Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Eagle2000
This thread is for specific A350 discussion.

For discussion regarding the A350-1000 please discuss here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1909549-a350-1000-general-discussion.html

Seating Guide
A350 Seating Guide

Routes to be serviced by A350:
Cathay Pacific full fleet and route guide (search for 35G for A350): Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
Useful thread: New route speculation for Cathay

Already operating or confirmed (date of commencement)
Amsterdam
Auckland
Barcelona
Brisbane
Brussels
Capetown
Christchurch
Dublin
Frankfurt (March 31, 2019)
London Gatwick
Madrid
Manchester
Melbourne
Newark
Paris
Perth
Rome
San Francisco
Seattle (March 31, 2019)
Toronto (Su,W,F Oct 31 2019)
Tel Aviv
Vancouver
Washington DC
Zurich (March 31, 2019)
​​​​​​

Existing routes, speculated future equipment change to A350
Chicago
Milan
Los Angeles

Speculated future routes
Print Wikipost

A350 general discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by qsh
Don't get me wrong, I really hope that Cathay would fly A350 to East Coast too.

Aer Lingus document shows that the A359 only has a range of 7000mi too
All aircraft are limited in range as you start adding payload. The 77W can carry more weight over short-medium distances, but at ultra long ranges the A350 becomes better.

Aer Lingus will have modelled the 7000nm range on carrying roughly 40,000kg of payload. At that range the 77W can carry 10t more but will use more fuel doing it. At extreme ranges (8000nm+) the A350 will outfly and outcarry the 77W. It can fly almost 10,000nm with no payload, well over 1,000nm more than the 777.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 11:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by maortega15
You can probably see BOS, EWR and ORD down the line.
Thanks for the info...it will be a sad, sad day when this happens
Any idea where the 77Hs will be headed? Or retrofitted for regional ops?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:00 am

Flew for the first time on CX these past few days. We were in PEY on 77W from YYZ to HKG and then the 350 HKG to MEL. We enjoyed the PEY product very much and particularly on the 350. On both legs I had chosen 33 H & K which is the last row in PEY. Initially the seats seemed narrower and were definitely less padded on the 350 but in the end we found them more comfortable. The leg rest was a definite improvement over the footrest on 77W (which we didn't mind btw). There are no middle seats in row 33 on this 350, just 2 on either side and you actually end up beside the bassinets at the front of economy but the very heavy curtain closes on the diagonal and was kept closed most of the time so there is separation. My noise cancelling head phones took care of any outside noise there may or may not have been. The recline is generous and while it is close quarters when the person ahead is fully reclined, the IFE screen is adjustable, and I was able to still climb out over my sleeping husband when necessary but, obv could not do so wth a stranger .

I was seated right at the engine and had some concerns but this is a very quiet, smooth riding bird. The improvements to cabin pressure and lighting on this class are noticeable and appreciated. I had difficulty sleeping on the 15 hour first flight on the 77W but on this one, had dinner while watching American Hustle and then completely zonked for a solid 5 hours. Felt completely rested after and awoke to breakfast service. Our last trip to MEL, one leg was on a united 787, albeit in their economy plus which is no comparison, but we also felt similarly better after that fight over the 77W and I believe that to be due to the pressure and lighting enhancements in part. Sadly, our trip home leaves from SYD so no 350 in our near future but we'd definitely seek one out when booking again.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 11:35 am

Programs: IHG Spire | Marriott Plat | UA Plat | AA Plat Pro
SFO in the Wiki shows October 31, 2017 as the commencement date ... but A350 shows on earlier dates (don't know the exact date it will first appear)... example below is for October 29, 2017 which is the earliest date I can find going back to October 20 and moving forward.

Edit: Image doesn't want to load ... but here's a link to it http://imgur.com/a/4rg8l
Old Mar 10, 2017, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks for the info...it will be a sad, sad day when this happens
Any idea where the 77Hs will be headed? Or retrofitted for regional ops?
I doubt any 77H frames will be retrofitted to regional ops until CX start receiving their 777X's.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by maortega15
You can probably see BOS, EWR and ORD down the line.
Both BOS and ORD have first class and it is daily(bos route will become daily in late march)
I think A350 will not used for these two routes unless cx plans to have 2nd daily flight
Old Mar 17, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Missing windows in J updated in sheet

I noticed 20A/K on 35G are missing the front windows (this is the front row of the rear mini-cabin). Ie, these seats only have the window at your head, not your feet. Forgot once again to check out the front section, unfortunately.

Cathay Pacific Fleet, Guide and Route Information. I've updated the fleet guide here to match.

If anyone has any observations from Y, PEY or the front section of J, please advise. We also track door "bumps" in Y class if those exist on 35G.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
If any of you guys get answers to the window questions, please let us know - we're keeping track here

Cathay Pacific Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide
I've just done CX712 BKK-HKG in 14A and then connected on to CX293 HKG-FCO in 15A. I wouldn't say there were any obstructions in either seat. With 15A you only get one window to look out of and you need to lean forward a bit. That was all.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:48 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Got an opup like 2 weeks ago on the HKG-KIX redeye. However that's where the good ended. got bugbites from the seat when i was sleeping and realized i had rashes as i was leaving the airport.(and i took photos then - after i left the airport)

all they cares was to pay for my doctor bill. but have my own insurance anyways.

then i found on CX Secrets that people also found the same problem.

So im wondering if anyone here also encountered this? (and if any (reasonable) compensation ought to be due?)
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:20 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Found this article on Facebook last weekend "Damaged, substandard Zodiac seats hit Cathay Pacific image"

It is astounding that Cathay Pacific would accept these seats for delivery in this kind of condition on its first aircraft, but even worse on its fifth. It appears that Zodiac’s ongoing delays are driving airlines to take delivery of substandard seats.

But it is equally concerning that Cathay has not remedied the visible problems and obvious wear-and-tear damage to them, which seems very hard to miss.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:26 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Found this article on Facebook last weekend "Damaged, substandard Zodiac seats hit Cathay Pacific image"
There's a thread started for this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...fic-image.html

Since it seems to be a pretty serious escalating issue, it deserves its own thread so let's discuss the quality of the seats there.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:42 pm

Two more CX A350s winging their way down under: Perth's daily service gets A350'd on October 29, as does Melbourne's CX 134/135. MEL-HKG CX104/105 is also an A350, leaving CX178/163 on a Boeing 777-300ER.

Last edited by djsflynn; Mar 19, 2017 at 11:19 pm Reason: Updated, CX PR advised the wrong flight numbers, now it's all sorted :)
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
So more A330s to be reassigned. How? Where?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by djsflynn
Two more CX A350s winging their way down under: Perth's daily service gets A350'd on October 29, as does Melbourne's CX163/178 – this is the second of three daily MEL-HKG flights, with two as A350s and the third a Boeing 777-300ER.
thank you

Originally Posted by TomYoung
So more A330s to be reassigned. How? Where?
good question. anyone know? It seems like there are going to be a lot of long-haul A330s floating around the CX regional fleet....which is awesome on its own....there must be a catch somewhere? Anything to reduce the likelihood of that crappy regional J class.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 10:23 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Flew LGW-HKG in PEY last week on the A350. Overall very impressed with the seat. The more than half empty cabin doubtless helped. Must be one of the best Premium Economy Hard products out there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.