Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I disagree. My other very rarely travels for work on anything other that super cheap tickets (so no TP's there) and holidays are invariably miles funded. She might rack up a couple of hundred TP's from weekends away but certainly not enough for Silver. So, for some of us it is a reasonable benefit, especially given the work trips.
I'm sure you're in the minority. You only need say, 3 CE trips to Euroland (thats 240 TPs), 1 trip a year in WT+ MFUed to J (that's 150 TPs minimum) and 1 trip a year in J, GUed to F (that's 240 TPs minimum).

That's already 630 without too much effort. We get all the family up to about 1000 TPs a year, but then may be we take too many holidays.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
I would have to disagree. Top tier status (in the form of GGL) is worth FAR more than regular Gold, and is exactly the reason why it makes sense to stay with BA.

Notes they can put in the bookings make you sound very important to BA, and put you high up the upgrade list.

And the biggest advantage - one phone call or email and everything is fixed, all done for you behind the scenes.
Okay I'll give it a go, just seems waiting another 2 years is a little excessive!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
I'm sure you're in the minority.
I'm not sure that he is... I am in the same boat. In the last 5 years I havent paid for any of my wife's trips on BA - they have all been miles funded.

The silver card is nice for her to have in the event that she travels alone - which is rare, however. The only thing I have yet to work out is if I can use this years silver card gift to keep her current account at silver or will I have to open a new account for her?
Old Aug 7, 2007, 4:41 am

I remember reading in the T and Cs about responsorship - so you should just be able to keep her current one
Old Aug 7, 2007, 5:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Gold
I have not had the need to contact BA GGL for a good few weeks. The other day they called me

I had been on a flight that was delayed and they just wanted to apologise for this. I had no reason to complain or anything like that as I was not in any rush.

My next lot of flights will be starting again in a few weeks so no doubt I will need to harass them again then.^

I agree with a few others when they say they are good. I do like having just one contact when I can. It saves having to run through everything time and time again. The email is good if you happen to be in some distant time zone.

I would stick with BA because of what gets done for me. It is a greater attraction than having gold with various others.

Anyone know if it is just UK members that use this number or do any Euros use it??
Old Aug 7, 2007, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The next test is going to be unpicking a major pickle with the posting of some flights to my account. I feel sorry for whoever gets that one!
Not a problem. They've just helped me get miles/TPs which didn't post for flights where there was a MFU/GUFT.

Just call, or email the details. They simply put it in the right format onto a form and sent it direct to the person that deals with this. Correct miles/TPs posted today, 2 days later, just as they promised.

This certainly beats calling the membership line about 10 times, and waiting weeks for the missing miles to (may be) appear.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:04 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond

This certainly beats calling the membership line about 10 times, and waiting weeks for the missing miles to (may be) appear.
Although with any proper airline this would work for their elite members.

I can't believe how you guys are raving about a service that has been providied by BA simply to make up for gross inefficiency on the part of the rest of the organisation. Most of the things I see here should bloody happen in the first place regardless of whether you pay the airline squillions a year.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Moomba

I can't believe how you guys are raving about a service that has been providied by BA simply to make up for gross inefficiency on the part of the rest of the organisation. Most of the things I see here should bloody happen in the first place regardless of whether you pay the airline squillions a year.
You're just sore you're not on the list
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
You're just sore you're not on the list
Now now, nobody likes a showoff!
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Now now, nobody likes a showoff!
But I didn't say that I was now did I?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes and no. I've been top tier on SQ, BD and LH (pre HON) over the years, well as Plat on AA and various other odds and sods. I have to say none of them have exactly impressed with their super hot service for elite members. SQ and LH were especially crap at many things. In fact, AA's service has been better than most, despite only being PlatScum.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:37 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes and no. I've been top tier on SQ, BD and LH (pre HON) over the years, well as Plat on AA and various other odds and sods. I have to say none of them have exactly impressed with their super hot service for elite members. SQ and LH were especially crap at many things. In fact, AA's service has been better than most, despite only being PlatScum.
Perhaps I have just been spoilt by the superior customer service I get from AA as an EXP.

The point I was trying to make whilst it is fine have a super elite status that gets some extra benefit, like more award availability etc., shouldn't BA do something about fixing some of the problems discussed in this thread?

Surely they would be better off not pissing people off in the first place rather than schmoozing their top 3000 customers when the inevitable happens?

Or does BA think it can survive just on the income of the top 3000 whilst the rest of us Gold bugger off elsewhere?
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
But I didn't say that I was now did I?
No you didn't, I naturally assumed that you would be top of their list though.
Old Aug 8, 2007, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Jimmie76
No you didn't, I naturally assumed that you would be top of their list though.
Why thank you
Old Aug 8, 2007, 8:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Surely they would be better off not pissing people off in the first place rather than schmoozing their top 3000 customers when the inevitable happens?

Or does BA think it can survive just on the income of the top 3000 whilst the rest of us Gold bugger off elsewhere?
What's the saying? Look after the pennies, and the pounds look after themselves? Kind of the opposite of this, isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.