Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2007, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Bloody marvellous. Earn 3-4000 tps a year for about 5 years, retire in 2006, keep Gold by judicious use of I and so on, then they bring this in.
Old May 28, 2007, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by pdb
Has this been established?
I am currently in contact with BA to find out the exact details.
I expect a statement within this week. I certainly have not been "invited" with >3.000 TPs in the last 4 years.
Old Jun 2, 2007, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

First experience with the phone line:

Waited 10 mins for an answer - for which I got a profuse apology for having kept me waiting. Able to get a trip moved to earlier flights, thus enabling an evening in the pub. These were t/a tickets where BA res on the phone have been less than totally helpful in the past...but no problem here. Plus the yound lady was extremely friendly and chatty the whole way through, apologised again at the end for keeping me waiting and also gave me her name so that if I had any further problems so she could help me out without having to repeat myself. ^

An easy-ish starting point, but very encouraging (apart from the wait). Plus there is no sodding touchtone menu or patronising marketing messages to listen to.
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Membership qualification

Well, having been gold for 5 years and having aggregated 6,000 points over the last two years, albeit last year was about 2760 I think, thought I might get an invite. No such luck so wrote to Willies wonderfull H2Oworld. Terse response saying blah blah ...protect best customers...no exceptions, etc. Fair enough, but if they at least published the rules, I could easily have moved a couple of Star flights last year over to BA to hit the 3,000 threshold. With my letter, I sent a copy of my miles and more statement showing around 1000 potential tier points where I have chosen to fly *A over the last 6 months rather than BA. (Largely because I find good redemption possibilities with *A and hence like to accrue some miles there). So it seems the invitation criteria are fairly set in stone. Guess I'll continue to use *A. Flying a lot to Nordic it's become a lot easier now that there are good SK flights from LCY. Also went to NRT in F the other day and gave ANA a try. Frankly way better than BA F.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Gold
There are three of us in my office that I know of on this list. One of them only got the pack through a few weeks back. I dont know why he had to wait way longer than I did?? Perhaps there is some kind of on going selection system?? Anyone know just how many there are on this list??
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by execflyer
There are three of us in my office that I know of on this list. One of them only got the pack through a few weeks back. I dont know why he had to wait way longer than I did?? Perhaps there is some kind of on going selection system?? Anyone know just how many there are on this list??

You may be able to infer the total number of GGLs from the sequence number on your colleague's invitation letter, i.e., the bit after the slash that follows his membership number. Four-digit seq. nos have been reported on this board.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
You may be able to infer the total number of GGLs from the sequence number on your colleague's invitation letter, i.e., the bit after the slash that follows his membership number. Four-digit seq. nos have been reported on this board.

3000 is what I was told.

And 13 of them, the dedicated GGL team.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 12:58 pm

Well thats quite interesting. ^

Will have to ask if they are still adding to it or if thats the end limit at 3000. They must have some system for when people stop flying and new ones can take their place. Its all one big quiz to me...

Wonder what else they have in store for the future.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by execflyer
Well thats quite interesting. ^

Will have to ask if they are still adding to it or if thats the end limit at 3000.
Well does anyone have a GGL Number > 3000 ?
Old Jun 7, 2007, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
GGL is to be introduced for (mainland) Europe and Africa at a "later date".
Old Jun 12, 2007, 4:38 pm

As long as they have their own number. This ones being well used at the moment.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 1:31 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by Rambuster

Do you think they'll use the same Criteria/Threshold as the UK?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can I just say a big massive THANK YOU to the GGL team, who spent so much time last week tracking down my missing bag in Moscow (even though it was in the SU system, as it was a BA-SU connection, so not technically a BA "problem").

They not only found the bag, they kept me updated on which SU flight it was coming back to LHR on, and liaised with AF (SU's baggage agent) about the delivery of the bag back to me, which I finally received on Friday night.

I was also asked to send in receipts for essentials (almost £500).

Today I received a phone call from WW's office, and a lovely lady (an executive assistant) apologised profusely for the inconvenience and advised me that a cheque would be going out to me for the total amount of the cost of my essentials, and an amount of BA Miles for the inconvenience.

I cannot begin to say how helpful they have been, and what wonderful efficient service I received from all the team. They are stars.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 2:30 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Nothing for the Yanks?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP
Originally Posted by pdb
Nothing for the Yanks?
It was back in Jan. I received my pack with all the details and a US contact number.
I have had no reason to use it yet but it does look like they can help after reading Smirnoff's post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.