Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise ŗ jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Makes a change. I usually go for the salmon as it's relatively light compared to everything else, but usually (even after asking) it's cooked to oblivion. Yours looks like they've just about managed to pull it out the pan before sending it to a dry and textureless demise.
seanp7 and jjLDNY like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by c1223
Makes a change. I usually go for the salmon as it's relatively light compared to everything else, but usually (even after asking) it's cooked to oblivion. Yours looks like they've just about managed to pull it out the pan before sending it to a dry and textureless demise.
It was nice and pink inside. Cooked perfect for me, unlike the salmon on my AA transcon a few days ago which was dry like the Sahara desert.
c1223 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond

The trifle. Itís okay. Very sweet. The waitress did warn me about how sweet it was and that she would recommend the croissant pudding. I should have listened.
Markie and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:27 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club: Gold, Delta: Gold Medallion, Southwest: A-list
Originally Posted by coleslaw
Do the golden tickets mean anything to shared lounge employees?
Iíve given them to shared oneworld Global connections staff before, as well as some BaxterStorey staff members through the years. Whilst I didnít get confirmation from any of them, I have heard BS and the old Elemis staff members openly talk about receiving recognition for them and invites to celebration events. So maybe?

Either way, itís one of BAs proscribed methods for providing recognition to staff who really make a difference to the journey. So I hope that it gets passed along to Joanna in the same way it is submitted.
onobond and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 4:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GOLD, AS,AA,HILTON,IHG
The Chelsea looks nice! A pity I won't get a chance to enjoy it. Just booked LAX-JFK-LHR-NBO but I'll be lucky to make my connections at both JFK and LHR let alone even have time for a sip of anything at either the Chelsea or the CCR! I guess that's how BA was able to 'give' me First for the price of J - cut out the frills.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 4:44 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Who is this James Beard guy anyway?
I canít tell if this is a serious or rhetorical question. James Beard has been dead for 39 years.
VSLover likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
I canít tell if this is a serious or rhetorical question. James Beard has been dead for 39 years.
For almost as long as AA's premium catering has been then!
seanp7 likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 2:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
If Iím flying AA JFK > IAD and then same day IAD > LHR in BA F do I get access to the Chelsea lounge for the short AA leg before?
Old Apr 18, 2024, 6:35 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Gomac
If Iím flying AA JFK > IAD and then same day IAD > LHR in BA F do I get access to the Chelsea lounge for the short AA leg before?
Yes, please refer to the following thread in the AA forum:
Gomac likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 9:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Quick enjoyable visit tonight. Pretty quiet given the timing (9:40-10:30 pm). Food came out quickly.

Cristal was on offer as the premium champagne A few glasses made the trek though the Disney advertising passageway much more tolerable

Latest menu. The steak has returned. A few interesting choices (beet hummus) and looking forward to checking them out when Iím back at JFK in a couple of weeks.

Potato croquettes. They were solid and filling.

Sticking with the fried food theme, went with the Milanese (aka chicken cutlet). I was going to go with the salmon as it is quite good, but figured that I would try the Milanese as it seems like a new addition. It was good, but other choices are definitely superior.
seanp7, VSLover and jjLDNY like this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
In Italy the milanese is usually considered a standard restaurant offer for children, or a classic canteen food item. I would have never thought to see it there...
MaxFlyer and ryanbriar like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 5:39 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Lefly
In Italy the milanese is usually considered a standard restaurant offer for children, or a classic canteen food item. I would have never thought to see it there...
It's a hugely fashionable dish at the moment, despite its relative low cost (see below photo from a Michelin stared chefs new restaurant)

M
TWA884, ryanbriar and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Quick enjoyable visit tonight. Pretty quiet given the timing (9:40-10:30 pm). Food came out quickly.

Cristal was on offer as the premium champagne A few glasses made the trek though the Disney advertising passageway much more tolerable

Latest menu. The steak has returned. A few interesting choices (beet hummus) and looking forward to checking them out when Iím back at JFK in a couple of weeks.

Potato croquettes. They were solid and filling.

Sticking with the fried food theme, went with the Milanese (aka chicken cutlet). I was going to go with the salmon as it is quite good, but figured that I would try the Milanese as it seems like a new addition. It was good, but other choices are definitely superior.
Shame I was there too early yesterday for the main menu. I liked the lounge and had a great fresh Eggs Benedict. Was far too early for alcohol at 4.30am but good to know there was Cristal - will look out for it later this week!
ryanbriar and KARFA like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:46 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
New menu looks great and Cristal's return is very much welcomed (had 1/2 a bottle on my 2nd last visit!).
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott Amb, Hyatt Glob
As one of the bigger pessimists on the thread, this menu is very good and the steak making a comeback is incredible news given the suggestion it wouldn't be back. Though I can imagine it was on the top of the feedback list alongside entry and champagne.

Who is going to brave the Shrimp and Grapefruit salad for us? I'll be back in a week for the challenge.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.