Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:46 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
Heh... I can take that on as a mini project after this weekend. Now got to dig out the original info
Our moderator sxc has the information saved!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:42 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Seems like there are some issues with the seats...The last time I was on B-LRC a few weeks ago, the laminate on the table top was peeling, and the seat across mine was broken.

based on this Business Traveller article....it's getting worse.

Did Zodiac outsource their seats to China perhaps?
Old Sep 7, 2016, 1:33 am

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Our moderator sxc has the information saved!
You can also click on the revision history to view the deleted content
Old Sep 7, 2016, 4:12 am

Heh... I can take that on as a mini project after this weekend. Now got to dig out the original info
From what I heard two will be delivered this month. 16th and 27th of the month. not sure if they will have Business Class seats installed or like B-LRE
Old Sep 7, 2016, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Finnair also have 8 rows between D1 and D2. The seat is very uncomfortable. Curious to see if that's the case with CX as well.
To correct myself, on further revision of the seat map, it would appear as if the first row on CX goes into the gallery whereas on AY it does not, ie the middle row column has more space dedicated to it on CX vs. AY.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 7:35 am

so..i am booked on CX379 tomorrow evening (10th Sep) to DUS

Just checked in and the A350 has been changed to a 77W. Does anyone know what happened?

So disappointed as i was looking forward to trying out the new plane
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by twonga

Just checked in and the A350 has been changed to a 77W. Does anyone know what happened?

Interesting....I'm not sure exactly, but the a359 fleet is very small right now (4 birds) and so any tech issue can cascade through the schedule. Also, CX has a spare 77H frame during the DUS flights since they just removed it and didn't redeploy to another route yet. The seat numbers are almost identical if 77H: 275 vs 280 for the a359.

Do you know if your 77W is the 77G or 77H variant?
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:21 am

Interesting....I'm not sure exactly, but the a359 fleet is very small right now (4 birds) and so any tech issue can cascade through the schedule. Also, CX has a spare 77H frame during the DUS flights since they just removed it and didn't redeploy to another route yet. The seat numbers are almost identical if 77H: 275 vs 280 for the a359.

I think its the 77H, its the one with a toilet in PEY.

Not only was i disappointed to not be able to try out the 359, but i was originally booked in seats 30A/C, and now have to sit in a normal row in PEY without the extendable leg rests...ah first world problems!
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:30 am

I think its the 77H, its the one with a toilet in PEY.

Not only was i disappointed to not be able to try out the 359, but i was originally booked in seats 30A/C, and now have to sit in a normal row in PEY without the extendable leg rests...ah first world problems!
yes, 77H indeed has the toilet in PEY, while 77G doesn't.

The real "winners" are whoever the Diamonds are in J, I wonder if they'll be allowed to sit in the F section as J class.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 6:21 pm

77H will be sent to KUL today...then was surprised my 919 flight on Sunday is also 77H. Normally I only see 330/773s for 919.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:14 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM

Just got off CX376 (B-LRC) on its first DUS flight. If I was you id be happy with the 77W, especially for J.

A few comments from this long-haul experience as it differs from flying on short hops:
- Sat in main J cabin. Although the new IFE screens are pretty cool, they are way too bright. I had to wear the provided eye-mask for the first time in my flying life. I hate eye-masks but without it there is too much flickering light in the whole cabin.
- That said, I will probably switch back to sitting in the 'mini cabin' as the noise and light in the main cabin is not bearable. Noise is another factor since the engines are so darn silent now that you can hear every little other thing now!
- FWD toilets have windows which is awesome!
- FWD galley is where most of the work is done (at least on this flight). Its very cramped up there and switching sides for A/K toilets is probably pretty annoying for crew.
- Seat was already falling apart! Both my neighbours and mine had issues.

If anyone has tried the mini cabin 20 A/D seats on a long flight, please comment on them.
I believe they might be the best seats as you dont have a toilet infront of you + limited foot traffic + galley infront not being used a lot. Then again, you might get unlucky and have noisy kids or something in first row of PEY right behind you...
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:20 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
77H will be sent to KUL today...then was surprised my 919 flight on Sunday is also 77H. Normally I only see 330/773s for 919.
Indeed... 903 and 935 usually gets dumped the 77Hs
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:14 pm

Indeed... 903 and 935 usually gets dumped the 77Hs
KUL had a last minute switch to 773 lol. One of the flights was delayed so they need to stuff everyone on that flight.

Anyway B-LRE is AOG in Manila...had a lightning strike. Saw a photo with the spoilers deployed while parked at the gate.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by mxr
- Seat was already falling apart! Both my neighbours and mine had issues.
I really don't how those seats could fall apart in less than 2 months. They only do 4 sectors a day...
Old Sep 8, 2016, 11:54 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
KUL had a last minute switch to 773 lol. One of the flights was delayed so they need to stuff everyone on that flight.

Anyway B-LRE is AOG in Manila...had a lightning strike. Saw a photo with the spoilers deployed while parked at the gate.
With new destinations coming up, looks like MNL is the only short haul that I will hedge the A359 will stick. The only thing I dislike about flying into MNL is the long ATC holding on departure and landing. Also, if you get WX, then you are pretty stuck on the taxiways as well.

Since I have a monthly SIN>>>HKG>>>MNL vv. shall have to research when I can sneak a ride on one of these

Side question, anyone knows if the tech crew on the 359 fly the 333 and 343 as well?

Last edited by CXFlyerBoy; Sep 8, 2016 at 11:59 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.