C1 Venture X $300 Travel Booking credit

Old Nov 7, 2022, 1:23 pm
  #151  
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: California
Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Posts: 21,549
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
how it will change my life, make me lose 20 pounds and have beautiful women flock to me
You don't get that from a credit card. You get that from FlyerTalk!
eponymous_coward likes this.
nsx is offline  
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:02 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 86
Is there any confirmed info about when a booking can be made to get year 2's $300 credit? My first statement started on Nov 9 but ended on Nov 22 for some reason. Every statement thereafter has been ~1 month, as expected, so I've already had 12 statements close. I'm guessing the next one won't close until ~Nov 22. Do you think I can book now, or on the 9th or the 22nd?
travelcards is offline  
Old Nov 8, 2022, 11:21 am
  #153  
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 277
My annual fee just hit. Has anyone confirmed if you are safe to make your bookings for the second year credit after the annual fee hits?
daw4888 is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2022, 10:15 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by daw4888
My annual fee just hit. Has anyone confirmed if you are safe to make your bookings for the second year credit after the annual fee hits?
I just spoke to a rep and they seemed to say so. My AF hasn't hit yet, even though it's been a year since we opened the account. Out of curiosity, did your AF hit on your anniversary or on your statement close date or some other day?
travelcards is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:08 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,055
Originally Posted by travelcards
I just spoke to a rep and they seemed to say so. My AF hasn't hit yet, even though it's been a year since we opened the account. Out of curiosity, did your AF hit on your anniversary or on your statement close date or some other day?
mine is on the closing date before the acct annv
danhouston is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:20 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by danhouston
mine is on the closing date before the acct annv
Like right before the annv or several days before? I'm very confused by the difference between my annv and my closing date
travelcards is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2022, 3:47 pm
  #157  
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,244
November 9 is the anniversary date of the Venture X launch. Those approved on the first day should be good to go for another $300 travel credit.
dayone is offline  
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:05 pm
  #158  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by dayone
November 9 is the anniversary date of the Venture X launch. Those approved on the first day should be good to go for another $300 travel credit.
"Should" being the operate word
dollar likes this.
travelcards is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:23 pm
  #159  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 86
In my Capital One app, in the Rewards section under the Benefits tab, the Annual Travel Credit tile now indicates how much of the credit has been used. For me it says that I have used all of the credit and that the "benefit renews in November 2022". So I take that to mean that it hasn't renewed yet (even though it's past my anniversary date).
shalin99 likes this.
travelcards is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:31 pm
  #160  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: HI
Posts: 40
I just checked my Cap One app, under benefits, it says my $300 credit has not been used and it renews in November 2023, so looks like I'm good to go for the 2nd year credit. My 10,000 points have not yet been credited though. Annual fee hit Saturday, 11/6 even though I applied on 11/10/21.
travelcards likes this.
Napagoer is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:36 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by Napagoer
I just checked my Cap One app, under benefits, it says my $300 credit has not been used and it renews in November 2023, so looks like I'm good to go for the 2nd year credit. My 10,000 points have not yet been credited though. Annual fee hit Saturday, 11/6 even though I applied on 11/10/21.
Nice. That makes my case even more confusing lol. I applied on 11/09/21. No AF yet.
travelcards is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:46 pm
  #162  
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Miami, Mpls & London
Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Posts: 48,697
Originally Posted by travelcards
....I applied on 11/09/21. No AF yet.
On which date was your original annual fee posted?
mia is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2022, 1:54 pm
  #163  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 86
Originally Posted by mia
On which date was your original annual fee posted?
11/11/21
travelcards is offline  
Old Nov 10, 2022, 7:18 pm
  #164  
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 12,244
Originally Posted by Napagoer
I just checked my Cap One app, under benefits, it says my $300 credit has not been used and it renews in November 2023, so looks like I'm good to go for the 2nd year credit.
Same for me.
dayone is offline  
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:54 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: SEA/NYC/IAD
Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
Posts: 1,888
My annual fee posted November 7th. My benefits meter shows $0 used on the travel benefit.
Polytonic is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.