Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2007, 10:15 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Gold
Thumbs up

I had a few problems while over in JFK the guy sorted it out for me in a few seconds and then emailed me all the details I needed. I sent the email to the team and then had the answers emailed back in seconds all while sat in 1A enjoying the flight snacks before push back. What more could I ask for it was great!!

This has been the case a few times lately I have a good relationship with then now so do the girls in the office. All I say is its a two way street and they certainly know how to look after me.^

:-: :-: :-: :-: :-: service like no other
Old May 21, 2007, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Originally Posted by vSFU
Just spoke to EC and to qualify for GGL you need:
- 2 consecutive years of 3000+ tier points

I don't doubt they said that, but I don't think there is anything automatic about it. It's "by invitation only". Some people around me were guested in but didn't make 3000+ points in their most recent membership year (though they did make 4000+ in the prior 3 years).

I shouldn't think it's the kind of thing you can phone up and demand ("but I accumulated 3010 points two years in a row I demand you make me a GGL").
Old May 21, 2007, 10:21 am

One other thing you may or may not know BA Chauffeurs have arrived. I am yet to use them but will be giving it a trial soon on my next F class trip. ^

I will let you fellow lounge palls know how it goes when we have are next meet up in the lounge.

HKG calls in a few hours
Old May 21, 2007, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
The email I got about the F car service made it sound like it was a special promotion; I vaguely recall a June end-date. Do we know whether it will become permanent?

CX offer it at LHR, so my Asia trips default to CX (not just because of the car service, mind you).
Old May 21, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Just wondering is that 3000+ tier points on BA? Can't see the point of giving this out to someone racking up most of their tier points flying around the U.S. on AA YUP fares.
Old May 21, 2007, 10:43 am
jhm

Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Just wondering is that 3000+ tier points on BA? Can't see the point of giving this out to someone racking up most of their tier points flying around the U.S. on AA YUP fares.
Perhaps there's a minimum CIV score required as well ? Equally, I can't imagine BA giving this out to somebody who takes a week's flying holiday in the Middle East.
Old May 21, 2007, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it helps a chunk (30%+) of my TP's over the years have been CX and to a less extent AA.
Old May 21, 2007, 11:06 am

^
Looks like the Gold Guest List has been well received by all . It is nice to speak to the same person again and again when your calling somewhere, even if it is a airline, you feel more human, rather then getting through to a different person each time, maybe someone in another office and then having to explain a problem again and again.

Old May 21, 2007, 1:52 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I thought you had to pay double the miles to get an Anytime award?
You do have to pay double for an Anytime Award, but the expanded inventory applies to milesaver inventory, as well. I don't redeem frequently, but I've gotten availability when I have seen none available on EF.
Old May 23, 2007, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by execflyer
I had a few problems while over in JFK the guy sorted it out for me in a few seconds and then emailed me all the details I needed. I sent the email to the team and then had the answers emailed back in seconds all while sat in 1A enjoying the flight snacks before push back. What more could I ask for it was great!!
I'm still trying to get a handle on the sort of issues that they are good at helping with or even able to help with.

I don't want to embarrass myself by ringing up and asking for help with something that they simply cannot sort out.

For example, over the years the only things I can think I might have valued some help would be protecting a return portion of a ticket of which I was unable to take the outward part. Of course, it would be great if I had a non-flexible ticket for them to give me a little slack once in a blue moon, but I don't expect this. I well understand that such a system is ripe for abuse. But the alternative of some help which avoids me having to be a completely new ticket might be nice.

Another example would be seating for companions. Can they sort that out? Also, on the rare occasions that I have two people travelling with me, can they sanction this third person's admission to the lounge?
Old May 23, 2007, 4:11 am
jhm

Given the special personal attention you're meant to receive, can't you simply phone them up and ask for some examples ? And suggest examples to see whether they can help ?
Old May 23, 2007, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by jhm
Given the special personal attention you're meant to receive, can't you simply phone them up and ask for some examples ? And suggest examples to see whether they can help ?
I'm just a little too British. Don't want to get into a situation that might be awkward/embarrassing.
Old May 27, 2007, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by The Saint
I'm still trying to get a handle on the sort of issues that they are good at helping with or even able to help with.

I don't want to embarrass myself by ringing up and asking for help with something that they simply cannot sort out.

For example, over the years the only things I can think I might have valued some help would be protecting a return portion of a ticket of which I was unable to take the outward part. Of course, it would be great if I had a non-flexible ticket for them to give me a little slack once in a blue moon, but I don't expect this. I well understand that such a system is ripe for abuse. But the alternative of some help which avoids me having to be a completely new ticket might be nice.

Another example would be seating for companions. Can they sort that out? Also, on the rare occasions that I have two people travelling with me, can they sanction this third person's admission to the lounge?

I am just back from HKG having been called back sooner than expected I got a miles business ticket changed. It did not seem to much of a problem for them. I was alone this time but when I last flew my wife joined me she only has a blue card but they were able to get 2 upper deck seats for me. ^
Old May 27, 2007, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Unless of course you live in mainland Europe where you do not pass go and do not get accepted to the new GGL club and also do not collect a second GUF2 voucher at 3.500 TPs.
Old May 27, 2007, 7:20 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Unless of course you live in mainland Europe where you do not pass go and do not get accepted to the new GGL club ...
Has this been established?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.