Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
i think new IFE is miles ahead of old one. but merely catching up to rest of the world. responsive system. also it seems more content on 359than others... just got off 359 to get on 33g but realize tv series content is different... 33g is lesser....

we r spoilt.. when u experience 359 seats you will definitely find conventional aircraft (even with cirrus J or PEY) to be an disappointment.
Old Dec 5, 2016, 7:00 pm

duplicate

Last edited by fakecd; Dec 5, 2016 at 7:15 pm
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:03 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by sxc
I don't really like the new GUI on the IFE. They are trying to look modern and trendy while making it more confusing as to where to find the media.
Agree. Seems they force you to use the filter function to sort out what's showing...

Originally Posted by fakecd
i think new IFE is miles ahead of old one. but merely catching up to rest of the world. responsive system. also it seems more content on 359than others... just got off 359 to get on 33g but realize tv series content is different... 33g is lesser....

we r spoilt.. when u experience 359 seats you will definitely find conventional aircraft (even with cirrus J or PEY) to be an disappointment.
I found no difference in content offering on 359 v 330 / 777... Which route you were on?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 7:04 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Interesting post here re the condition of the A350 cabins:

http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbo...enue-drop.html

The game changing 350 is certainly game changing - with a brand new cabin actually falling apart. Do you think pax will pay a premium for seats that don't recline (assuming you can even sell the seat with the rate of failure of the armrests), screens that don't work and with panels falling off. 20 - 30 cabin defects are normal. How much money did the company save in the short term going with a supplier Airbus warned you not to use? How much money will it cost to fix? How many pax are lost due to the appalling state of the cabin?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:13 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Supplier Airbus warned you not to use as in Zodiac?

I don't see the money saving in going with Zodiac
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:25 pm

359 on tpe hkg
33G or whatever the code is for long haul equipment to from SIN...

i know cuz i wanted to finish episodes of 11.22.63 which i watched on 359 but wasnt on 33g routes.

also for what its worth on 359 my screen kept flicking on and off the menu bars at bottom evety 1min... didnt care on tpe route but for 10hr journey i can be annoying
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:00 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Now I'm worried about flying the 350 on Saturday....I have two sectors on it.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold OWE
Originally Posted by fakecd

also for what its worth on 359 my screen kept flicking on and off the menu bars at bottom evety 1min... didnt care on tpe route but for 10hr journey i can be annoying
I had exact same issue too - its like someone was touching the screen by accident every 2 minutes. Seat 15A on tpe-hkg.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: Marco Polo
I wouldn't worry too much about technical faults such as the IFE, those are issues that surely will be ironed out sooner rather than later. The larger issue here is the seats themselves, if thats actually true that Airbus warned CX to stay away from Zodiac and they still went ahead then thats simply embarrassing and a sign that management needs to be reevaluated.

However I believe there's always more to it, PPrune is full of jaded employees who don't seem happy to work for any airline, the complaints aren't limited to Cathay.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 12:58 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by KrazyTrain18
I wouldn't worry too much about technical faults such as the IFE, those are issues that surely will be ironed out sooner rather than later. The larger issue here is the seats themselves, if thats actually true that Airbus warned CX to stay away from Zodiac and they still went ahead then thats simply embarrassing and a sign that management needs to be reevaluated.

However I believe there's always more to it, PPrune is full of jaded employees who don't seem happy to work for any airline, the complaints aren't limited to Cathay.
I don't think Airbus has warned CX before CX signed the deal with Zodiac. Plus I think the old Cirrus seats were co-developed by CX and Zodiac and definitely this refresh is also developed jointly by CX and Zodiac.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:44 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I don't think Airbus has warned CX before CX signed the deal with Zodiac. Plus I think the old Cirrus seats were co-developed by CX and Zodiac and definitely this refresh is also developed jointly by CX and Zodiac.
I think there is a warning now http://www.ainonline.com/aviation-ne...oughest-crisis but I doubt there was when CX was making a decision about the order.

Since FB2 worked out so well for CX and only a refresh was desired, I would've thought the incumbent was almost a shoe-in.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by toplayer
I had exact same issue too - its like someone was touching the screen by accident every 2 minutes. Seat 15A on tpe-hkg.
Exactly the same thing happened on my recent flight from AKL-HKG (B-LRE)
Not sure if it is just this particular aircraft or generic problem but no such issue on my outbound flight on B-LRD
When I raise this issue to the cabin crew, he just used a towel to wipe the screen and it did work - seems it's not their first time for such issue
Old Dec 9, 2016, 7:36 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Why is it a shame? The difference between CXs B777 and A350 product really isn't that dramatic.

Especially compared to other differences we've seen, like B744/A343 vs B777/A350, where you actually have fundamentally different hard products. There are definitely nice, small and real improvements the A350 but it's not a sea change...and the B777 seats are actually ever so slightly bigger.

Nor does the A359 have F, if that's a factor for you. Just saying I really don't think it's a dramatic difference! This isn't like back in 2007-2009, when CX had part of the J fleet with slanty J seats and the other half with flat beds. Now THAT was a shame when you got the slanty seats!
It's a shame for those of us that travel in the main cabin. Not all of us on here get to fly at the pointy bit.

With the densification of the B777's on the way, reducing the width of a seat from 18.5" to 17" that's a huge loss of personal space to an economy traveler. I made that mistake with 14+ hours on an Emirates B777 and swore never again to unwittingly fly a 10 abreast B777. I've done 2 trips to Australia from the UK this year with CX and about to embark on 3rd next week. One of the reasons for my repeat selection of Cathay is the wider seats along with direct flights to Brisbane, avoiding the Sydney shuffle of Qantas and it's codeshares. So, being able to take A350's all the way is quite exciting!
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by kennychenhk
Not sure if it is just this particular aircraft or generic problem but no such issue on my outbound flight on B-LRD
my problem was on B-LRA
Old Dec 9, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by dddc
It's a shame for those of us that travel in the main cabin. Not all of us on here get to fly at the pointy bit.

With the densification of the B777's on the way, reducing the width of a seat from 18.5" to 17" that's a huge loss of personal space to an economy traveler. I made that mistake with 14+ hours on an Emirates B777 and swore never again to unwittingly fly a 10 abreast B777. I've done 2 trips to Australia from the UK this year with CX and about to embark on 3rd next week. One of the reasons for my repeat selection of Cathay is the wider seats along with direct flights to Brisbane, avoiding the Sydney shuffle of Qantas and it's codeshares. So, being able to take A350's all the way is quite exciting!
yea but come on, this is totally academic now! you cannot even book 77W for a date that has the 10 abreast yet! it's a whiles out. it will happen, but not soon. the first birds to get it will be regional not long-haul, and precisely zero regional birds are even under reconfiguration yet.

so you can say all that, i agree with you in theory, but in practice it's kinda nonsense since you said you already had a booking! You don't need to sweat it. 77W is 9 abreast. A359 is 9 abreast. And certainly you know 77W is wider in A359 in the current configuration. Wi-fi is a legitimate gripe, as is AVOD resolution and just general aviation fanboy-ism. But Y class seat comfort is definitely not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.