Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 5:45 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
CX's 10th, LRM, was delivered on 31 December, 2016. I wonder if it was timed to be December in France but January in HK.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:11 am

Programs: CX Gold
Re delivery, anyone know where B-LRJ is? It's been delivered a while but yet to see it in service. Don't think it's seat related right?
Old Jan 1, 2017, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by dunflyer
Re delivery, anyone know where B-LRJ is? It's been delivered a while but yet to see it in service. Don't think it's seat related right?
Just happens that the plane took off from HKG half an hour ago!
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Most of the recent planes have been delivered without J seats. I don't have my notes in front of me, but in general if you want to figure out if the seats were installed in France pre-delivery, or in Asia post-delivery, just look at the lag between delivery and first commercial flight. Planes delivered ready to go fly commercial missions within 2-5 days of delivery and arrival to HK. Birds needing the J seat installations are taking around 3+ weeks following arrival in HK before first commercial flight.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 7:53 pm

Flew back from LGW last night in J on my first long haul on the A350. It's by far my favourite aircraft, very quiet and comfortable. The quality issues of the cabins are obvious but everything else is better than the 777 i think. The seat is a nice improvement on the old model and the IFE is much better once you've learned your way around it. I'll definitely be seeking it out for future flights.

Unfortunately two overhead lockers were taped up that i could see, the baby changing thing in the toilet was taped shut, and the padding bit in between the seat and the aisle-side armrest came off in my hand. This was LRC. No idea how they will fix the problems but these are all less than 6 month old aircraft.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: CX DM
well, i would say quality issue on fittings are quite dissapointing, i was on lrb 24 dec and lri 2 jan
20dg seats have brocken extention flaps and laminate peels off badly consider aug delivred for lrb
for lrj even worse as 16d has broken extentiin flaps and 16g arm rest rattels when kn up position and stuck in the base when near down position.
cathay try to use silicon to cover or solve the issue of peeling off laminate but obvious just make the fitting looks even cheaper
anyway, great aircraft and interio design ruined by the fitting quality
Old Jan 5, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Was on CX903 yesterday originally was supposed to be an A350, got notified on arrival in HKG (from HND) that there has been an a/c switch...to 330.

Not sure if our A350 broke down again or a different A350 broke down so they had to pull out ours....is it just me or are A350s breaking down more often than other a/c in the fleet?

On our 330s flight back there was a DM who was upset with the a/c change and random seat assignments which left him and his son separated...he was not very happy about it and talked to someone (presumably from CX) on the phone about. He did mention how horrible it was to sit on 11D/G getting regular whiffs of the toilet every time someone goes in and out. As I always take the window seat, and normally I stay towards the end of the main cabin, so I really have no experience about the forward toilets...Im wondering....is it really that bad?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Was on CX903 yesterday originally was supposed to be an A350, got notified on arrival in HKG (from HND) that there has been an a/c switch...to 330.

Not sure if our A350 broke down again or a different A350 broke down so they had to pull out ours....is it just me or are A350s breaking down more often than other a/c in the fleet?
That's normal with any new aircraft type as teething problems and other unforeseen issues get worked out. The A350 isn't targeted to match A330 reliability until 2019.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
He did mention how horrible it was to sit on 11D/G getting regular whiffs of the toilet every time someone goes in and out. As I always take the window seat, and normally I stay towards the end of the main cabin, so I really have no experience about the forward toilets...Im wondering....is it really that bad?
Sounds like he's clutching for excuses. All modern a/c toilets have a constant suction/negative air pressure to ensure all odours don't leave the cubicle, and of course there is a lot of air rapidly withdrawn upon flushing. I don't think I've ever identified an unpleasant odour until in the cubicle. The noise of flushing and doors slamming/latching is another thing though, and a good reason to avoid that area. But not for smell.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:18 am

...he was not very happy about it and talked to someone (presumably from CX) on the phone about.
I think he was just moaning to his wife

Originally Posted by jacobsleather
All modern a/c toilets have a constant suction/negative air pressure to ensure all odours don't leave the cubicle, and of course there is a lot of air rapidly withdrawn upon flushing. I don't think I've ever identified an unpleasant odour until in the cubicle.
Unfortunately I did smell something sitting at the back, first row in the last section cabin of Y...right next to two toilets...
Old Jan 6, 2017, 2:53 am

I think he was just moaning to his wife
Hahahaha....he even did a DYKWIA on the phone saying how all his other DM friends in HK....blah blah blah...I kinda zoned out after that.

Don't get me wrong, he was kinda nice during the flight. He did apologize to the crew later on.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver

Maybe it was due to operational reasons? Like capacity issues? A333 can carry more J and Y pax than the A359.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Maybe it was due to operational reasons? Like capacity issues? A333 can carry more J and Y pax than the A359.
But there's a new flight (CX937) leaving 10 mins later at 1640...and it's pretty empty. Moving pax would be easy. Personally I would have moved on that flight if asked because it's a 77H
Old Jan 10, 2017, 8:07 pm

Rome/FCO is loaded into the booking engine as a daily 77W from June until November, when it reverts to the 4 weekly A350.

Are they changing back for the summer?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:04 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by jacobsleather
Sounds like he's clutching for excuses. All modern a/c toilets have a constant suction/negative air pressure to ensure all odours don't leave the cubicle, and of course there is a lot of air rapidly withdrawn upon flushing. I don't think I've ever identified an unpleasant odour until in the cubicle. The noise of flushing and doors slamming/latching is another thing though, and a good reason to avoid that area. But not for smell.
I have made a mental note not to sit in Row 11 of the A350.... seems too close to the toilets it seems for my own liking. not sure why they needed to design it as such

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.