'm sure the HKG-SIN planes get swapped alot for the regional ones cause of the heavy load in Economy.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IC Ambassador, Sixt Platinum
Flew hkg-akl yesterday in the A350 in J. I'm shocked by the state of the cabin after only a few months.
At checkin we've been moved from row 14dg to 20dg because the seat reclining doesn't work. I wasn't a big fan of 20 because it's so close to the galley with all those noise.
At the new seat the left armrest was broken and barely movable. Also the left side element (seat extension?) was broken off and lose. Also the seat extension wasn't able to stay down and always popped up. On my girlfriends seat the TV didn't flip properly out of the wall.
Found the rear J bathroom way to small.
Entertainment system is nice and fresh. Storage in the seat is great.
Had the A350 the day before on QR and in my opinion they did a way better job in fitting the aircraft out in general.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 3:27 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
QR A359 J is the best product on a twin engine at the moment, no comparison. CX just doesn't have the luxury to waste the middle in flight bar area.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:36 pm

Return DUS-HKG in PEY. Table had to be pulled up hard to extract from the armrest. One toilet door broken (i.e. wouldn't close anymore) towards the end of the flight, and both ashtrays ripped out of place and dangling from wires. Maybe all new planes have these sorts of teething troubles, but there surely seem to be a lot of random issues with these ones.
Old Dec 29, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We flew the A350 in business on HKG-SGN last week and have it on SGN-HKG this evening. Wow, after the veneer of niceness wears off, you see the wear. Unconscionable that the laminate is peeling on the tables, etc. It's really too bad CX went so cheap, these business cabins will not age well!
Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: CX DM
We were in PEY for the short trip back from BKK a couple of weeks ago and also found a number of issues.

Whilst it has been a while since I have sat in PEY, I felt the 350 seat was generally more comfortable (un-reclined) than what I recall from the 330 and 777. However, I had issues with my recline and the hinges holding the TV screen had already given way so that it wasn't possible for the screen to rest on an even angle. The biggest issue is the lack of a toilet.

I didn't experience the same wear as shown in the images above on a J flight about 2 months ago - hopefully they find some permanent fixes for these issues pretty soon! It certainly wont be good to find yourself on a full flight with a broken seat, screen etc!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.