Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
I read both posts and I'm struggling to remember!
Old Oct 1, 2007, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Teece
I read both posts and I'm struggling to remember!
Well I've given up hoping to get on the list anyway
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
What did I miss? Darn it!
If it is the post i remember, nothing especially controversial at all. Sorry.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:06 am

Yes, the usual Smirnoff ramblings of no consequence.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 10:19 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Indeed! A rather surreal afternoon tale involving identically named superheroes who could transport afar many people in very convulted ways for very little.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Gold
So much mystery what has been missed here??
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pyeinthesky
What did I miss? Darn it!
Absolutely nothing that Newcastle can't do for you. And may be with a little less fuss.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Despite the whole service in general working great, I just wondered if anyone else has had any issues with the GGL recently? For example anything promised that they let you down on, or anything that GGL did and someone else undid, or any big inconsistencies between what different individuals can/will do. I will not go into more detail here except that I still have what I consider to be an unresolved issue. If any other GGL folk want to PM me, I would be happy to (and it may be useful to) share information.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Oct 4, 2007 at 2:53 pm
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
I'm confused as to the threshold for GGL. The consensus here seems to be 3000TPs but a friend (not here) mentioned they got in with only 2500TPs.

Or is there a subjective element to eligibility?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by Cyba
I'm confused as to the threshold for GGL. The consensus here seems to be 3000TPs but a friend (not here) mentioned they got in with only 2500TPs.

Or is there a subjective element to eligibility?

There is a subjective element, and I too know of cases where <3000TPs were enough. See my earlier post in this thread. I simply don't think it's rules-based. A bit like the old Amex Centurion card - no firm rules, so it's not like you could go and "demand" one.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 6:00 pm

Priority List

Sorry nothing negative to say from this end so far. I tend to deal directly with my agent at the moment unless they are closed or it’s a miles issue. I am very well looked after by the BA team and think it would be unfair of me to comment otherwise. I just hope I make it on next year

Keep up the good work folks
Old Dec 3, 2007, 4:00 pm

So has there been any new additions to the GGL over the past few months ??

I think I am in for another year although have not been advised either way. The 3000+ stage was passed ages ago so I guess im safe.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by linenbasket
Oh to be important.
Would kill for 2 F or J seats (or any combination of them) to EZE and back in the first two weeks of Jan... was told 'no chance' when I called up a few weeks ago
There is another way...

I got my TLV F seats booked for October 2008 by waiting up past midnight on the day the availability opened. Of course you do have to plan these things a little bit in advance.

I'm now well north of the GGL entrance criteria, although will now not hit 4,500 TPs after all this year, as MHL's been a little bit sick and is grounded from long haul (but thankfully not shorthaul) flights while he gets checked out by those nice men in white coats.

My problem is that I've only met the entrance criteria for one year, so am not expecting a nice letter from Sarah Keyes any time soon. I was thinking of asking the executive assistance people, but don't know if they'll be able to help with this.

/MHL
Old Jan 16, 2008, 1:07 pm

How do we get to know if we are on the GGL for another year ?
Should I take it that as my points are equal to last year I am through the door ?

I called them to ask twice this week but gave up after waiting 15-20 minuets on hold. I presume there are now thousands of new members using the service making it busy.

Has anyone joined or left ?
^
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by execflyer
How do we get to know if we are on the GGL for another year ?
Should I take it that as my points are equal to last year I am through the door ?

I called them to ask twice this week but gave up after waiting 15-20 minuets on hold. I presume there are now thousands of new members using the service making it busy.

Has anyone joined or left ?
^
I am similarly in the dark - I will email them in the morning and if their is any enlightenment I will let you know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.