Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2008, 2:38 pm
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
I just have to post that my dad was on hold to the UK exec club blue line for 55 minutes last week before he (a) told me off for being a BA supporter; (b) cursed BA something fierce; (c) ended up not changing his ticket after all (due to a medical reason) and (d) hung up before being able to register his displeasure with the company.

By all measures, despicable, deplorable customer service. If I was with him I would have told him to call the US or NL BA lines as a workaround but at the end of the day that's not really cricket isn't it.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deep Vein Eddie
I called at 7.46 pm tonight, aware that the lines closed at 8 pm, but thinking that this would not be a problem.....after 14 minutes on hold I was promptly disconnected and when I called back got the recorded message telling me the office was closed! Fortunately my query was not urgent (GGL redemption query) but this was actually my first time using the phone service....wasn't overly impressed!
It could have been worse.

You could have got answered, after 10 minutes queuing, by an unhelpful and completedly stressed out team member, who rushed through the call, made a mistake, tried to overcharge you, wouldn't listen to you, sent your eticket to someone else's email address, and hurried to get you off the line to desperately try and get the day's performance stats up by 1%.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold Hilton Gold
Called 3 times today and the phone didn’t even ring.

I guess the GB sale really affected these phone lines. It’s good to be back to the usual standard.

A large complicated booking was dealt with perfectly. Top marks to the guy there for getting me out of a potentially costly situation. I will be having my office contact them to say thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:14 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
anyone had any experience / offer to join Euro GGL yet?

I will earn around 3700 TPs this year, but previous years have only been hovering around the 1000 level. I expect to exceed 3000 next year too, and would certainly be incentivised to if I knew GGL might be in the post

Incidentally, if I move back to the UK later this year and take my BAEC account with me, will my membership year and points be re-set?

I could leave it in France as I'll still be visiting that address occasionally.

Also, what news of the 'Gold Desk' phone line Smirnoff mentioned a while back?

TA
HL
Old Feb 14, 2008, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

GGL is back to its poor old self again. Calls are getting cut off ("unusually high call volume....") and put in queues >10minutes. Sigh...

Anyone else in the same position, if you do get through, and are fed up with the under-resourcing of the call centre, keep redialling and hanging up.

This will reflect on their performance (number of dropped calls), and is possibly the only way something will get done to improve staffing.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond, StarAlliance Gold and on and on
Question GGL or I have to revert to SQ !!!

Has anyone recieved an invite to GGL recently? In 2005, 2006 I had well over 3000 TPs, 2007 was a slow year and about 2000 TPs, this year I am over 3000 already. The quandry I have is I cannot use my million plus airmiles for love nor money living in singapore (though my membership remains in london).

All I want to do is book biz class for my parents to come to my wedding in late october but even in november last year there was no availability anywhere in asia in anything but WT.

The question is should I pursue GGL or not. By the end of my membership year in April I will be at about 4500 TPs. Wish the membership year finished now !! If I travel as normal then I will attain 3000 TPs for the next membership year in about 6 months. The question is will BA deem to grant entry to GGL straight away or do I need to wait???? And is there anyone out there who has managed to persuade BA to give them GGL based on 4500 TPs in a year ? My CCV is 94 so I guess someone loves me.

Its all too late for the wedding but will allow me to book miles for my parents to visit in the following year. And before someone says it - I would just pay cash for my parents to travel business class but they won't accept it - however miles is almost like it was free - or so I reason with them !

Or do I just give up on BA completely and before my membership even ends with BA I could qualify for PPS. Not that I really want to do that as I like BA (most of the time) and its nice being a 94 when things go wrong
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:22 am
jhm

Scubabunnie, as a gold, I believe a recent change has been increased availability for award tickets for double the normal miles.

Originally Posted by Scubabunnie
no availability anywhere in asia in
anything but WT,
Not even for NRT which is usually very easy ?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:24 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by jhm
Scubabunnie, as a gold, I believe a recent change has been increased availability for award tickets for double the normal miles.

And don't forget HKG, which has great short-notice availability most of the year.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Originally Posted by jhm
SIN-NRT is a 7-8hr flight, about the distance of Lon-BOS or NYC!
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hilton Diamond, StarAlliance Gold and on and on
Smile Trying desperately to get my parents to Singapore and use my million plus miles !

More suggestions would be great

Tried Hong Kong, Bangkok & Singapore

Boo Hoo
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:40 am
jhm

Originally Posted by Cyba
SIN-NRT is a 7-8hr flight, about the distance of Lon-BOS or NYC!
Sure, but I was thinking that perhaps Scubabunnie's parents could spend a day or so in Tokyo and then fly to/from SIN - either using BA miles on JL (I don't know what the availability would be like for this) or BD miles on NH/SQ (only 45,000 BD miles plus £300 plus taxes for two returns in J; or 60,000 BD miles plus £400 plus taxes in F).

Edit: you can buy 20,000 BD miles for around £265.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
GGL is back to its poor old self again. Calls are getting cut off ("unusually high call volume....") and put in queues >10minutes. Sigh...

Anyone else in the same position, if you do get through, and are fed up with the under-resourcing of the call centre, keep redialling and hanging up.

This will reflect on their performance (number of dropped calls), and is possibly the only way something will get done to improve staffing.

Some of us have more important things to worry about.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 5:11 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by execflyer

You wrote earlier:
A large complicated booking was dealt with perfectly. Top marks to the guy there for getting me out of a potentially costly situation. I will be having my office contact them to say thanks.

So get your ( possibly long-suffering) office to do it !
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by execflyer

Well you obviously don't fly very much or have complex/urgent booking/re-booking issues.

I too have more important things to worry about that spending 10-30 minutes in call queues, getting through, on average, in 50% in cases.

If they answered the phone on Sunday evening when my flight was > 1 hour delayed, which would mean missing the onward connection, then I could have got re-routed in time for a different connection, leaving 55 minutes later.

As it was, I had to queue at the ticket desk, got seen 42 minutes before the departing flight I wanted to move onto, and got a big fat "no we can't put you on a flight departing within 45 minutes".

Stuff like this results in (avoidable) missed connections, missed meetings, missed business.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Well you obviously don't fly very much or have complex/urgent booking/re-booking issues.

I too have more important things to worry about that spending 10-30 minutes in call queues, getting through, on average, in 50% in cases.

If they answered the phone on Sunday evening when my flight was > 1 hour delayed, which would mean missing the onward connection, then I could have got re-routed in time for a different connection, leaving 55 minutes later.

As it was, I had to queue at the ticket desk, got seen 42 minutes before the departing flight I wanted to move onto, and got a big fat "no we can't put you on a flight departing within 45 minutes".

Stuff like this results in (avoidable) missed connections, missed meetings, missed business.

I suppose 7600 points last year I a sign of a rare flyer with BA.

Have a good day playing talking telephone numbers and hanging up on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.