FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Gold Guest List (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/693666-gold-guest-list.html)

Lolbert May 16, 2007 3:03 am

Gold Guest List

Just received a letter from EC telling me I'm in the "Gold Guest List", which is apparently for people who earn 3,000+ TPs. Main benefit seems to be an annual redemption award for me plus family when no seats available. Anyone else get this?

The Saint May 16, 2007 3:08 am

Me too. :)

Sazza writes:

Dear Saintly One,

I am delighted to welcome you to the Gold Guest List - and exclusive service designed for our highest value Gold Executive Club members.

In recognition of the consistently high levels of Tier Points you have earned with us, we would like to invite you to be one of the select Gold members to take part in this new premium service. This entitles you to access an extra level of personal service before and after you fly with us - including a dedicated assistance team and a Gold Guest List Redemption*

You can start using all the benefits of the Gold Guest Lits from today. Just take a look at the enclosed information to find out about the exclusive services that await you. To continue enjoying the benefits year on year, you will need to earn a minimum of 3,000 Tier Points in each of your Executive Club membership years.

As this service is still quite new, we'd welcome your feedback and comments - these will help us to shape the Gold Guest List in future, ensuring you get even more from British Airways.

I hope you enjoy being on the Gold Guest List and find it a welcome addition to the service we already provide.

Warm Regards,

Sazza.

* For full conditions of use see reverse of enclosed brochure.
Your given a phone number and an e-mail address.

Brochure says:

Now you can look forward to greater flexibility and a higher level of personal service from a specially trained team. Their only objective is to look after you and take care of your requests before and after any flight you take with us
Mmmm. Wonder how far this goes? Changes to inflexible bookings? Opening up availability? We'll have to see.

Conditions of the Guest Redemption not very extensive. You can book for Member + 4 people. You don't have to travel on the booking. Once a year. Can't be carried forward.

jhm May 16, 2007 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert (Post 7745032)
Main benefit seems to be an annual redemption award for me plus family when no seats available.

Can this be used with the Amex 241 ?

Lolbert May 16, 2007 3:52 am

Doesn't go into that level of detail but don't see why not.

J-Class May 16, 2007 6:34 am

OK, so the deal is: fly a club long-haul return once a month plus the occasional Club Europe flight and you will - at last! - have a chance of burning some airmiles, which for most busy executives are under normal circumstances almost impossible to spend (I've got a balance of 750K and Amex 2-4-1 which I doubt I'll be able to use this year). It is a step in the right direction.

Smirnoff May 16, 2007 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Lolbert (Post 7745117)
Doesn't go into that level of detail but don't see why not.

It really doesn't explain the benefit at all. It says "extra availability", so I assume this means lowest revenue class in each cabin, ie A, I, T class, but it doesn't say. It also doesn't state whether you can MFU into this "extra availability" or GUFT into it, for example.

And could they have picked a less memorable phone number? :confused:

jhm May 16, 2007 9:44 am

Of course, if you can't GUFT, MFU and 241 with the extra availability, then a booking for a family will help deal with the miles mountain which some on this thread have moaned about in the past. :p

The Saint May 16, 2007 9:59 am

Originally Posted by jhm (Post 7746619)
Of course, if you can't GUFT, MFU and 241 with the extra availability, then a booking for a family will help deal with the miles mountain which some on this thread have moaned about in the past. :p

Quite so (as one who has previously so moaned ;) ), but I am wondering whether the "greater flexibility and a higher level of personal service from a specially trained team" comes in here.

Land-of-Miles May 16, 2007 10:01 am

Is this a guaranteed benefit now for >3000 TP's per annum?

If so it is obviously tempting to do a bit of BAH-DOH etc. to build up the required TP's. That is once I regain Gold after my imminent relegation to Silver :(

frankvb May 16, 2007 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 7746720)
Is this a guaranteed benefit now for >3000 TP's per annum?

And if you migrate to other parts of the EU, do you get a lower threshold ;) ? Or are you completely excluded, no matter how many TPs...

latitude May 16, 2007 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb (Post 7747983)
And if you migrate to other parts of the EU, do you get a lower threshold ;) ? Or are you completely excluded, no matter how many TPs...

I'd put my money on the latter :D

J-Class May 16, 2007 4:06 pm

It's not a material improvement if you can't book into F/J/Y classes. Sod's law says there won't be availability in A/D etc. when you actually want to go...

hfly May 16, 2007 10:18 pm

Ba are such fools, and perhaps five years too late, what a tiny carrot to offer. My 3000 and above TP days are over with BA, I fly more than ever but found it just not worth it with BA anymore, way too little too late.

The Saint May 17, 2007 1:22 am

Originally Posted by hfly (Post 7750574)
Ba are such fools, and perhaps five years too late, what a tiny carrot to offer. My 3000 and above TP days are over with BA, I fly more than ever but found it just not worth it with BA anymore, way too little too late.

I think it's too early to judge. It all depends what the "specially trained team" can do for you. It would transform my relationship with BA if these people are able to help out with the little things that can prove to be so very irritating.

By way of example, if I am travelling with someone who is not on my booking, will this "specially trained team" be able to allocate that person a seat. If yes, then ^ ^ ^ . If not, then it will appear to be just another gimmick without much substance. :td: :td: :td: Time will tell.

Smirnoff May 17, 2007 1:41 am

I am told you can use the extra availability any way you want - straight mileage booking, MFU, GUFT, AMEX 241. It's just once a year. You have access to A class, D class (not I, for Club), T class and V class. It doesn't have to be strictly on one PNR. So for 5 people, you can redeem 2 GUFTs, and for the 5th person use MFU. Ex-Eur is ok too (as long as the 241 is not involved).

I can see an ex-ARN trip to SYD for all of us in F on the horizon.

Nice.