Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŗ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Of five main courses currently on the menu*, four are shared with Soho's table service menu. Only the tagine is Chelsea-exclusive.

A dismal state of affairs.

*Subject to (non)-availability
Football Fan likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by Ned1968
Meanwhile in a parallel universe this is how Google is reporting the London CCR menu (menu tab, scroll down)

BA CCR menu according to Google

Was it ever that good???
Last week, it was really bad. Couldn't find anything of interest. The lamb stew was mediocre. Although heaps better than Chelsea!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
What a farce. This really isn't hard to have a clear set of rules and give agents a simple one side of A4 guide.
I guess I'm surprised that you are surprised by this. I mean any casual reading of AA (or even AS now) forums have documented US based BA lounge attendants improperly denying elite members access to US based BA lounges for years and years (decades?) under any manner of made of stuff...

On a side note, I'm finding following this thread quite fun; it's a delicious irony reading countless angry posts from some of the same members that continually seek to discount the frustration and service levels many of us plebs experience in the LHR GF Lounge at T5. Many here always tells us that everything in that lounge is just fine indeed. But now that their new lounge is not hitting the mark, oh boy, stop the world.

Well, don't worry folks, everything is fine, this is the way it supposed to be! (at least that is what many of you say in the GF lounge thread)

Regards
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by scubadu
I guess I'm surprised that you are surprised by this. I mean any casual reading of AA (or even AS now) forums have documented US based BA lounge attendants improperly denying elite members access to US based BA lounges for years and years (decades?) under any manner of made of stuff...

On a side note, I'm finding following this thread quite fun; it's a delicious irony reading countless angry posts from some of the same members that continually seek to discount the frustration and service levels many of us plebs experience in the LHR GF Lounge at T5. Many here always tells us that everything in that lounge is just fine indeed. But now that their new lounge is not hitting the mark, oh boy, stop the world.

Well, don't worry folks, everything is fine, this is the way it supposed to be! (at least that is what many of you say in the GF lounge thread)

Regards
I think what's surprising is that the BA agents from the CCR moved over and are there. This doesn't seem to be an confused AA agent problem.
TangoOneSeven likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 9:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

Regards
i guess I am not surprised by your post either
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:50 am
Suspended

Chelsea should have a higher standard, as CCR does.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
One of the things I liked best about the BA lounges in London and the T7 lounges (Galleries and Galleries First) Iíve visited ó never had the chance to go into the CCR ó is that there was always a good selection of nuts, crisps, olives, cheeses, crackers, cruditťs, dried fruit and small plate mezze/antipasti type things as well as shortbread biscuits etc. (And at tea time at LHR a good range of sandwiches)

AA doesnít seem to provide that kind of thing in any AA lounge Iíve been to ó they stretch to Chex Mix if youíre lucky and plain pretzels and soy nuts if youíre not.

I much prefer making a meal of various small dishes than having to rely on a handful of main course choices from a limited menu.

Hopefully this will change ó do any of you agree that this is an unfortunate difference between BA and AAís approach to lounge food?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 8:30 pm

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Quite surprised by the cheapness of the paper towels in Chelsea. Izal equivalent. Couldnít see any dryers
TangoOneSeven likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:35 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by Dark Blue
I am looking forward to your report. I am in the same boat later this month (only outbound though, inbound via BOS). Some say that I would not get the access, the other it's OK.
alas, my plan to visit today has been scuppered by the canx of BA172 so Iím flying direct to LAX now. Hopefully will be in the lounge on Sunday
Dark Blue and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Deckard
Quite surprised by the cheapness of the paper towels in Chelsea. Izal equivalent. Couldnít see any dryers
If the washrooms are the same as Soho, there is at least one sink (why only one?!) with a gold thing that looks like a tap but isnít - itís a dryer. It blows all the sink water up at you, however. The automatic soap dispenser, tap and dryer are all separate and unmarked, and the tap sprays water everywhere but the basin.

Ludicrous.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
If the washrooms are the same as Soho, there is at least one sink (why only one?!) with a gold thing that looks like a tap but isnít - itís a dryer. It blows all the sink water up at you, however. The automatic soap dispenser, tap and dryer are all separate and unmarked, and the tap sprays water everywhere but the basin.

Ludicrous.
thatís what the gold thing was! Yes, couldnít get hot water and tap and soap dispenser desultory
Genius1 likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:36 am

No Krug last night but plentiful LPGS
Old Dec 15, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Any updates on the beer selection at all ? Same as the old FFD or anything new ? I'm still hoping Guinness makes a return.

In terms of what I've read here, to me , the confusion about the entry requirements is such a simple fix, so simple. So that is the most annoying thing out of it all.

If they cant get that right, then the other issues may take weeks, maybe months.

We haven't been there yet, so just basing my thoughts on this thread and other such social media.

I'm still positive just... that things will get better very soon....
Old Dec 15, 2022, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
In terms of what I've read here, to me , the confusion about the entry requirements is such a simple fix, so simple. So that is the most annoying thing out of it all.
Well, it seems to me there is probably some internal disagreement between AA and BA on what the policy should be. I think I posted way upthread (or in a similar thread) that it didn't make sense to me for GGL to get access on US-only itineraries -- they never had it before, and AA wasn't giving it to its CK's (and CK is more exclusive than GGL). So the combo of a disagreement and apparent miscommunications (or non-controlled communications) may be what has led to the apparent confusion.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Avis Preferred
GGL never got that access on only US domestic itins because it was never an option.

as already mentioned, i think GGLs on US only itins should get access because the numbers cant be that large given the limited non-flagship routes from JFK on AA and the simple fact is the whole AA system is based on paying for lounge access memberships or via credit card. so the fact that CKs get lounge access as part of their membership is a perk that sits on a revenue lounge model. so no, i do not think they are similar wrt lounge access in any way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.