Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2024, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
For the latest updates and discussion related to the champagnes on offer, please visit the sister thread linked below
JFK Chelsea Lounge | la mise à jour du champagne
Print Wikipost

British Airways and American Airlines Chelsea Lounge - JFK Terminal 8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:58 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
After a few morning visits since the menu changed, I have 2 evening visits in the next week. Sad that I won't be able to enjoy the steak frites.
How's the spicy rigatoni?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:15 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Breakfast options

English butty and french toast

Salmon carpaccio
today it was only LPGS available. Still my preference after trying the new champagne from BA

Cheers!
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Not just specifically Chelsea, but the whole of T8 is roasting hot. Very unlike the Americans to not have the AC blasting at 65ºF. It was 77ºF earlier in the Chelsea lounge (with the fire on). Absolutely ridiculous.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by c1223
Not just specifically Chelsea, but the whole of T8 is roasting hot. Very unlike the Americans to not have the AC blasting at 65ºF. It was 77ºF earlier in the Chelsea lounge (with the fire on). Absolutely ridiculous.
A nice change from the usual walk-in freezer feeling one get once inside the terminal...
(MIA is worse, though, and PHX is coming close)
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:21 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by c1223
To make BA passengers used to T5 temperatures in summer at home?
Football Fan and ryanbriar like this.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 5:42 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
After a few morning visits since the menu changed, I have 2 evening visits in the next week. Sad that I won't be able to enjoy the steak frites.
Haven't flown in a while (had to finish my dissertation) and will be going to Chelsea for an evening flight across the pond with my brother in a couple of weeks.
I also wish they'd bring back the steak frites, it was my go-to choice, in part as I just cannot get myself to go to a steak house in NYC :P
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:29 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Gold, Accor LeClub - Platinum, Hilton Hhonors - Diamond
Krug!!

Krug was back in the lounge today when I passed through early afternoon on my way to DFW and BA192. Had to be asked for, but Joanna proactively offered it (among the other rotating bottles) and kept it topped up nicely!

First time trying the crab cakes on the all day menu. They’re excellent! Up there with the Salt & Pepper Squid in QF F lounges around the world. Please don’t change these out!

I’ve not met Joanna (my server) on any of my previous visits and she was a delight! Courteous, engaging, subtle and with very thorough understanding of the product. Golden ticket submitted.

This being my fourth visit in 18 months, it’s finally starting to get to a respectable level for which it was intended (and promoted with far too much pomp)!
Old Apr 13, 2024, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NXflyer
Krug was back in the lounge today when I passed through early afternoon on my way to DFW and BA192. Had to be asked for, but Joanna proactively offered it (among the other rotating bottles) and kept it topped up nicely!

First time trying the crab cakes on the all day menu. They’re excellent! Up there with the Salt & Pepper Squid in QF F lounges around the world. Please don’t change these out!

I’ve not met Joanna (my server) on any of my previous visits and she was a delight! Courteous, engaging, subtle and with very thorough understanding of the product. Golden ticket submitted.

This being my fourth visit in 18 months, it’s finally starting to get to a respectable level for which it was intended (and promoted with far too much pomp)!
Do the golden tickets mean anything to shared lounge employees?
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by S.R
How's the spicy rigatoni?
I have to say upon reading your post this morning, this has really saddened and disappointed me too.

I've been waiting the best part of a year for my upcoming F trip, I was looking forward to steak frites in JFK and a matter of a few weeks beforehand, they go and change the sodding menu!

I'm not a champagne quaffer so the bubbles du jour are of little interest to me. I'll just be after some robust sustenance after having endured 2x AA sectors GRU-MIA-JFK (overnight and morning) where the in flight menu options look lousy to say the least.

The idea was to eat on arrival at JFK prior to boarding BA F to LHR later in the evening with steak frites seeming like the best way to fill that gap.

Crab cakes and rigatoni just aren't cutting it for me I'm afraid. Does anyone have the updated Chelsea menu to share?

​​​​​​

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Apr 14, 2024 at 2:55 am
Old Apr 14, 2024, 2:47 am

Ignore the above.... I've found it by scrolling back a few pages.... Perhaps the menu can be added to a sticky on the thread header for others to find easily???

Who is this James Beard guy anyway?
His excessive use of short rib is annoying. Every AA menu (also received the Beard treatment) has looked the same for well over a year and now it's beginning to infiltrate the F lounges.

All things considered I'll probably pass the food crimes of the James Beard Foundation and head in to the city!
private_md likes this.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Apr 14, 2024 at 2:53 am
Old Apr 14, 2024, 5:58 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I have to say upon reading your post this morning, this has really saddened and disappointed me too.

I've been waiting the best part of a year for my upcoming F trip, I was looking forward to steak frites in JFK and a matter of a few weeks beforehand, they go and change the sodding menu!

I'm not a champagne quaffer so the bubbles du jour are of little interest to me. I'll just be after some robust sustenance after having endured 2x AA sectors GRU-MIA-JFK (overnight and morning) where the in flight menu options look lousy to say the least.

The idea was to eat on arrival at JFK prior to boarding BA F to LHR later in the evening with steak frites seeming like the best way to fill that gap.

Crab cakes and rigatoni just aren't cutting it for me I'm afraid. Does anyone have the updated Chelsea menu to share?

​​​​​​
The steak hasnt been on the menu since November.

I posted the reasons behind the switch (direct from the chef).

M
seanp7, 1Aturnleft and ryanbriar like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 6:18 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I've been waiting the best part of a year for my upcoming F trip, I was looking forward to steak frites in JFK and a matter of a few weeks beforehand, they go and change the sodding menu!​​​​​​
Waiting a year for an airport dish on a rotating menu isn't wise...

The crab cakes are excellent (so is the sweet potato bisque), and you can always wander over to Soho to see the selections there also. You can grab a real NYC steak in Manhattan next trip - it will be better - and I'm pretty sure you'll still have a great time in Chelsea/Soho. They also do a great Manhattan (cocktail) if the champagne isn't your thing. Enjoy!
1Aturnleft and crazy8534 like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by seanp7
Waiting a year for an airport dish on a rotating menu isn't wise...

The crab cakes are excellent (so is the sweet potato bisque), and you can always wander over to Soho to see the selections there also. You can grab a real NYC steak in Manhattan next trip - it will be better - and I'm pretty sure you'll still have a great time in Chelsea/Soho. They also do a great Manhattan (cocktail) if the champagne isn't your thing. Enjoy!
It wasn't quite the reason for the trip but I'll admit I was looking forward to dodging the aforementioned AA short rib in the air and getting something more to my liking on the ground that's all... 3/3 sectors are serving it as an inflight option and now it's showing up on the ground too!

I've got a 9hr layover at JFK so I dare say I'll venture in to Manhattan during that time... especially now that there's nothing worth my time hanging around Chelsea for. The current menu really isn't to my liking.

Soho's salad bar may well be more my thing when I come back for preflight dining. I'm used to the Soho setup from previous CW trips.

Thanks for the heads up on Chelsea's cocktails and mixology.. I'll be sure to down a couple of Manhattan's prior to boarding BA 👍
seanp7 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Currently in Chelsea. Ordered the curry and sweet potato bisque and oh wow! It looks simple but it’s silky smooth and the depth of flavours are amazing. I highly recommend.
seanp7 likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 1:32 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond

The grilled salmon. Very generous portion. Cooked well and nice complex and balanced flavours across the dish.
VSLover likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.