Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2022, 1:53 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
It's possible that the delayed credits are processed by the same partner transfer system that is currently Down for maintenance: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/capi...pt-2022-a.html I do not see any obvious connection, aside from the simultaneous breakdown.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mia
It's possible that the delayed credits are processed by the same partner transfer system that is currently Down for maintenance: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/capi...pt-2022-a.html I do not see any obvious connection, aside from the simultaneous breakdown.
That made sense! Thank you for the clever observation.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 8:01 am

Not seeing the credit either

Booked hotels on 9/14/22 still haven't seen the credit as of 10/15/22.

So far the Venture X has been a huge headache. Couldn't even book a flight they had listed through their travel portal and their customer service is terrible.

Venture X is anything but a premium card, if fact it's a borderline scam.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Ikaika C. Arnado
Booked hotels on 9/14/22 still haven't seen the credit as of 10/15/22.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, visitor from the future!
Drewski5 and dlbui like this.
Old Oct 4, 2022, 5:25 pm

if Calender date is 11/1 and $300 still not posting and passing to next year, that might be problem.
When they post $300 after calendar date, what year's credit will it count
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:09 am

Made a travel purchase on September 17 through Capital One Travel a few days after getting the card. $300 credit has not posted as of October 7. Called two days ago and was told it would take up to two billing cycles. I'm not in a particular rush. But Chase Reserve posts in a couple of days. CSR is up for renewal at the end of the month and am hoping to shift completely to Venture X. Meanwhile, the Capital One travel portal is down as I write this.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Originally Posted by saveri
Made a travel purchase on September 17 through Capital One Travel a few days after getting the card. $300 credit has not posted as of October 7. Called two days ago and was told it would take up to two billing cycles. I'm not in a particular rush. But Chase Reserve posts in a couple of days. CSR is up for renewal at the end of the month and am hoping to shift completely to Venture X. Meanwhile, the Capital One travel portal is down as I write this.
Agree with other C1 refunded mine in 3 business days.
Chase is also very good refunding on promotions within a few dats.

Citi bank is a 2 billing cycle disaster which is one of many reasons I never will do business with Citi bank.

In this day of technology a credit should be posted within 2 days UNLSS a bank has a gimmick holing it up.

Go to facebook, C1, file a message complaint, social media helps some issues easily.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 8:58 pm

Hope above who waiting for $300 credit for a while received soon since DOC said system restored.
If there is any New booking, it will be appreciated you can share DP how soon C1 Post credit now

thx
Old Oct 12, 2022, 8:01 am

same here, card was charged $318 on 9/20 for a stay in Nov but no stmt cr as of today; just made a different booking for $306 earlier today for stay in Dec, hope a cr will be issued in next few days...

my acct's AF will be be posted next month; do folks know how long C1 would refund AF after the it's posted? Thx
Old Oct 12, 2022, 7:11 pm

My AF hit same as yours. I think C1 annual fee can be refund if closing account within 30 days of AF post.
However, if they didn't credit $300 before that, that will be dilimma to close it or keep this card.
Waiting for your recent booking DP , Let us know if new booking credit show up soon. thx
Old Oct 12, 2022, 10:04 pm
mia

Originally Posted by aopluu
....C1 annual fee can be refund if closing account within 30 days of AF post.
No, look at your paper or PDF statement. The cancellation period is tied to the closing date of the statement which includes the Renewal Notice, not the statement which bills the fee.

How can I Avoid Membership Fees? If a Renewal Notice is printed on this statement, you may avoid paying an annual membership Fee by contacting Customer Service no later than 45 days after the last day in the Billing Cycle covered by this statement to request that we close your account. To avoid paying amonthly membership Fee, close your account and we will stop assessing your monthly membership Fee.
nsx and danhouston like this.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by HankAAFlyer
I did a United flight booking with Capital One Travel - charge posted Sept 10 and today is 10/1, no credit yet. It will be annoying to have to call Customer Service, I was going to wait for 2 bill cycles to pass to see if the credit posts automatically, but with other data points of 2 days and 4 days to post, doesn't seem too promising.
I'm in a similar boat. My charge on Sep 1 credited on Sep 6, but then my 5 additional charges from Sep 10 through the end of Sep still have not credited. It seems like something probably broke with auto-crediting between Sep 1 and 10.

I called customer service and was told that there is nothing they can do until 2 billing cycles have elapsed. After 2 billing cycles, if it still hasn't credited, then the frontline customer service team can open a case for a manager to manually issue the credit.
nsx and HankAAFlyer like this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by mia
No, look at your paper or PDF statement. The cancellation period is tied to the closing date of the statement which includes the Renewal Notice, not the statement which bills the fee.

How can I Avoid Membership Fees? If a Renewal Notice is printed on this statement, you may avoid paying an annual membership Fee by contacting Customer Service no later than 45 days after the last day in the Billing Cycle covered by this statement to request that we close your account. To avoid paying amonthly membership Fee, close your account and we will stop assessing your monthly membership Fee.
When does the renewal notice appear in relation to the annual fee being assessed? Is it on the statement right before the one that would have the AF on it??

Also, most issuers don't like when a card is closed less than a year after opening, at least when a SUB is involved. The general consensus is to let the AF post, and cancel within 30 days. This is how it works with most issuers. Would this effectively be similar?
Old Oct 14, 2022, 8:39 am
mia

Originally Posted by g289t
When does the renewal notice appear in relation to the annual fee being assessed? Is it on the statement right before the one that would have the AF on it??
Correct. This means you have about 15 days to cancel after the fee posts.
g289t likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Correct. This means you have about 15 days to cancel after the fee posts.
if i may clarify that let's say AF is posted on Nov 1, C1 will issue a full refund up til Dec 15, correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.