Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 5:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Originally Posted by jhm
97 according to The Other Board.
Ahem...

So if a GGL starts at 97, am I right in thinking that it'll be pretty impossible for them to rise to 98 unless they would have reached 98 by their own accord?

Or will the first £500 of net revenue (or whatever the test is) put them on 98?

Cheers
/MHL
Old Jan 27, 2008, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by brentford77
Does anyone know, does the invite get triggered when you hit 3k TPs for the second consecutive year, or does it come at the end of the membership year? Also, does it come by email, mail or what?

Many thanks!
I hope the recent email exchange with GGL is of help

"Dear Sir/Madam

I received the attached email from Ms Keyes at the beginning of December. However, I am a little confused by it and I hoped that you might clarify one issue. The implication is that to sustain my GGL membership I should attain 3000 tier points in my membership year (which I did by year end in July 2007). The email also suggests that I "will receive another Gold Guest List Redemption in December", I have not officially been notified of this, I am to assume that this is automatically available?
I should be grateful if you would clarify this issue for me."

Response
"Dear Dr XXXXX

You will continue to remain on the Gold Guest List as long as you earn 3000 Tier Points each membership year. You now have a further Gold Guest List redemption which has been available since 01 January 2008. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

XXXXX
British Airways Priority Assistance
Old Jan 28, 2008, 3:10 am

Programs: EY Platinum
I like they way they signed off their email to you with lots of kisses.
Old Feb 3, 2008, 7:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
From what I've read, I'm unlikely to get GGL at the end of this membership year (next week) because it's the first year I've done >3,000 TPs (in fact, I went straight from blue->silver->gold from March 2006).

However, is there any possibility that BA will give me GGL status immediately upon hitting 3,000 TPs during in my next membership year? Looking at the diary, it'll probably be some time in April 2008. Or will I have to wait until early February 2009?

If the answer is no, I might keep my business with BA up to 4,500 TPs (to renew my mum's silver card ) and then switch back to Eurostar (most of my trips are CDG and BRU, and not flying should help my sinuses!) or try Air France again (which I used pre March 2006 but who pissed me off for various reasons).

If any BA lurkers in the audience would like to chat about it, feel free to contact me!

Last edited by d'Yquem; Feb 4, 2008 at 10:56 am Reason: typos
Old Feb 4, 2008, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by csdf
I like they way they signed off their email to you with lots of kisses.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Gold
GGL Grating Guitar Line

I have been on hold to them tonight for 28mins so far. Perhaps they could replace the music to stop us getting head aches. It really is the worst thing to listen to for all this time.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by execflyer
I have been on hold to them tonight for 28mins so far. Perhaps they could replace the music to stop us getting head aches. It really is the worst thing to listen to for all this time.

You should pass on your comments. I can PM you the email addresses of who to write to. Certain managers do not believe this problem exists. I have had consistent waits >10 minutes, stressed staff when I do get through, and mistakes made by some of the less competent members. There are strange things going on up there at the moment.

A word of advice - until this is sorted, call the normal Gold line, or use your TA, unless you NEED one of the GGL perks. You may be suprised how quickly you can get though, and how much more time they might have for you at the moment.

Last edited by Smirnoff; Feb 4, 2008 at 2:22 pm
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
You should pass on your comments. I can PM you the email addresses of who to write to. Certain managers do not believe this problem exists. I have had consistent waits >10 minutes, stressed staff when I do get through, and mistakes made by some of the less competent members. There are strange things going on up there at the moment.

A word of advice - until this is sorted, call the normal Gold line, or use your TA, unless you NEED one of the GGL perks. You may be suprised how quickly you can get though, and how much more time they might have for you at the moment.
I called at 7.46 pm tonight, aware that the lines closed at 8 pm, but thinking that this would not be a problem.....after 14 minutes on hold I was promptly disconnected and when I called back got the recorded message telling me the office was closed! Fortunately my query was not urgent (GGL redemption query) but this was actually my first time using the phone service....wasn't overly impressed!
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Deep Vein Eddie
I called at 7.46 pm tonight, aware that the lines closed at 8 pm, but thinking that this would not be a problem.....after 14 minutes on hold I was promptly disconnected and when I called back got the recorded message telling me the office was closed! Fortunately my query was not urgent (GGL redemption query) but this was actually my first time using the phone service....wasn't overly impressed!
That is not good.

14 mins hold time is very bad especially for a contact centre where one would expect a higher level of service than the standard or even pleb gold () exec club lines. I get my wotsits roasted within my depts if we fail to meet or get close to service levels...Accountability...that's the name of the game!

However, as they nicely disconnected your call I'm sure it won't sure in their monthly stats
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff

Are the hold messages the same as on the regular phone service (which still promise the only flat bed in business class!)?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 9:14 am

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Gold
You either get one of the following

Call answered without it even ringing and normally in less than 1 second.

A message to start with saying “thank you for calling all the agents are busy please hold” they then inflict the awful music on you for a few minuets.

If it is a long hold time you just sit there listening to the music wondering if it is worth it.

It has been a few months since I have experienced the first option.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:39 am

I understand that the GGL team have been deployed to assist with issues arising from the BA38 incident. I assume that may have either depleted their team or means that the team is busy having to handle this together with their usual workload.

For my part, I entirely understand this situation and accept that it will mean that it is, for the short term, more difficult to get through on the phone. For any not particularly urgent inquiries, I find that e-mailing is best. It also takes the pressure off in terms of volume of calls.

As Smirnoff says, if you have a inquiry which needs to be dealt with on the telephone but does not need the GGL services, you may think it is, for the meantime, better to ring the main gold no.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by execflyer
You either get one of the following

Call answered without it even ringing and normally in less than 1 second.

A message to start with saying “thank you for calling all the agents are busy please hold” they then inflict the awful music on you for a few minuets.

If it is a long hold time you just sit there listening to the music wondering if it is worth it.

It has been a few months since I have experienced the first option.
You didn't mention the other option:

"We are experiencing an unusually high call volume. Please call back later. CLUNK".

If the call doesn't get answered immediately, it means you're going to be sitting in queue for anything up to an hour. Hang up and dial the normal Gold line instead.

Anything non-urgent, use email, bearing in mind the response time is up to 24 hours. And sometimes emails go "missing" so do request a read receipt, to ensure it was received.

Anything else they used to do - responding to problems and other issues - you can basically forget about at the moment.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:05 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
It's pretty common these days for call centres to have a system that estimates the waiting time for callers so that they can make a decision on whether to wait or not.

Wouldn't it be better to put such a system in place rather than this "from here to eternity" guessing game we are asked to play?
Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:16 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Duplicate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.