Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Work2Travel333
Currently in the Chelsea lounge flying AA domestic to Miami.
Would you mind asking these questions if you see a BA manager/rep strolling around:

"When is the Krug being added back to the regular menu?"
"When is the steak coming back to the regular menu?" follow-up "Do you think the menu here is up to the standard of the FFD/CCR?"
Old Dec 12, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: BAEC (GGL)
Originally Posted by jjLDNY
Would you mind asking these questions if you see a BA manager/rep strolling around:

"When is the Krug being added back to the regular menu?"
"When is the steak coming back to the regular menu?" follow-up "Do you think the menu here is up to the standard of the FFD/CCR?"
Just missed this, sorry. Waiting at the gate now. Seemed to be mainly AA team around this morning.
jjLDNY likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Data point. Turned away from Chelsea on an AA Transcon J as GGL. Obviously the BA app didn’t want to work to show my card.

The BA staff at the Chelsea desk were adamant AA domestic were not able to access the space. Settled down in SoHo and pulled up “At 5,000 Tier Points (and 3,000 Tier Points each year thereafter) our Gold Executive Club Members and one guest have access to our Chelsea lounge at New York JFK Terminal 8 when flying any class of travel with British Airways or American Airlines.” to make sure it was still on the website and the BA staff at the SoHo desk were happy to walk me through to Chelsea. Seems like there are conflicting briefings and new policies to add to the confusion, since Saturday.

No Krug, no LPGS, no cod by 1600
ryanbriar, jjLDNY and BlooJoo like this.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Silly19
Data point. Turned away from Chelsea on an AA Transcon J as GGL. Obviously the BA app didn’t want to work to show my card.

The BA staff at the Chelsea desk were adamant AA domestic were not able to access the space. Settled down in SoHo and pulled up “At 5,000 Tier Points (and 3,000 Tier Points each year thereafter) our Gold Executive Club Members and one guest have access to our Chelsea lounge at New York JFK Terminal 8 when flying any class of travel with British Airways or American Airlines.” to make sure it was still on the website and the BA staff at the SoHo desk were happy to walk me through to Chelsea. Seems like there are conflicting briefings and new policies to add to the confusion, since Saturday.

This sounds extremely annoying.

Maybe the Chief Customer Officer should have been more concerned about getting the basics right than about buying the expensive Czech pieces of glass?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:50 pm

Having been in twice they specifically want to open your app and then click on the card to see the 'GL'. I think that's how they were trained so you will need the app at the ready, or the physical.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, United Premier Silver; Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
No LPGS at the dining area. Readily available at the bar. Must be the accent.

The gentleman at the Chelsea desk seemed to take great personal delight in rejecting a lowly AA domestic ticket since the rules had changed from my last visit Saturday.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:06 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
No LPGS at the dining area. Readily available at the bar. Must be the accent.

The gentleman at the Chelsea desk seemed to take great personal delight in rejecting a lowly AA domestic ticket since the rules had changed from my last visit Saturday.
The rules have changed?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan
The rules have changed?
The BA gentleman at the Chelsea desk said, yes the rules have changed since Saturday you need to be flying F with BA or AA internationally. You cannot enter on an AA domestic ticket.

When I showed the BA staff at the SoHo desk the BA website they asked to take a picture to show to management because there was a conflict/contradiction from the briefing they had received this morning.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
The BA gentleman at the Chelsea desk said, yes the rules have changed since Saturday you need to be flying F with BA or AA internationally. You cannot enter on an AA domestic ticket.
Therefore, a GGL travelling BA in Club World or further back in the plane would also be denied access to the Chelsea Lounge.

Doc Copper
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by DoctorCopper
Therefore, a GGL travelling BA in Club World or further back in the plane would also be denied access to the Chelsea Lounge.

Doc Copper
So CK>GGL for this lounge then, since we can use it on domestic and international Flagship routes in any class. I find this hard to believe.

So it's a burgers and beer lounge, then? Got it.

Last edited by Prospero; Dec 20, 2022 at 1:06 pm Reason: combine consecutive posts
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:28 pm

When I showed the BA staff at the SoHo desk the BA website they asked to take a picture to show to management because there was a conflict/contradiction from the briefing they had received this morning.
So to confirm. They have supposedly changed the rules to prevent domestic (non-flagship) GGL flying? You are in the Chelsea today on a domestic but because the website is outdated they allowed it?

I have a slight suspicion that this person has maybe started today and received the same failed briefing that the rest of the team had on day 1.

I have 2 GGL friends on domestics that entered a few hours ago and get this; the BA rep said no "BA/AA F only", but after push-back then said "if the system says yes" a AA agent came along, said yes and they entered they're allowed and they entered.

That BA rep then came into the lounge a few minutes later to tell my friend that next time for domestics he will have to use the Soho.

He is going to confirm with them when he leaves shortly, as it doesn't make sense that you and my friends were able to enter at different times with presumably the same rep. He would have had confirmation after the first person entered.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What a farce. This really isn't hard to have a clear set of rules and give agents a simple one side of A4 guide.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
So can GGL use on Flagship routes (i.e. in J/Y to LAX) or only CKs? LOLOL
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by jjLDNY
So to confirm. They have supposedly changed the rules to prevent domestic (non-flagship) GGL flying? You are in the Chelsea today on a domestic but because the website is outdated they allowed it?

I have a slight suspicion that this person has maybe started today and received the same failed briefing that the rest of the team had on day 1.

I have 2 GGL friends on domestics that entered a few hours ago and get this; the BA rep said no "BA/AA F only", but after push-back then said "if the system says yes" a AA agent came along, said yes and they entered they're allowed and they entered.

That BA rep then came into the lounge a few minutes later to tell my friend that next time for domestics he will have to use the Soho.

He is going to confirm with them when he leaves shortly, as it doesn't make sense that you and my friends were able to enter at different times with presumably the same rep. He would have had confirmation after the first person entered.
I’m on a Flagship route in J but that’s neither here nor there as it wasn’t F international.

The BA Chelsea rep is from T7 CCR. He is memorable and upon seeing him I knew it was going to be a struggle.

Saturday I threw the AA team a curveball with a JetBlue boarding pass for a AA Flagship J route and they were more than happy to update the system with my GGL status.
Old Dec 12, 2022, 3:48 pm

I’m on a Flagship route in J but that’s neither here nor there as it wasn’t F international.

The BA Chelsea rep is from T7 CCR. He is memorable and upon seeing him I knew it was going to be a struggle.
Appreciated.

My friend will ask when he leaves.

Basically the issue here is that both of you got in today against the(his?) 'entry reqs' which doesn't make sense. This BA Rep would have checked after whichever one of you was first and not allowed the later one in if this was truly the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.