Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:10 am

I booked a United flight via the portal and used my $300 credit. The flight was cancelled and the fare was refunded about a month ago, but I've seen nothing from C1 suggesting it was actually refunded. Is there anyway to see if the travel credit was "reloaded" or should I see a statement credit?
Old Jun 20, 2022, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by calmasahinducow
I booked a United flight via the portal and used my $300 credit. The flight was cancelled and the fare was refunded about a month ago, but I've seen nothing from C1 suggesting it was actually refunded. Is there anyway to see if the travel credit was "reloaded" or should I see a statement credit?
Are you reporting that your $300 credit was not clawed back due to the original expense getting refunded? If so, then your $300 credit remains spent as well.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 6:02 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by calmasahinducow
I think what will happen is that the credit may stay with capital one portal and you need to talk to them to use it - you may need their booking ID (different from United PNR)
Luckily the credit does not get clawed back in the card statement
Old Sep 12, 2022, 11:47 pm

Is any DP for $300 booking get clawed back?
I had no travel plan this year and 1 year period approach. Just Don't know what is safer way to use it out.

Read all the posts here. Comparing booking hotel (sometimes charge only happened when checking in), it looks like Booking airline throught C1 travel & choosing Refundable fare option is easier way to use the credit first. Then cancel flight later.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by aopluu
I posted a DP in another thread. No clawback.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by aopluu
I had no travel plan this year and 1 year period approach.
The VX is designed for travelers. No trips at all in 12 months????
lowfareair likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:37 am

How long did it take for you to receive the $300 travel credit by making a booking (e.g. hotel) via Capital One Travel?
The charge posted Sep 15, today is Sep 29, and no credit yet. The charge was $345.33 for a hotel that has already been completed (stay).
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:52 am
mia
Flyertalk Posting Legend Moderator: Credit Card Programs, American Express, Capital One, Chase, Citi, Diners Club, Signatures.

Programs: HH & IHG Gold; Marriott & AA Perpetual Platinum
Originally Posted by igorjrr
How long did it take for you to receive the $300 travel credit by making a booking (e.g. hotel) via Capital One Travel?
Two days.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by mia
Two days.
Thanks. So it seems this credit is buggy as I have not received it. Not willing to keep the card if it doesn't credit properly and requires customer service (there is no chat or messaging system).
Old Sep 29, 2022, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
The charge posted Sep 15, today is Sep 29, and no credit yet. The charge was $345.33 for a hotel that has already been completed (stay).
Mine took 4 days.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, UA Silver, HHonors Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum
I did a United flight booking with Capital One Travel - charge posted Sept 10 and today is 10/1, no credit yet. It will be annoying to have to call Customer Service, I was going to wait for 2 bill cycles to pass to see if the credit posts automatically, but with other data points of 2 days and 4 days to post, doesn't seem too promising.

Last edited by HankAAFlyer; Oct 2, 2022 at 3:52 pm
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:04 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
The same thing happened to us, booked (via Capital Travel) and stayed at a hotel on Sept 24, charged over $300, and no credit yet. Do we need to call?

Last edited by milemission; Oct 2, 2022 at 9:33 pm
Old Oct 2, 2022, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by milemission
The same thing happened to us, booked (via Capital Travel) and stayed at a hotel on Sept 30, charged over $300, and no credit yet. Do we need to call?
Two days and you're nervous? Read up thread and you'll see it could take 4 days & maybe longer.
SpaethCo likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by philemer
Two days and you're nervous? Read up thread and you'll see it could take 4 days & maybe longer.
Updated. We stayed on Sept 24. Sorry messed up with the date.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:25 pm

Thanks. So it seems this credit is buggy as I have not received it.
Same here, 10 business days since charge and no credit yet... hm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.