Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by cysyuen
It is going to KIX!
Is it CX564/5, the continuation leg via TPE? Any source?
Old Feb 2, 2017, 4:22 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by airsurfer
Why is it called XWB (eXtra Wide Body) ?
The inner cabin width is 5,8m, while the 777 is 5.9m and the 380 6.2 meters wide, so actually the 380 is an XWB.
It is called XWB because originally, the A350 was designed as a relatively cheap upgrade on the A330, with the same cabin width as the A330. When leasing companies and airlines gave an extremely cold response to this half-arsed idea, combined with Boeing concurrently developing the B787, Airbus tossed its original A330 upgrade plans away and basically redesigned an entirely new plane, including with a wider fuselage than the a330 (which wasn't originally intended). This is why they call it XWB....Basically "XWB" refers to the A350 width compared to A330. And it's them basically nodding to their customers who took them to task for just trying to get away with an upgraded A330.

It's playing out that Airbus hit a homerun with the A350, but the path that led here is indeed a bit of an...accident. Their original pitches for the plane design were pretty bad.
Old Feb 5, 2017, 6:41 pm

Just flew MEL-HKG in PEY on the newest A350, B-LRM.

Cabin was in perfect condition, you could tell it was brand new. FAs appeared to still be getting used to the equipment - there was some confusion over which FA call light corresponded to which seat.

The PEY hard product is a clear step up over the A330 PEY. The touchscreen is bigger, more responsive and finally we have a menu which looks like it was designed for touch. The little shelf below it was effective in holding my tablet. I love the little transparent drawer below that, just the right size for phone and wallet, although thieves will realise that too. Little side pocket also although it is a bit small to be very useful. The seat itself was very comfortable, I think more padded than the old one although it doesn't look it. Leg rest on every seat is a real winner, and the popup arm rest is a good idea too, you can put it down to turn sideways when letting people past.

The cabin generally is spacious and the larger windows make it really light, at least until everyone puts their shades down. The overhead bins in the centre are quite high up which helps make the cabin feel larger, like those old photos you see from the 70s when there were no overhead bins in the centre.

The PEY soft product was the same as ever. I haven't been in PEY on a day flight for a while but the meals looked the same. Interestingly the lamb and rosemary pie, which I have had in J, made an appearance but in a smaller serve. Also they had Maggie Beer ice cream (which I have only ever seen offered in J on flights ex-Australia) but plain vanilla only!

I didn't use the wifi. I watched some satellite TV for a while which would be good if something important was happening but the rest of the time it's probably the least appealing entertainment option. Would've been awesome last year when I flew during the US election though. The tail camera was great for watching takeoff and landing.

Overall it is a big upgrade over the A330 and really makes for an enjoyable flight.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Originally Posted by 360cisitalia
359 fitting quality issue existed there fore more than half year, and they use silicon to fill up the peeling off veneer and do nothing on the armrest and extension flap area so far.
Flew the 350 in J a few days ago and had the same issue with the extension flap. I tried for quite a while to get it down before landing and a FA had to come assist. She had to make several attempts to get it to finally go down. This J seat definitely lacks some fit and finish compared to the 777 version I flew a couple months back on CX.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:33 pm

I flew on the 350 HKG-TPE and back. The way there was in PY and that was actually not too bad (considering I'm used to the AC PY product). Got a surprise op up on the way back to J and while I was not disappointed, the seat was definitely subject to some serious wear and tear. The "wood" vinyl was peeling in a few places, the arm rest was not easy to put back down and the entertainment system crashed for half the flight.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by yannerd
I flew on the 350 HKG-TPE and back. The way there was in PY and that was actually not too bad (considering I'm used to the AC PY product). Got a surprise op up on the way back to J and while I was not disappointed, the seat was definitely subject to some serious wear and tear. The "wood" vinyl was peeling in a few places, the arm rest was not easy to put back down and the entertainment system crashed for half the flight.
I flew in the last row of mini J when I got double op up from HKG to MNL last nov and find the new J in the A359 to be narrower at the foot well even when compared to the A333s
Old Feb 11, 2017, 9:02 am

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
A350 is an excellent aircraft

I have now flown the A350 on three round trips LGW-HKG
5 sectors in Premium Economy (PE) and 1 in Business (J).

I now fly via HKG to various Asian destinations rather than the BA direct routings in BA WTP (PE) for four reasons:

- Cathay seats are more comfortable PE is easily sleepable, J is a bit better for work
- Wifi is excellent - makes the LGW-HKG flight a workable day then night of sleep.
- LGW is better than LHR for return to London - never delayed, and CX343 is almost always first arrival so immigration is clear. 15mins from arrival at gate to Gatwick Station platform (vs 35mins min at LHR)
- More BA Tier points (vs direct to HND, ICN, SIN, etc.)

I expect the BA A350-1000 will be fierce competition (very fast Wifi)

Old Feb 11, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
I am absolutely gutted that both of my HKG>MNL and MNL>HKG flights are not A359 anymore!

/AE
Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: QR/AC Gold, VA Silver, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-paci...-a350s-by-2019

Pretty much most of the AUS flights will be operated on A350 by 2019.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 5:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, ex AA EXP
Flew the A350 yesterday to SGN in PY, I found the seat confortable, legroom is more generous, the new IFE and the screen were very enjoyable
Old Feb 16, 2017, 7:38 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pvgman
Flew the A350 yesterday to SGN in PY, I found the seat confortable, legroom is more generous, the new IFE and the screen were very enjoyable
Did it seem like any of the seats were better choices than any others? Is there enough space in the bulkheads that the window seat could get up without disturbing the person next to them? I'm flying the A350 to AKL in two weeks and interested in any opinions or suggestions.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by ssbmoro
Did it seem like any of the seats were better choices than any others? Is there enough space in the bulkheads that the window seat could get up without disturbing the person next to them? I'm flying the A350 to AKL in two weeks and interested in any opinions or suggestions.
The bulkheads are an excellent choice. And yes, there is enough space to navigate past the aisle seat pax
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:00 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
How are the row 59 and 40 bulkhead aisle and window seats? Enough room to stretch out your legs?

I notice row 60 window seat looks like it's good for legroom since no seat in front.

Last edited by lcpteck; Feb 26, 2017 at 4:11 am
Old Feb 26, 2017, 6:51 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver
I read on seat guru that seats 14 and 15 A/K have a restricted view. Can someone confirm this or otherwise please
Old Feb 26, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Originally Posted by lcpteck
How are the row 59 and 40 bulkhead aisle and window seats? Enough room to stretch out your legs?

I notice row 60 window seat looks like it's good for legroom since no seat in front.
Okay, saw some youtube videos that shows the 2 seats nearest to the exit row has the flight attendant jumpseats right in front. Also saw row 60 window seat, looks like a good one for unrestricted legroom.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.