C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Old Mar 20, 2022, 5:51 pm

$300 travel portal credit

hi there,
a question about the travel portal credit: can it be used to offset travel for others? (i.e. air travel or hotel bookings made through the travel portal and paid with the card but not for the cardholder?)

Many thanks..!
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: AAdvantage LT GLD 1.806MM
Originally Posted by rosenkavalier
hi there,
a question about the travel portal credit: can it be used to offset travel for others? (i.e. air travel or hotel bookings made through the travel portal and paid with the card but not for the cardholder?)

Many thanks..!
As a somewhat related datapoint, I booked a flight for myself and daughter on a single booking via the Capital One travel portal. I received the full $300 credit several days later. My guess is that the $300 travel credit will work for any travel purchased through the portal, for any travelers that are not the cardholder. I think the system only looks for a transaction listed as "Capital One Travel", and then applies the credit. Just my guess....
Old Mar 22, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Originally Posted by AAMCI
As a somewhat related datapoint, I booked a flight for myself and daughter on a single booking via the Capital One travel portal. I received the full $300 credit several days later. My guess is that the $300 travel credit will work for any travel purchased through the portal, for any travelers that are not the cardholder. I think the system only looks for a transaction listed as "Capital One Travel", and then applies the credit. Just my guess....
I have a similar datapoint. I purchased tickets for myself and 3 others and received the full $300 credit which was just under the full price for all four of us.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 7:32 am
A4K

Programs: N/A

Originally Posted by fatlard
Data point for Capital One AirBnb/Vrbo

02/28/2022 Purchase made through Vrbo and Go Florida Con Booking of two charges $152.00/$303.75
03/08/2022 Credit issued

Another DP.
03/04/2022 Purchase via Capital One Travel Portal for Hertz rental. $411
03/07/2022 Cancelled rental since I found cheaper.
03/08/2022 Capital One Travel credit of $300 issued...
HMM>> wonder if this will get clawed back.
Any update on the clawback?
Old Mar 27, 2022, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by A4K
Any update on the clawback?
Doubt it will be clawed back. My wife had a portal booking made in December, cancelled it also in December and never had the credit clawed back, and its been over 3 months now.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:19 pm

Curious if anyone has any DP's on if a hotel/lodging booked through the Capital One Portal can trigger BOTH the $300 travel credit AND the $200 Vacation rental credit? For example, I know some hotels will trigger it. Anyone book lodging >$500 and get both the $300 travel credit and the $200 vacation credit?

Also, do either of these credits rollover to the next year or is it use it or lose it?
Old Mar 31, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by kayexalate
Curious if anyone has any DP's on if a hotel/lodging booked through the Capital One Portal can trigger BOTH the $300 travel credit AND the $200 Vacation rental credit? For example, I know some hotels will trigger it. Anyone book lodging >$500 and get both the $300 travel credit and the $200 vacation credit?

Also, do either of these credits rollover to the next year or is it use it or lose it?
Not sure about the first question, but I think both credits are use it or lose it.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 10:37 am

Programs: UR, TYP, MR, C1, AA, UA, WN, BA, AS, AV, AC, Choice, Hyatt, IHG, Hilton, Wyndham, Marriott

DP: COT $300 credit posted on the 1st, charge appeared on 28th.
Old Apr 15, 2022, 11:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

Data point. Purchased UA flight via travel portal and reimbursed 3 days later.
Old May 13, 2022, 3:43 pm

Trying to book some airline tix for 4 passengers through the C1 travel portal but it keeps giving me weird errors. Price for RT ticket per 1 person is $78. When I search and try to book 1, everything goes through to the final step
when I search 4 pax for the same flight, it'll show $508 pp, sometimes still $78 pp. when I go to the final step of booking, showing 4pax x $78pp, it'll say something weird like "invalid passenger" information or something to that effect.

When I check google fligths, the price and availability show up for $78pp with 4 pax, so not sure why hopper is unable to complete the transaction.
I'm trying to use up the $300 travel credit, but seems like it's a hassle to make it work.
If I book it as 4 separates tickets, $78 each, I assume the cumulative amount of $300 will be credited back? or does it have to be $300 or greater in one transaction booked through their portal?

Also, I worry if I do it this way, after booking the first ticket (or 2nd)_ the remaining ticket prices will increase.
Old May 14, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat

Trying to book some airline tix for 4 passengers through the C1 travel portal but it keeps giving me weird errors. Price for RT ticket per 1 person is $78. When I search and try to book 1, everything goes through to the final step
when I search 4 pax for the same flight, it'll show $508 pp, sometimes still $78 pp. when I go to the final step of booking, showing 4pax x $78pp, it'll say something weird like "invalid passenger" information or something to that effect.

When I check google fligths, the price and availability show up for $78pp with 4 pax, so not sure why hopper is unable to complete the transaction.
I'm trying to use up the $300 travel credit, but seems like it's a hassle to make it work.
If I book it as 4 separates tickets, $78 each, I assume the cumulative amount of $300 will be credited back? or does it have to be $300 or greater in one transaction booked through their portal?

Also, I worry if I do it this way, after booking the first ticket (or 2nd)_ the remaining ticket prices will increase.
I think Id go ahead with one at a time (have you tried 2-3?). Cap1 language reads Receive up to $300 back as statement credits for bookings through Capital One Travel, where youll get our best prices on thousands of options. The key word is CREDITS. Plural. So that tells us the charges can add up to $300. Not only one charge of $300.
Old May 14, 2022, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold

Credit should be cumulative, whether you use it in one transaction or more, ie first $300 in purchases on the portal.

As for the fare issue, I'd be willing to bet the most likely cause is a caching issue, with 4 fares at that level not actually available anymore (though going from $78 - $508 a pax does sound like a really high difference if its per person, though if that is for all 4, seems like it could be a 1-2 fare class difference at $127/person vs. $78). Discrepancy on sometimes showing the lower fare with 4, vs. higher others could be exactly when the server you are hitting was last cached - could be hitting different servers that were cached at different times. If 4 of the lower fares are not available anymore, before payment goes through, it will likely give you an error when you submit payment noting the fare has changed, when it does a final check for fare/availability, and should allow you to proceed with the higher fares if you want - note - I am basing this off of other sites - I don't know specifically for Cap 1/Hopper.

Google flights, IME, is often behind on caching - even more so than other engines - but if you are finding it there, clicking through to the purchasing site should bring you the lowest available fare available now.

If that $78/person is not available for 4, it will bring you to the next lowest fare class that is if you are booking on one record. This isn't limited to Cap1/Hopper - this is anywhere. Otherwise, you'd have to split up - try booking a record with 2, and then another of 2 and see what it comes up with. The only way to take advantage of a limited number of lower fares when your group is bigger is to book them in records with fewer people, taking up the max fares in that lower class, and then booking the rest on the next availble fare. On another note, even if there aren't 4 of the lower fare available currently - all hope is not lost to get it for all 4. Sometimes, carriers will limit the amount of low fares, and then update immediately after a booking is made, or sometimes, it will update them a bit later (or maybe not at all). I've seen where there aren't 2 of a certain fare level available, so booked the first on its own, then the carrier opens another of that fare class and so the second can book it. Obviously this isn't going to happen every time, but it is a possibility. So YMMV.
Old May 14, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
The $300 is able to be spread across multiple tickets -- my first ticket was a little over $200 and triggered a full credit, and the second a few weeks later was more than that amount and triggered the remaining credit. I don't remember if the email confirm told me the remaining balance or not, but it definitely works across multiple bookings.

The $200 vacation credit works the same way -- I got $63 for incidentals at a time share, and $28 for breakfast at a Marriott boutique hotel (Tribute Portfolio) and the emails for this tell me the remaining available amount.
Old May 23, 2022, 1:18 pm

it might be silly question
for $300 travel credit booking through C1 travel portal:

I won't be able to go together for the trip so unable to check in person and show my credit card. Can I book for friends or family members (adding/using his name on hotel booking primary traveler only). or I am still need to be the guest list, just adding his name on list?

Is that ok to book hotel to get $300 credit & his check-in w/o getting problem?

thanks

Last edited by aopluu; May 23, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 7:53 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
C1 Travel Credit Options

Originally Posted by UA Fan
I believe they do. Also this credit is only for purchases on C1's travel portal.
Can you purchase a $300 refundable airline ticket on the C1 portal, receive the $300 travel credit, then cancel airline ticket at later date?

Or will C1 pullback the credit if ticket is canceled? Also how long after the $300 charge is made through the C1 portal does the credit reimbursement show on account/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.