Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2008, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by execflyer
Have a good day playing talking telephone numbers and hanging up on them.
No need matey, I got through today no problem. Your staff weren't clogging up the lines thanking them for something for changing your TFS flight for free.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 11:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Using GGL at Xmas

I'm hoping to get three tickets in a premium cabin out to Grenada or possibly St Lucia, leaving between Xmas and ney year and returning in the first week of Jan. I will get past 3,000 tp's next week for the second year running and hope to get on GGL. I notice that it is impossible in any class to get back from Greneda or St Lucia in the first week of the new year. So my question is:

Does anyone have experience of using GGL for routes like this which clearly have a blackout at the beginning of the year? Are there t & c's with GGL which exclude busy times or can you pretty much get availability any time? Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by brentford77
Does anyone have experience of using GGL for routes like this which clearly have a blackout at the beginning of the year? Are there t & c's with GGL which exclude busy times or can you pretty much get availability any time? Thanks in advance!
There has to ba A class available (in F) and I or D class available (in J) to use the special redemption.

It works on most F routes, as there is nearly always A class available. It wouldn't work on lots of the Caribbean routes in peak times, because they zero out I and D, and leave only C and J available, which is no use.

Also, you can't redeem into A, I, D if someone else has used the special redemption already on that particular flight (irrespective of cabin).

So, in other words, it is virtually impossible to use this on 3-class services at peak times.
Old Mar 7, 2008, 6:34 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Just wondering.....

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Just received a letter from EC telling me I'm in the "Gold Guest List", which is apparently for people who earn 3,000+ TPs. Main benefit seems to be an annual redemption award for me plus family when no seats available. Anyone else get this?
So, any estimates on how many members on the GGL?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by arir
So, any estimates on how many members on the GGL?
I hear it's the top 1,000 most-travelled Golds.
Old Mar 9, 2008, 12:30 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Any Euro Cheats got GGL yet?
Old Mar 9, 2008, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Au; IHG Pl; Hyatt Au; IC RA; Marriott Pl
For reference, I achieved 3500+ TPs in the year prior to GGL appearing, 2250 the year before, and am on track for a mere 1600 this year. Needless to say, no invite as yet. I guess if I achieve 3000+ next year (which is quite likely), I still wouldn't qualify because of the drop this year.

Anyone feel that BAEC are carving a sculpture here which will eventually materialise as a new tier? Platinum??

Last edited by astralclouds; Mar 9, 2008 at 4:07 pm
Old Mar 10, 2008, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Astra,
Essentially, it already has, they are just fiddling about with the fine tuning.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by chippy63
Astra,
Essentially, it already has, they are just fiddling about with the fine tuning.
Tell us more. Is this going to be branded as a separate tier?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 6:52 am
pdb

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Tell us more. Is this going to be branded as a separate tier?
...and restricted to only certain geographical regions?
Old Mar 12, 2008, 6:55 am
jhm

Originally Posted by mjack99
Any Euro Cheats got GGL yet?
Euro Cheats by definition don't fly OW enough to obtain gold the proper way so how can they get GGL...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jhm
Euro Cheats by definition don't fly OW enough to obtain gold the proper way so how can they get GGL...
Euro Cheats not, at least theres no point being a Euro Cheat if you are doing in excess of 3000 tier points per year anyway.

But surely if there is a Euro member doing over 3500 tier points per year and has done for a few years previously then theres no difference. It would probably open the debate as to whether they are as commercially important as UK Golds due to the lower fares they have access to and thus lower revenue brought in on a like-for-like basis.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I am a Euro BAEC member with an average of over 3.000 TPs a year for the last 5 years....no GGL for Germany though ...
Old Mar 12, 2008, 12:24 pm
C

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Us

Just to confirm 100%, this program does exist for the US?

I did ~3000tp last year, and just finished at 4720 for this year, is
that good enough ?

C
Old Mar 12, 2008, 1:18 pm

Programs: Mucci Gold Class
Originally Posted by jhm
Errm, not quite. I fly enough for BA Gold (2,500 points last year, 1,520 this year so far) AND AA EXP.

Last edited by whmere; Mar 12, 2008 at 1:28 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.