Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:12 pm
Suspended

You need to spend money on the card and not return things otherwise they may ban you . They are some great fee free card all over the internet you may feel more comfortable with .
Old Dec 21, 2021, 11:38 pm

Programs: IHG, Marriot, Emirates
Originally Posted by lkar
I'm not sure whether this is a response to me and what you've posted is largely incoherent, but in case I wasn't clear the question is this.

Book a vacation rental that you are not sure you are going to be able to go to for $600. $600 charged to your card, with a $200 statement credit.

You cancel. What happens? I assume that you get a refund of $600 but then the credit is clawed back.

My question: Do you then get a chance to re-use the credit that was clawed back?

My fundamental question: How sure of your rental do you need to be to avoid losing the $200 credit if you will not get it back?
From the terms and conditions page of the card, "If the credited vacation rental purchase is canceled, the statement credit may be removed from your account, though it can be reissued on any past or future vacation rental purchases up to $200."

Hope this answers your question.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Moh20
From the terms and conditions page of the card, "If the credited vacation rental purchase is canceled, the statement credit may be removed from your account, though it can be reissued on any past or future vacation rental purchases up to $200."

Hope this answers your question.
Thanks. Sounds manual but doable.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 7:30 am
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors

My first statement closed yesterday. A purchase that I made with Cap1 travel has not yet triggered the annual $300 credit, I am only 3 days since it posted. I did use miles to offset another travel purchase and the credit was applied the following day.

How long are people seeing before the $300 credits appear? I do have the ability to go in and offset that purchase but I want to wait until I receive the $300 to see if I am able to do both.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by ck8
How long are people seeing before the $300 credits appear?
My purchase posted on Dec 13, and the credit posted on Dec 17.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 5:29 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott

Did somebody try to use $300 portal credit and then cancel the booking? What happens to credit then?
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
You will receive a statement credit for up to $300 in purchases made via Capital One Travel. The $300 statement credit will be provided as a single credit if the Capital One Travel purchase is greater than or equal to $300, or in multiple statement credits until the total Capital One Travel purchases are greater than or equal to $300. The credit will appear in your account within 1-7 business days, but it may take up to 2 billing cycles after purchase. If the credited Capital One Travel purchase is canceled, the statement credit may be removed from your account, though it can be reissued on any past or future Capital One Travel purchases up to $300. Your Venture X card account must be open and in good standing at the time of statement credit fulfillment.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 7:16 pm

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott
May be removed. But may be not.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by yugi
Did somebody try to use $300 portal credit and then cancel the booking? What happens to credit then?
It seems only a refundable booking would go back on the card, otherwise you would retain a credit on the airline and Capital One would never know otherwise.
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by flytoeat
It seems only a refundable booking would go back on the card, otherwise you would retain a credit on the airline and Capital One would never know otherwise.
I guess that's one way to mfr some spend without pissing off C1
Old Jan 2, 2022, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by flytoeat
Yes, I was asking about refundable booking.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:10 pm

How long does it take for the $300 travel credit to post? I booked a hotel through Cap1 travel on 1/3 and still nothing.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
How long does it take for the $300 travel credit to post? I booked a hotel through Cap1 travel on 1/3 and still nothing.
I don’t have an answer, but have essentially the same data point. Booked a $350 flight on 1/3 through Cap1 travel. No credit yet. Statement even closed in the interim showing the full charge without any offset for credit. Seems like most credits were posting much quicker, but maybe credits from early this year are taking longer for some reason? I don’t have any reason to think mine won’t post, but given it’s my first time using Cap1 Travel it doesn’t give me a great feeling having to check every day.
Old Jan 12, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by rbw5t
I don’t have an answer, but have essentially the same data point. Booked a $350 flight on 1/3 through Cap1 travel. No credit yet. Statement even closed in the interim showing the full charge without any offset for credit. Seems like most credits were posting much quicker, but maybe credits from early this year are taking longer for some reason? I don’t have any reason to think mine won’t post, but given it’s my first time using Cap1 Travel it doesn’t give me a great feeling having to check every day.
I agree, the credits posting seems a bit slower this year
I booked a VRBO stay which posted on 1/6, $200 credit posted exactly a week later on 1/13
Booked a rental car through C1 portal, posted 12/9, $300 credit posted 12/14

Last edited by tchave01; Feb 7, 2022 at 7:19 am Reason: Updated credit
Old Jan 31, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold

I’m eyeing this card because I’d like a premium travel card but don’t want to pay too high an annual fee as I don’t get much out of priority pass since I’m *G (I personally place about $50 value to use it in PIT and using the meal credit once in a while). However, hearing reports in this thread that the portal isn’t that great. Truth be told I’d only use the portal to use the $300 rebate and never any other time. I’m not too worried about mileage earning. Thoughts? For those who’ve been using the card, is the $300 rebate worth the hassle or should I look elsewhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.