Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

"Damaged, substandard Zodiac seats hit Cathay Pacific image"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:04 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

March 16 2016

https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/0...pacific-image/

----
Mods - please merge if necessary
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: CX - DM; Hilton - Diamond, Marriott - Titanium
Yep...my limited experience on A350 (2x on SIN and 1x on BKK) so far I had notice many of the issues pointed out in this article... It's real! lol
Old Mar 20, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
The blog forgot about the conditions of the white sink in Business Class...only my last trip last February, it had dark stains all over the basin.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 3:52 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
And no news on how they are going remediate these defects aside from shoddy (literally) stop-gap measures.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Also flew B-LRA and was truly shocked at the state of the cabin. The aisle-side armrest had a portion that easily could have come off with very little effort (along with all the not-so-minor quibbles mentioned in the first post).
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:25 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Flying J on A350 for the first time in 10 days - shall I bring duct tape?
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Yep.. same experience here.. although the issue is not with the durability of the seat as there is bound to be wear and tear no matter how well made the seat is.. but the shocking thing is it seems CX maintenance aren't bothered to fix the small stuff, or the stuff just does not get reported to them to look at and rectify..
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Flew B-LRD on Saturday (AKL-HKG) and the triangular box lid was broken in seat 14G.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 10:51 pm

yup same experience here, and here I thought they refitted used business class seats into the A350
Old Mar 20, 2017, 11:49 pm

Not just the seat but IFE as well. I flew twice last year in Sep (HKG-LGW) and will again in April (HKG-YVR). The camera feature would sometime disappear from the side menu. Then on my LGW-HKG flight the IFE always returned to the main menu seconds after I click anywhere. I think it had to do with the screen registering a false upper right 'X' click.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:18 am

Is this quality issue just confined to Business? I've not experienced any issues on my travels on the CX A350 in economy.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:25 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Horizon360
Is this quality issue just confined to Business? I've not experienced any issues on my travels on the CX A350 in economy.
I had a metal skirting board on the bulkhead divider fall off during takeoff. But that is unrelated to the actual seat.

There is also the issue of the overhead bins that aren't actually overhead bins at the back of Economy being pulled off by people looking for their overhead locker space.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Horizon360
Yes, the main issue is coming from Zodiac, which supplied the CX J seats and washroom modules. Y and PEY seats are perfectly fine.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I had a metal skirting board on the bulkhead divider fall off during takeoff. But that is unrelated to the actual seat.

There is also the issue of the overhead bins that aren't actually overhead bins at the back of Economy being pulled off by people looking for their overhead locker space.
That ain't a quality issue but issue of passengers who ignore crew advice and also tend to be super strong.
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:36 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I saw in the original article there is a comment added by the supposed General Manager Product. I'm not sure why, if it is an official comment, it hasn't been directed to the Author and then have the Author edit the article with "Edited to add response from Cathay Pacific". But anyway here it is:

Dear Mr. Walton,

The points that you make in your article are valid and we have had similar feedback and comments from other Business Class travellers on our new A350-900s. We are sorry that the Business Class experience has not measured up to the experience that we had designed for our customers. This article highlights issues that we are aware of and that we are working hard to fix.

We have been pleased with the response we’ve received to the Economy and Premium Economy experience but the standard of our Business Class seats is not up to expectations. Seat and surface finishing defects have been observed by our customers and it is a priority that we correct these issues as soon as possible.

Our Business Class seat manufacturer, Zodiac Aerospace, has agreed to replace the full set of Business Class seats on those affected aircraft where the defects are most acute. For the remainder of the fleet, we are working with Zodiac Aerospace on quality improvement and we are seeing results from this work. Our teams are working on fixing the issues as soon as possible.

Your sincerely,
James Evans

General Manager Product
Cathay Pacific Airways

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.