Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Canada
Reload this Page >

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada officials say vaxx req for visitors, random testing to end by 30 Sept.2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus81
Perhaps if you create a single pdf with both the cdc card and BC proof? I have a "certificate" I got from the pharmacy in the US, and was also thinking of including that along with the cdc card for extra proof. But yeah, not sure if it would just end up confusing things. Seems like the cdc cards are being accepted without issues so far.
You are only looking for trouble. Use the cdc card and nothing else as that is what they are looking for.
EmailKid, CorSter and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:01 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Does it really matter what we upload? What I suspect is if a traveller has the proof in hand at the border, this is what matters. Not so much what was uploaded or not... who is looking at it before you arrive anyway?
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by etgohomeok
Thanks! Would you recommend an on-site test or a take-home test, assuming the priority is to avoid issues with the connection and I don't mind isolating at home for a few days if need be.

Incidentally my flights are on August 7, I'm missing the end of the arrival test by two measly days
The home kit is definitely going to be faster to get you out of there, but when I entered on Friday evening, there was absolutely no line for the actual test, so it took an extra 3 minutes.

You can make up your mind when you get there, as you'll have a much better idea of the actual arrival time and how big the lines are.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:37 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Thanks! Would you recommend an on-site test or a take-home test, assuming the priority is to avoid issues with the connection and I don't mind isolating at home for a few days if need be.
They just automatically gave me home kit since I had a connection (which I was able to decline and give back ), but from every post about take home kit, it's better to do it at the airport if there is enough time.

That said, while arrival was easy (I walk fast so passed both FC pax to enter Canada), departures was a scrum

A controlled scrum, and in the end didn't take quite as long as it appeared when one saw all the pax waiting to clear security, but I had a five hour connection so was not at all concerned.

So it's very doable, but I would not linger anywhere
Old Jul 28, 2021, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by escape4
Does it really matter what we upload? What I suspect is if a traveller has the proof in hand at the border, this is what matters. Not so much what was uploaded or not... who is looking at it before you arrive anyway?
You are trying to make sense out of nonsense. The nail that sticks out gets hammered. You need to follow arrivecan exactly. The agent only checks boxes. Discretion, common sense and flexibility passed away with covid. Inspection has moved from your arrival to arrivecan. My last visit was shortly after my 14th day post-second vaccination. This was flagged on arrivecan before I arrived.
LETTERBOY likes this.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Jul 28, 2021 at 4:53 pm
Old Jul 28, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
What's the benefit of doing arrival testing vs take home test? I will be connect in YYZ to YVR from the US.
beepyou likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by valdor
Maybe, but if possible I don't think it'll make sense financially as you have to ship your sample back to their lab in KY (using the included UPS box, which only includes domestic shipping).
Originally Posted by Finkface
I bring the BinaxNow tests with me to Canada to use on return to the US. I have a few of them with me now.
oops forgot about that aspect regarding those amazon tests.

so the binaxnow tests do not require shipping back to a lab, but require someone to watch you perform the test, for the purpose of validity for international travel.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by abc5
so the binaxnow tests do not require shipping back to a lab, but require someone to watch you perform the test, for the purpose of validity for international travel.
Correct. You do the test online with emed so you need a device with a webcam. They will direct you where to point the cam, you do the test in front of them and then wait 15 minutes for the result with them watching the test card.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:07 am

Programs: WS Gold, AC 75K, Hertz PC, National EE, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Bills Mafia
Originally Posted by Finkface
Correct. You do the test online with emed so you need a device with a webcam. They will direct you where to point the cam, you do the test in front of them and then wait 15 minutes for the result with them watching the test card.
But they don't ship to Canada correct?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:35 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by bcard519
But they don't ship to Canada correct?
Correct. You must have them shipped to the US.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 3:40 pm

Thanks! Would you recommend an on-site test or a take-home test, assuming the priority is to avoid issues with the connection and I don't mind isolating at home for a few days if need be
At YYZ T1 today, you were not offered a choice -- it was strictly take home. There was no at-airport testing.
jackmaninov likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:13 pm

Programs: SAS Gold, Aegean Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by yyzsfoflyer
At YYZ T1 today, you were not offered a choice -- it was strictly take home. There was no at-airport testing.
Do you mean for connecting passengers or for all passengers?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 5:33 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, NEXUS
Originally Posted by yyzsfoflyer
Originally Posted by jetplane86
Do you mean for connecting passengers or for all passengers?
I am assuming that this would be for all passengers. YYZ uses Switch Health for the on-site test, so it would make sense if they did not use on-site testing as it would be Switch Health either way.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:57 pm

Starting August 9, children under 5 only need to avoid group settings and will be exempt from quarantining and testing (before departure or after arrival) ?
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
How to facilitate home covid test-arriving from USA; for YOW-YVR flight 48 h later?

Daughter arrived at YOW from LGA via YYZ today.

Was not given covid test on arrival (?probably too busy?)- given home test.

Booked (on a cancellation Aeroplan award ticket under my SE account) 2 days later - ie 2 days from now (Sat evening after 5 pm).

Just did home covid test.

But Purolator not scheduled to pick up package until tomorrow in the 1 pm to 5 pm range.

Would Purolator package arrive tomorrow evening at lab - how quickly can lab in Mississauga do the test and convey results to herself and to government authorities?

Does the lab do test results all (long) weekend?

Can we facilitate delivery? Maybe by taking it to local Ottawa Purolator shipping office tomorrow at 7 am - and perhaps paying out of pocket for same day delivery?

Any other options for getting test done in time for Sat flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.