Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by fatmac70
It was back in Jan. I received my pack with all the details and a US contact number.
I have had no reason to use it yet but it does look like they can help after reading Smirnoff's post.
hm, looks like us Europeans (and Africans) are last to receive this benefit...

...but I guess it won't matter to me as I will probably not hit 3.000 TPs anytime soon unless transfers at LHR are fixed and hand luggage is back to two pieces, even though I really like CW ...
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Can I just say a big massive THANK YOU to the GGL team, who spent so much time last week tracking down my missing bag in Moscow (even though it was in the SU system, as it was a BA-SU connection, so not technically a BA "problem").
Pleased to hear that it worked well for you. I know that many customers are very happy with the enhancement to the product and we all look forward to it being rolled out across the whole network.......

Last edited by adrianjc32; Jul 9, 2007 at 4:13 pm
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:00 pm

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
I assume Australian residents are still banned from this even if they commute in F for 20+ returns a year on BA.

Might be worth returning to BA EC for, over the QF card, when I have knocked off lifetime Gold on QF. I would need them to tie up with AA transatlantic on my current pattern to make it as AA through fares and domestic tie ups do not seem to work well when compared with BA across the pond and then AA when travelling around Westpondsville.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 4:54 am

Programs: BA GGL
While I understand BA's wish for this customer discrimination (after all, most businesses recognise their best and most profitable customers), I worry that the downside is continuously slipping standards for everyone else. Although BA have never lost my luggage (touches wood frantically), it seems from reading posts on this forum that your chance of getting it back without any major hassle is slim unless you are a member of the GGL. That seems unacceptable.
Also agents on the normal Gold customer service lines can be absolutely useless at times (although some are very good). I regularly call SQ also, and their telephone support seems much much better to me. It would be disappointing if standards continue to slip for us normal Golds! Or am I being a drama queen?

Also, I now need to decide whether I go for this GGL! I could hit over 3k TPs this year, although a good chunk of my travel is with CX, so they might not count that. The alternative is to hit enough to renew Gold and go for status with CX with the rest. And, yes, I love my shiny cards...
Old Jul 13, 2007, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by Irish lad
Also agents on the normal Gold customer service lines can be absolutely useless at times (although some are very good).
AFAIK the people who answer the Gold line are the same as for other callers at most times, the only benefit I have noticed is a freephone number to call, BFD!

I am sure it has been said but I am sure that the criteria for accession is not simply X TPs in a year, given the fact that there seems to ba a quite small troupe of agents looking after the GGLs I am sure that possible entrants are vetted manually rather than simply judged by the number of TPs earned, which, IMHO, solely act as a trigger for further investigation.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Irish lad
Also, I now need to decide whether I go for this GGL! I could hit over 3k TPs this year, although a good chunk of my travel is with CX, so they might not count that. The alternative is to hit enough to renew Gold and go for status with CX with the rest. And, yes, I love my shiny cards...

Be aware that the GGL membership criteria are not publicised, and there is still some tweaking (and likely expansion) of the service.

While 3000 TPs has been publicised as the criteria for continuing membership, I believe that the current members had to have 3 continuous years of 3500+ TPs, to join.

(Although I'm sure that one of my GGL friends will correct me if I am wrong).
Old Jul 13, 2007, 5:27 am
jhm

Does anything show up on the online BAEC pages to indicate you're a member of GGL ? If not and assuming (say) your letter inviting you to GGL got binned by accident , then would you never know ?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While 3000 TPs has been publicised as the criteria for continuing membership, I believe that the current members had to have 3 continuous years of 3500+ TPs, to join.

(Although I'm sure that one of my GGL friends will correct me if I am wrong).
I don't have the definitive answer, but the 3500 for 3 years would make sense.

jhm, the only other way to find out is to look at the manifest where you show as HVCC.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhm
Does anything show up on the online BAEC pages to indicate you're a member of GGL ?
No, nothing.

Originally Posted by jhm
If not and assuming (say) your letter inviting you to GGL got binned by accident , then would you never know ?
You could probably call the Gold line and ask them.

Or if you want to PM me with your details, I can find out. There are at least 2 of the GGL team that are members of this forum, so I know who to ask.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 3:09 pm
jhm

Or if you want to PM me with your details, I can find out.
My questions were just idle ones - I don't have any illusions whatsoever that I am - or will ever be - a member of the GGL!

(In any event, you probably already have my details given that I'm "someone close" who received a silver card. I wonder if that's worth a few points on my CCV score being closely related to a HVCC... )
Old Jul 13, 2007, 3:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jhm
My questions were just idle ones - I don't have any illusions whatsoever that I am - or will ever be - a member of the GGL!

(In any event, you probably already have my details given that I'm "someone close" who received a silver card. I wonder if that's worth a few points on my CCV score being closely related to a HVCC... )
You're right, I do.

But in answer, you wouldn't necessarily know if you hadn't received the letter and (very flimsy) card.
Old Jul 13, 2007, 4:00 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
You're right, I do.

But in answer, you wouldn't necessarily know if you hadn't received the letter and (very flimsy) card.
Lucky Mrs S didn't put it out for recycling, eh?
Old Jul 19, 2007, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just wondering if anyone's got any other GGL experinces to report.

The team has done some fantastic things for me recently, including:

- Secured me great seats, when I changed flights within T-24 and had no seat assigned, and OLCI was not available for me.

- Helped reunite me with my missing bags twice, even when they were actually being sent back by SU (first time) and AZ (second time). With the second case - despite being in an AZ pile at T2 - it appears someone from BA went over to T2 and picked it out, and BA got it sent to me from LHR.

- Compensation (for "essential" items after baggage delayed) approved within a day, and a cheque received in full (almost £500) from Waterside within a week.

- Arranged a replacement bag free of charge from Antler (I didn't even ask for it, they offered it to me), delivered next day, to replace one beaten up on a trip.

- Helped with some other seating issues, getting us seated together where the system did not allow this.

- Helped with some interesting routing questions, and re-routing of existing tickets. Always very knowledgeable and give the answers immediately, as well as sorting out any ticket revalidations/re-issuing in seconds.

- Always answer the phone within less than a second, only once had to wait about 50 seconds, and they apologised for the delay.

- And probaby the nicest thing is getting to know the guys and girls that work there. A great team.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Jul 19, 2007 at 2:32 am
Old Jul 19, 2007, 3:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR & BAEC Lifetime Gold, VS Red, EK Blue, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Gold, Marriot Silver
Just wondering if anyone's got any other GGL experinces to report.
Smirnoff, I couldnt agree more with what you've said, they are indeed the nicest and most helpful people.

On Monday eve I was on a Tel Aviv flight that got delayed by 16hrs due to a tech problem. Whilst on the plane waiting to find out if we were going to go or not I phoned them up and asked them to get me on the early morning flight the next morning. I had tried to get on it when I booked the ticket and was told it was full. Lo and behold, a J seat is made available.

Having waited for almost an hour in a queue for a hotel spot, I gave up, booked my own, and BA have told me they'll refund it - quibble-free.

The system of opening up Miles seats is also hassle free - two First tickets to MRU successfully obtained.

What I also like is being able to speak to the same people. The guy I spoke to yesterday re the hotel refund was the same one I spoke to who rebooked my flight on Monday. He remembered me - and that continuity is extremely helpful...

It really is a very valuable service...I just hope its retained and that with another 5000+ TPs this year I'll be retained on the List!
Old Jul 19, 2007, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert
Just received a letter from EC telling me I'm in the "Gold Guest List", which is apparently for people who earn 3,000+ TPs. Main benefit seems to be an annual redemption award for me plus family when no seats available. Anyone else get this?
Last 3 years I've hit over 4,000, over 4,000, over 3,500 (ytd). Prior year (4 yaers ago) was about 2,500.

No invite received.

Wondering whether I have to wait til end of membership year (still a very long way off, am on target for 6,000-7,000 this year). Or whether there's some discretionary "don't award to this class of passenger" system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.