Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŕ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
Steak was tender but still pieces of steak rather than an actual steak

They are happy to do fries if you ask

Old May 9, 2024, 3:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Menu from Wednesday evening. I went for potato croquettes which were bland as already noted, and the ny sirloin but with fries and not mash.

flarmip likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 2:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Just popped a fresh bottle of Krug.

Decently packed this evening and feels very hot. We’ll see what the timing of the food looks like.

Given that it is physically impossible to add windows, they should turn the wall near the lounge chairs into a “digital” window (or something to that effect) versus the current setup of those sliver picture panels. Would at least give the illusion of not being in a windowless box
The manager on duty on Monday told me, with obvious frustration, that the staff had been asking for the temperature to be reduced for months
Old May 10, 2024, 7:03 am

Last night was pretty good, service friendly, the manager introduced himself and talked us through the new menu. Crab cake excellent, kofta very good and bottomless Krug a great treat.

This morning not so good. Asked for a croissant and a smoothie and was told to go and help myself from Soho because they didn’t have any in Chelsea. In future I will just go over to Soho in the mornings because the breakfast spread over there is very good.

Agreed on the temperature and am very glad I opted to travel in shorts and a t-shirt both days!
seanp7 likes this.
Old May 10, 2024, 1:56 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I have moved a bunch of Champagne related posts to this thread:

JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŕ jour du champagne

Please post your bubbles stories over there.

golfmad
Moderator: BAEC Forum
Old May 10, 2024, 5:09 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Super fast Wifi has landed into the Chelsea lounge.

M
Old May 10, 2024, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Super fast Wifi has landed into the Chelsea lounge.

M
Let's just hope it doesn't mean even more people making obnoxious skype/whatsapp calls for hours. The last few times I was there, it was already close to being unbearable...
MaxFlyer and klaus79856 like this.
Old May 10, 2024, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA GfL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
The manager on duty on Monday told me, with obvious frustration, that the staff had been asking for the temperature to be reduced for months
When I was there Friday 3rd May, it was 70°F to 71°F an no longer 75°F !
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:12 am

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Let's just hope it doesn't mean even more people making obnoxious skype/whatsapp calls for hours. The last few times I was there, it was already close to being unbearable...
I told three people to speak more quietly when I was in the other afternoon. All seemed shocked that someone had the notion to approach, including one person who gave away so much information during the call that I had his LinkedIn page on my screen when I approached!

The staff were quite grateful, and the day-manager (nice jacket) had a long chat about it with me.

M
Old May 11, 2024, 9:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA CK (8MM), Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
The best part of American Airlines predeparture announcement is to explain the “quiet cabin” policy. You’d think travelers who can afford to be in Chelsea would respect others and the relaxing environment. And you’d be wrong.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by private_md
You’d think travelers who can afford to be in Chelsea would respect others.
Why would you think that? is respect for others supposed to be correlated with money (in either direction)?

plenty of people allowed in Chelsea will be mindful of others, some will think status or wealth means « I can do whatever I want », just like there will be poor people who are very mindful of others and others who aren’t.
KARFA likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 1:05 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
I told three people to speak more quietly when I was in the other afternoon. All seemed shocked that someone had the notion to approach, including one person who gave away so much information during the call that I had his LinkedIn page on my screen when I approached!

The staff were quite grateful, and the day-manager (nice jacket) had a long chat about it with me.

M
Is there a preferred way of achieving the desired result without offending the target(s)?
Old May 11, 2024, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Is there a preferred way of achieving the desired result without offending the target(s)?
I find picking up my phone and saying "Dave? Yeah it's me. You will not BELIEVE the intel I've just heard about <insert Foghorn Leghorn's company name here> and what they're doing" quite loudly works well.
Old May 11, 2024, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold

M
It was pretty bad this past Thursday evening for the hour that I was there (e.g., a guy at the bar on a full-blown Teams call talking about some confidential information). It looked like a couple of those little work areas were free, which is where I’ve gone before when needing to join a meeting etc. I contemplated saying “take it to Soho ”, but refrained as he shortly departed.

I get needing to make calls and the like (I probably spend 5-8 hours a day on the phone), but folks need to have some situational awareness.
MaxFlyer likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Howard Long
Probably, but I make problems go away for a living, so this is just an extension (and I'm not even charging them)

If the caller lacks the wherewithal to notice others around are irritated, that's their issue; I however, will resolve it!

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.