C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Old Oct 14, 2022, 9:55 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by danhouston
if i may clarify that let's say AF is posted on Nov 1, C1 will issue a full refund up til Dec 15, correct?
No. The 45 days is measured from the statement on which the Renewal Notice appears, which is one month before the Annual Fee is billed.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
I booked a hotel through C1 Travel Portal on Oct 4 for $180. If I understand correctly this charge should be reimbursed from the C1 Venture X $300 annual travel credit. Am I correct in my understanding?

Does it matter if I have already offset the charge with points?

Not seeing the reimbursement yet. Wondering if I did or interpret something incorrectly.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by happychic
I booked a hotel through C1 Travel Portal on Oct 4 for $180. If I understand correctly this charge should be reimbursed from the C1 Venture X $300 annual travel credit. Am I correct in my understanding?
Yes, that is my understanding.

Originally Posted by happychic
Does it matter if I have already offset the charge with points?
Not sure if that will mess things up or not. I'd call customer service (they don't have chat or email available.)
happychic likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:12 pm

I just spoke to customer service about my hotel booking from 9/21 which they still have not credited my account with the $300 Annual Travel Credit.

Again, the CS rep reiterated that I couldn't escalate the issue of the missing credit until after 2 billing cycles (which will put me mid-November) but she did admit that they know about the issue and the time period that it seems to have affected. She indicated that they were actively trying to resolve the issue before the 60 days was up and the hope was that it would fix itself, but that there was no guarantee. I suspect that the reps are getting a lot of calls about these missing credits. It is very annoying to have to keep calling in to follow up on these issues and then to be told that if I have to escalate it will take another 10-12 business days to get the manual credit in my account.
snotrocket22 likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by SusanTodd
It is very annoying to have to keep calling in to follow up on these issues...
I agree.

You know it wouldn't be as bad if they had something like Chase does where you can just send of a message to customer service, then come back and read the answer in a day or two vs having to call and waste 30+ minutes on hold waiting for a Capital One rep.
nsx likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by snotrocket22
I agree.

You know it wouldn't be as bad if they had something like Chase does where you can just send of a message to customer service, then come back and read the answer in a day or two vs having to call and waste 30+ minutes on hold waiting for a Capital One rep.
C1 is trying, but they just aren't there yet. Hopefully, they will continue to improve if they want to compete with the big boys.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by aopluu
Hope above who waiting for $300 credit for a while received soon since DOC said system restored.
If there is any New booking, it will be appreciated you can share DP how soon C1 Post credit now

thx
First time booking via C1 travel portal on 10/12, still no credit.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 10:51 pm

I think C1 is trying to postpone the credit intentionally. Since most of ppl who got this card around Nov 2022 when X1 card lanuch w/ 100k bonus offer. If system can make it delay issue $300 credit, C1 can keep customers who wanna close account while next yr annual fee hit.

if you close account before $300 credit appear, u will lose it. So that might be strategy from C1 to keep customers to pay next AF, also avoid many retention offer request.
Old Oct 24, 2022, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by aopluu
I think C1 is trying to postpone the credit intentionally. Since most of ppl who got this card around Nov 2022 when X1 card lanuch w/ 100k bonus offer. If system can make it delay issue $300 credit, C1 can keep customers who wanna close account while next yr annual fee hit.

if you close account before $300 credit appear, u will lose it. So that might be strategy from C1 to keep customers to pay next AF, also avoid many retention offer request.
seems likely 🙁
wish i did it earlier this yr like a HH mbr, whose acct got stmt cr within a few days

none of my hotel booking posted on Sept 21 & Airbnb's posted on Oct 12 got a credit
Old Oct 28, 2022, 12:45 pm

I don't think I'm willing to continue to put in this much work just to keep this card.

My annual fee hits in January - if they can't get their Portal Booking Credit screw-up fixed, I'll end up canceling the Venture X.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by jhurwitz
I'm in a similar boat. My charge on Sep 1 credited on Sep 6, but then my 5 additional charges from Sep 10 through the end of Sep still have not credited. It seems like something probably broke with auto-crediting between Sep 1 and 10.
My remaining credit eventually posted (automatically) on Oct 27.
nsx likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 4:41 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jhurwitz
My remaining credit eventually posted (automatically) on Oct 27.
Ditto.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 4:26 pm

The VX is designed for frequent travelers, so why are people waiting until nearly the end of their cardmember year to use it for travel? I used my $300 credit for a flight within days of receiving the card and used the $200 credit to book a hotel through Airbnb within a week. I had used both credits before my first billing statement.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by TTT103
The VX is designed for frequent travelers, so why are people waiting until nearly the end of their cardmember year to use it for travel? I used my $300 credit for a flight within days of receiving the card and used the $200 credit to book a hotel through Airbnb within a week. I had used both credits before my first billing statement.
Maybe .... life happens? I'm glad you're able to use your credits so quickly, but c'mon, have a little empathy for people not in your situation.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by droningwaves
... have a little empathy for people not in your situation.
No, that was good advice, and coddling would not be helpful. The best option for next year would be to start early, now that we know what to expect from this CC. Book refundable flights or lodging, so there's no risk of wasting this travel allowance.

Last edited by MaxVO; Nov 1, 2022 at 5:57 pm Reason: more thoughts on this

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.