Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Also on Flight Global

Cathay details issues with A350 business class seats

24 May 2017

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...la-eat-437550/
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
This is a worry. I have an Avios redemption for MAN to HKG in October. Sounds like CX will still be some way off from completely resolving issues with their business class cabin .
Old Jun 7, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Originally Posted by 24left
Also on Flight Global

Cathay details issues with A350 business class seats

24 May 2017

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...la-eat-437550/
The article does mention the toilet problems but not that anything is being done about it.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Internaut
This is a worry. I have an Avios redemption for MAN to HKG in October. Sounds like CX will still be some way off from completely resolving issues with their business class cabin .
Not necessarily. CX is replacing all the seats on the first three aircraft, which will be completed in July. Seats delivered with the latest planes are definitely fine, so the probability that you'll get a bad-fitted aircraft (maybe like B-LRD/E/F) is pretty low, and those aircraft only have minor problems which will be addressed one-by-one.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 5:12 am

Flew B-LRK today SIN-BKK in J. There were a lot of scuffs on the molding of the seats and the laminate was peeling up at the edges in various places. Definitely didn't give me that new plane feel.

Last edited by FlyerTalkUserName; Jul 2, 2017 at 8:34 am Reason: added "in J"
Old Jul 2, 2017, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by FlyerTalkUserName
Flew B-LRK today SIN-BKK. There were a lot of scuffs on the molding of the seats and the laminate was peeling up at the edges in various places. Definitely didn't give me that new plane feel.
Flew B-LRN yesterday SIN-HKG in PY. Was only two of the people in the cabin (both wanted to redeem J but couldn't). The seat was firmer than I expected and wasn't very comfortable, though I guess on long hauls I would prefer more support. The seat controls weren't that intuitive, though it didn't take much time to get used to. Best breakfast I've ever had on an airplane though (giving credit to Singapore catering I guess).
My only major complaint is that there is no fast-forward button on the remote, or on the screen. So you have to either wait out the ads in the beginning of each program or drag the video to the point with no ads (like you might do on Youtube) but I didn't really feel motivated enough to get up from the reclined position to lean forward and use the touchscreen.
The crew serving us was obviously a trainee, and would never appear ever during the flight except to ask us what we wanted to eat/drink for breakfast, though I guess I didn't really need anything else (I just wandered into the J galley myself to grab playing cards XD).
Old Jul 3, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I'm a big fan of this plane

I've now (finally) notched about 10 flights in 35G, including one long-haul. So far all my flights are in J.

My overall "feeling" and observation is I absolutely hope for this plane to be subbed in or flying my routes. The WiFi option is superb (one of, if not the best airplane WiFi I've ever used) and I find myself using it every time, the plane quiet, and J class absolutely an upgrade even over the 77W version, which is already excellent IMO. It isn't shrunken like the A333 version, and meanwhile the padding over the "cabinet" storage thing (which is an open storage space on 77W/A333) basically makes your bed bigger. Asthetically, I also like the curved seats and love the window in the forward J lavs. I think CX nailed it with this seat although I do think the cabin layout could be improved....Qatar's is tough to beat IMO.

The minor downsides to the CX A350 J are some of the planes have the nicks and teething issues discussed at length here. I've seen duct tape on a mirror in the toilet, paneling coming off a finish by the TV screen, and other issues. But in my mind these are temporary and don't take away from a great plane.

The major downside is clearly seats 11D/G (these are the front seats right?), which after further investigation are really a disgrace. Somewhere else I said I thought 77G's 19D was the worst J seat in the CX fleet, you know the first lavatory impacted seat in the 77G minicabin. But I've changed my mind and think the worst fleetwide J seat "honor" goes to 11D/G on 35G. The lavatory / galley curtain gets constantly pushed into those seats, you are forever facing the lavatory opening and closing, I'm sure lav light is a problem, and pax occasionally need to wait in your seatspace or use it as an aisle passing lane. It's a disaster.

The other issue is the minicabin. I've only down it twice and generally avoid. I love it in theory, but it has the same problem as the 33E/33K/77G minicabin....PEY pax coming up to use the lav, as well as folks from the back self-upgrading. But this isn't really a 35G specific issue. I have flown many redeyes on 33E/33K in the minicabin; I choose it when the cabin is full so the chance of self upgrade is nil.

But my negatives aside, I think this plane is awesome. I just wish CX had F on it or the 35K. Bummer.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 8:27 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
I only flew 35G twice so far... once in J (12K) to TPE, another was yesterday from BKK in Y (a middle column E seat)

Agree with QRC3288 that the plane itself is great, but there's really tons of design flaws...

11D/G is a serious problem. I tried to avoid these two seats (or 10D/G on KA) on all regional aircraft as the curtain is extremely disturbing to me (actually this also applies to Y's row 39 / 22). Even though 11D on the regional 772 / 773 are next to the toilet as well but seems the toilet problem on 35G is amplified...

For Y can definitely feel that the seat is much tighter / narrower than that any other aircraft, but at least legroom is abundant...

The overhead bin / call light in Y is also a big problem... Cabin crew simply can't close the overhead bin without stepping one leg into column C... It is also impossible for them to reach the call light when standing in the aisle.... Completely understand the frustration of the crews when operating 35G...
Old Jul 3, 2017, 9:43 am

Agree with everything, In fact, I go out of my way to get a 350 flight.

Adding to what's been said, do avoid 33C/H unless you enjoy being smacked in the head with the curtain everytime a PEY pax needs to use the lav. That magnet thingy likes to flail about.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Still haven't had any 35G flight yet I take that there is no 'prime' seat like 77H 11A/K?
Old Jul 3, 2017, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Still haven't had any 35G flight yet I take that there is no 'prime' seat like 77H 11A/K?
Maybe not prime, but 11A. *None* of the issues D/G have, plus lots of space around you (bassinet seat). If 11A isn't available, it's 19A for me. No lav behind you, no trespassing pax due to mini cabin behind. Galley noise is minimal, IME.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: Marco Polo
I agree with QRC, the A350 is an excellent aircraft despite the cabin quality issues. I've switched all my YVR-HKG travel to CX855/856. The lower cabin altitude definitely has a nice affect on the body as I do feel better at arrival than the 77W.

EDIT: Got the 777th post in an A350 thread.

Last edited by KrazyTrain18; Jul 3, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Old Jul 3, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Finally flew on the 35G on HKG-SIN last week. Quite thankful there wasn't a swap!

I agree with the observations of other posters here. Quiet, refined, and the updated J seat is a real winner. The padded hidden storage area below the table makes it a lot easier for side sleepers now, since your knees can fit nicely over that area. I also appreciate how the power outlet has been moved into the mini cabinet.

The quality issues were apparently but not overly irritating. For instance, the retractable armrest squeaks when it's raised/lowered, though The new IFE system is a joy to use, a huge improvement over the outdated system I'm used to on the 77W.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 6:44 pm

I just flew with CX A350, B-LRN from KIX to HKG with J. No major issue on seat, its great upgrade from 77W product.
Inflight WiFi speed is fast, compare with China Airlines and Japan Airlines (Intl.).

But USB port charging is not working, cabin crew tried restart USB charging from their control panel but no luck. And duct tape on toilet mirror is a bit over for just 4 months age new aircraft:

A350 overhead bin may be very difficult to clean, the aircraft stayed in KIX over 4 hrs but I noticed a lot of black fingerprint on overhead cover
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:14 am

Flew both J and PEY this weekend. i thought the aircraft itself is great obviously. Really quiet and very comfortable. I flew only the HKG-SIN routes, so not enough time to fall asleep for a while and check if my mouth is really dry when I wake up. It did seem like there are little nicks more than you would expect of a new aircraft. It seemed like the J seats were a little smaller than the ones on 77W or maybe I'm imagining it.

As for PEY, it's a really great product. Not as wide as I would've liked, but the leg rest is great and I can always put a bag down there if I really need foot rest. The recline is great and the leg room is great. Just a really nice seat.

And of course, having wifi and the new IFE is a huge plus. It's too bad HKG-JFK is still on 77W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.