Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:17 pm

These bozos go by the letter of the law. People can show up at the land border at 72 hours and 1 minute and there is zero leeway. At YYZ the guy looked at my vaccination dates and started counting the days. You are a fool to take the risk. The stress and lack of peace of mind alone is not worth trying to fight city hall. Customs agents used to have a lot of discretion. Now with Arrivecan their job is checking the boxes. Time of day is irrelevant. It is the number of days since second shot.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 8:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
These bozos go by the letter of the law. People can show up at the land border at 72 hours and 1 minute and there is zero leeway. At YYZ the guy looked at my vaccination dates and started counting the days. You are a fool to take the risk. The stress and lack of peace of mind alone is not worth trying to fight city hall. Customs agents used to have a lot of discretion. Now with Arrivecan their job is checking the boxes. Time of day is irrelevant. It is the number of days since second shot.
LOL the bozos against the fool, that's going to get interesting
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
LOL the bozos against the fool, that's going to get interesting
And the bozos always win unfortunately when fools try to cut corners.
bcard519 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
So uh I did my YVR arrival test around 1920 on July 23.

I have a friend who did his YVR arrival test around 1400 on July 24.

He got his results back almost 48 hours ago.

I'm still waiting. I'm also back in SFO.

Do not depend on the arrival test for anything.
Adam Smith likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:35 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
And the bozos always win unfortunately when fools try to cut corners.
Perhaps, we'll see. All I can say is the bozos' own app ArriveCAN allows upload of vaccine proof for a date 14 days prior the date of arrival in the country (upload of vaccine proof is deactivated if 13 days or less), in other words the cutoff they use in the app is 14 not 15.

Fool trying to cut corners, or bozos that cannot get their own **** together
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AC SE
still waiting for my biron test taken on Sunday evening at YUL, Closing in on 72 hours. Colleague flew via yyz and got his results within 24 hrs.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 10:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
still waiting for my biron test taken on Sunday evening at YUL, Closing in on 72 hours. Colleague flew via yyz and got his results within 24 hrs.
Be patient. I know it's easier said than done. I got tested at 17h16 on 24 July with Biron at YUL. I got my results at 19h07 on 27 July. That's almost 74 hours.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 11:27 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Does LifeLabs send out a Day 8 kit to those who are fully vaccinated and therefore exempt from quarantine? I just got a new kit from them. I'm not sure whether it's a second replacement kit (see my previous post) or a Day 8 kit that arrived on Day 11. Or maybe the kit I received yesterday was the Day 8 kit and this one is the replacement... Either way, it was neither expected nor needed.

What a mess.

On another note, the girl who observed my test last night told me that the timeline expectation is now 48-72 hours from when their lab receives the kit, no longer 48-72 hours from when FedEx picks it up.

So I might not have a test result until about Day 15.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC-SE, IHG Ambassador, National Executive, LHW
Good evening
First time poster but long-time reader. Travelling to YUL from LIS on the 9th August. My wife and I are both Canadian citizens and Portuguese residents. We got our 2 doses Covid19 vaccine (Pfizer-Comirnaty) more than 2 weeks ago already. We have our EU digital Covid19 vaccination certificate in both Portuguese and English issued by the Health Ministry.

Seeking info if anyone has experience on the following question: in the ArriveCan, we will have to upload our vaccination certificate. However the EU certificate does not show both dates but only the last vaccination date (2nd jab). It does specify both doses were received (2/2) however. so we will upload twice the same certificate. Will that create an issue or be accepted by the app and the border agent.

In the Portuguese health app, we do have a section for all vaccines that a resident gets in his lifetime and both Covid vaccine are listed. if required we could show the screen to the border agent and the app is in English.

Many thanks for any input any of you may provide.

​​​​​​​Have a great evening
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:16 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Should I be concerned about a 1h 40m connection in YVR arriving from the USA in early August? Didn't think much of it when I booked it but now realizing that I'll have to do an arrival test in that time...

In case it makes a difference, I'm a fully vaccinated Canadian citizen flying AC J on both legs. Arriving flight is AC 561 from SFO landing at 11:50am on an A321 that's less than half full according to the seat map on EF. Connecting to AC 116 to YYZ at 1:30pm.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:35 pm

Programs: DL- PM, AA-PlatPro
Any experience with uploading vaccine proof? Canadian citizen who got vaccinated in the US... I have a CDC card but I have also got my vaccination status entered into the system in BC. Should I upload both the BC printout (which doesn't look like much) and the CDC card? Thanks!
spartacus81 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 1:46 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by pleasure
Seeking info if anyone has experience on the following question: in the ArriveCan, we will have to upload our vaccination certificate. However the EU certificate does not show both dates but only the last vaccination date (2nd jab). It does specify both doses were received (2/2) however. so we will upload twice the same certificate. Will that create an issue or be accepted by the app and the border agent.
IIRC that is exactly what I did, upload the same image/document twice (mine shows both jab dates).

Oh and welcome to FlyerTalk (OK, posting to FT )

Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Should I be concerned about a 1h 40m connection in YVR arriving from the USA in early August? Didn't think much of it when I booked it but now realizing that I'll have to do an arrival test in that time...
Pretty darn quiet that time of the day when I arrived about two and a half weeks ago.

There is no longer a way not to leave secure area, so you will have to re-clear security at YVR.

But certainly doable with ontime arrival and no major snags.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:20 pm

Programs: Air Canada A35K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Pretty darn quiet that time of the day when I arrived about two and a half weeks ago.

There is no longer a way not to leave secure area, so you will have to re-clear security at YVR.

But certainly doable with ontime arrival and no major snags.
Thanks! Would you recommend an on-site test or a take-home test, assuming the priority is to avoid issues with the connection and I don't mind isolating at home for a few days if need be.

Incidentally my flights are on August 7, I'm missing the end of the arrival test by two measly days
Old Jul 28, 2021, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by rmp_king
Any experience with uploading vaccine proof? Canadian citizen who got vaccinated in the US... I have a CDC card but I have also got my vaccination status entered into the system in BC. Should I upload both the BC printout (which doesn't look like much) and the CDC card? Thanks!
Ignore BC. Just upload cdc card. There is only one opportunity to upload each vaccination shot and BC could be seen as a duplicate.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:46 pm

Ignore BC. Just upload cdc card. There is only one opportunity to upload each vaccination shot and BC could be seen as a duplicate.
Perhaps if you create a single pdf with both the cdc card and BC proof? I have a "certificate" I got from the pharmacy in the US, and was also thinking of including that along with the cdc card for extra proof. But yeah, not sure if it would just end up confusing things. Seems like the cdc cards are being accepted without issues so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.